• no

78 70.91%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    #POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think spurspl should retire.
    i think u really dont see how bad management is right now. But i wont discuss with someone who cant say anything substantive and probably still believe that spurs are contender upcoming season xd
    Last edited by spurspl; 08-20-2019 at 11:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right? Philly was in the lottery for FIVE STRAIGHT YEARS, and still has no chip to show for it. No Finals. Picking high in the lottery, they’ve missed as much as they’ve hit.

Boston had a ton of high picks from their Nets haul. No chip. No Finals.
    Don't you think PATFO could have done a better job than Boston or Philly with those picks?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who is better now? Who has better roster and has more chances to be in the finals? Spurs or Philly/Boston?
    Philly and Boston, but mostly because they play in the East. Put both of those teams in the West and the Spurs in the East and the answer becomes San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think u really dont see how bad management is right now. But i wont discuss with someone who cant say anything substantive and probably still believe that spurs are contender upcoming season xd
    but you did discuss it with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely incredible thread idea. Will share it's unparalleled originality with family, friends and all strangers I pass on the street today.
    yes, glad this op-ed has decided to bring such a fresh topic and previously ignored thoughts to this forum.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly and Boston, but mostly because they play in the East. Put both of those teams in the West and the Spurs in the East and the answer becomes San Antonio.

ur right, west is much stronger conference and spurs would probably be higher in the east. But there is no way that spurs are now better than philly or boston. And wont be better at least in a next 3-4yrs unless PATFO change strategy or philly/bos do sth stupid
    Last edited by spurspl; 08-20-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another whiny post

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i think u really dont see how bad management is right now.
    Who do you want in their place?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do you want in their place?
    anyone who wants to make spurs a contender again

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    anyone who wants to make spurs a contender again
    Like who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do u guys think about pop? Should he retire?

Imo he doesnt fit to nowadays basketball, bc of him we lost a great oportunity to rebuild trading the best asset (kawhi) to TOR for ddr -.- , very short sightseeing, a nonsense chasing another PO and fighting for 7-8 seed and finally nobody wants to play in USA team. I really admire Pop(top3 coach ever easily) but as a spurs fan im tired of watching spurs with no progress.
    should've just trade Kawhi for Tobias, Shai-Gilgeious Alexander and a dozen of picks. Would've been better than Debrick Depression
    is OP talking to himself?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is OP a kobyz troll?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is OP talking to himself?
    stream of consciousness.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs roster was terrible last year and he still got them to the playoffs and nearly 50 wins.
    Two all stars and other serviceable players is not terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Timmy Duncan.
    Think he could eclipse Pops 1st year win % of .266?

Yes or no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another whiny post
    God, seriously. I don't get why anyone would want to tank. You're never gonna see a situation where you go, "Oh, you missed your chance. You should have tanked." You can ALWAYS blow it up. It's never too late to do that. If the Spurs blow it up in five years rather than in one, the only difference will be that they were a good team for longer. Being bad doesn't mean unless you happen to be bad when a legit All-Timer comes out. The last obvious All-Timer to come out in the draft was Lebron. Zion might be the next, but we'll see. Even getting Simmons wouldn't make the Spurs better than just staying the course. Most superstars aren't the clear best player of this classes. Durant, Leonard, Giannis, Jokic and most of the others didn't outshine one or more prospects that ended up being much worse players than them. KD was at least 1b but Oden was at least even with him in almost everyone's minds.

So sure, if a true home-run guarantee was about to come out, I get tanking. The Spurs did that for Duncan. But most of the guys drafted, even at the top of the round, won't be better than LMA (2nd-overall) and DeRozan (9th-overall) or even Rudy Gay (8th-overall). Those are highly drafted, proven guys. You aren't likely to get better than them, so why would you force yourself to try? If you want to want to win, scout well, coach guys up and try to make moves to be the best team you can without sacrificing the future. That's what PATFO did. Somehow, SA has managed to assemble the asset war chest of a much worse team despite only trading for one prospect and one pick over the past seven years. It's amazing. Let's see what they can parlay that into. Of course, I have my own ideas, namely only holding onto the top three or so guys and moving the rest for win-now pieces. But they have earned the right to do what they think is best.

Pop certainly shouldn't retire just so the Spurs can hope to be Philly in five years, when the Spurs right now would very likely beat the Sixers in a playoff series. And to whomever put Boston in when the Celtics would get their pushed in by any playoff team in the West.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo pop had some impact on kawhis leaving. There had to be a bad relationship between them before all the drama. Kawhi said he wanted to play only in LA. This info just ruined a spurs leverage. Thats not what u do to man/organization u respect and have good relationship with.
    I know that sa isnt an attractive city and there is a serious problem with small market but as long as u are a contender it really doesnt matter. There are still a superstars that want to win a ring. Now spurs arent a contender and do nothing to be in mear future so im not suprised that nobody wants to play here.
    When somebody wants to live in a big city in their home state, there is nothing you can do. You think that there was a bad relationship but you have no idea. For sure, a player who acts like a drama queen with two years left in his contract probably didn't go well with a guy like Pop but that's all on Kawhi. The fact that he just left the team that won the championship shows exactly that this is not about playing for a contender. Kawhi wanted to play for LA and he is there.

Which superstar has come to SA in their prime? None, zero. The Spurs have been winners thanks to the draft and going after good role players that complement well the Spurs stars. Despite being a contender (winner) for years, there was not one superstar who wanted to join the Spurs. San Antonio is not attractive, that's all.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How about Timmy Duncan.
    Think he could eclipse Pops 1st year win % of .266?

Yes or no?
    With the same roster Pop had then?

No.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When somebody wants to live in a big city in their home state, there is nothing you can do. You think that there was a bad relationship but you have no idea. For sure, a player who acts like a drama queen with two years left in his contract probably didn't go well with a guy like Pop but that's all on Kawhi. The fact that he just left the team that won the championship shows exactly that this is not about playing for a contender. Kawhi wanted to play for LA and he is there.

Which superstar has come to SA in their prime? None, zero. The Spurs have been winners thanks to the draft and going after good role players that complement well the Spurs stars. Despite being a contender (winner) for years, there was not one superstar who wanted to join the Spurs. San Antonio is not attractive, that's all.
    or maybe he didnt like the organization/people not the city. Or he noticed that he wont win another chip with spurs. And then he decided to go away to his home town. U never know.
    Agree he acted like a drama queen and thats the reason hes not my fav player anymore.
    im glad that u noticed how important for spurs draft is. and its really hard to draft a star having late picks (thats exactly what spurs are doing right now)
    One came here to win a chip, LMA (poor guy)
    Earlier nobody came here bc spurs were contenders almost 20yrs. They had high drafted robinson and duncan then added parker and manu. U didnt need any superstar having these beasts in a rosterc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the same roster Pop had then?

No.
    Chumplov folds.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I just said no, dip .

Made any progress stalking the former dancers, Carbbs?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just said no, dip .
    The question was not "are you heterosexual?"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The question was not "are you heterosexual?"
    Carbbs folds.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or maybe he didnt like the organization/people not the city. Or he noticed that he wont win another chip with spurs. And then he decided to go away to his home town. U never know.
    Agree he acted like a drama queen and thats the reason hes not my fav player anymore.
    im glad that u noticed how important for spurs draft is. and its really hard to draft a star having late picks (thats exactly what spurs are doing right now)
    One came here to win a chip, LMA (poor guy)
    Earlier nobody came here bc spurs were contenders almost 20yrs. They had high drafted robinson and duncan then added parker and manu. U didnt need any superstar having these beasts in a rosterc.
    We agree but for somebody who doesn't know what happened, you are quick to put the blame on Pop. The team could have won a championship with the roster they had last year with him instead of Derozan, they would have been one of the favorites. We'll see what he does in LA. Contrary to most people, I don't think that the Clippers are the favorites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not as focused on the game as he use to be. Too much politics or too much loss with his wife passing. He just is not the coach he use to be.
    Agree get out with making playoffs streak intact.

Thread Information