Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate it with a passion too, but for different reasons. The real risk is pretending that what was before it was any better, because then we fall back into the same trap. It wasn't. Services and drugs were just as expensive, it excluded or priced out a ton of people, it bankrupted families, it allowed policies with substandard care. Talk about a scam.
    That's frankly many of my reasons.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    awww, you want attention?

WHOS A GOOD BOY. WHOS A GOOD BOY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. I'm not a statistician; but there were advanced problems based upon sort of a reverse-engineering where you'd be given the variations or "anomalies" and you'd have to calculate the probability of a mean being in a certain range. Sorry, but the odds of having a situation where rates are tripling and the overall rates still decreasing on the average is pretty much unheard of. You're subscribing to FAKE NEWS.
    You don't need to be a statistician to know that a sample of 1 in ~200 million (I'm being generous here) is largely irrelevant. That sample contributes 0.000000005% to the 'odds' you mention.

Still looking for a source that shows rates 'tripling' nationwide. You can't provide it because it hasn't happened. Again, it might've happened to you in your district, but it's not representative of the nation as a whole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's frankly many of my reasons.
    Well, then, let's not shoot ourselves in the foot again and don't go back there.

We're going to need to have a discussion as a nation whether healthcare needs to be something more than great business for a few, tbh. I keep bringing this up every time we discuss healthcare.

Even Trump's threats to import cheaper medicine from overseas is a heavy handed shot at that problem. The realistic solution is through legislation. Unlike boutons, I don't think it's impossible. I do think enough pressure has to mount (and it sucks that pressure means suffering for a lot of people).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " Bloated healthcare prices in the US are nothing new, and nothing that the ACA really addressed. It's unsurprising to see it continue."

not surprising at all.

A huge majority of politicians, both parties, are corrupted by BigHealthCare, so politics will not kill the excess of $1T+ / year that Americans pay for health care.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't need to be a statistician to know that a sample of 1 in ~200 million (I'm being generous here) is largely irrelevant.
    Did I say it was one? GTFO

Also, it's nowhere 200 million types of plans.

But if we are going with 200 million (based on consumer), then at you believing I am the only one with that type of plan.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " Bloated healthcare prices in the US are nothing new, and nothing that the ACA really addressed. It's unsurprising to see it continue."

not surprising at all.

A huge majority of politicians, both parties, are corrupted by BigHealthCare, so politics will not kill the excess of $1T+ / year that Americans pay for health care.

The solution tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bernie has no real solutions... you've just bought into his madness is all. with that said, you're following a zionist as you hate on zionists here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ps: i trust no man who can't keep his bottom lip up. 2face bernout!

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bernie has no real solutions... you've just bought into his madness is all. with that said, you're following a zionist as you hate on zionists here.
    He's a good Jew tbh. He put Bibi in his place the other day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a good Jew tbh. He put Bibi in his place the other day
    lol a good jew who wants to turn our country into a hole with his communistic outlook. you're def brainwashed like the losers i met in LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I say it was one? GTFO

Also, it's nowhere 200 million types of plans.

But if we are going with 200 million (based on consumer), then at you believing I am the only one with that type of plan.
    No, there's ~200 million people insured. You and your anecdote is 1 in 200 million, that was what was pointed out.

There's all sorts of plans based on family size, income, and premiums are also all over. In some states premiums went down, not up.

Again, that's why studies like those done by the HHS, Kaiser, etc will always trump "but I saw it with my own eyes"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, there's ~200 million people insured. You and your anecdote is 1 in 200 million, that was what was pointed out.
    Clearly, I wouldn't be the only one in 200 million with my plan.

And I stated that it was more than my plan, anyhow. Rates of plans aren't doubling and tripling and rates on average decreasing. That's ing asinine. You're proof that fake news works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly, I wouldn't be the only one in 200 million with my plan.

And I stated that it was more than my plan, anyhow. Rates of plans aren't doubling and tripling and rates on average decreasing. That's ing asinine. You're proof that fake news works.
    To make a claim your plan is representative of anything, then you have to back it up. Give us some numbers, how representative is your plan over the ~200 million people insured?

You keep talking and not backing anything you say. Already asked for the evidence of rates tripling nationwide. That's fake news.

If you don't know, just say you don't know, it's a perfectly fine position to have. No need to make up because "feelings".

And BTW, nobody claimed the rates were going down on the overall. The claim was that the rates are going up on a lesser percentage year to year than before ACA was established.

There wouldn't be anything asinine about that. Uninsured people were reduced from ~11% to ~4% of the population, that's about 12 million people. On any insurance system, the larger the pool the more spread out the cost.

The issue is that without controlling the actual service/drug costs, and those raising faster than inflation while wages do not, you'll continue to have more and more unaffordable care as time goes by. That's a problem both ACA and it's predecessor have.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To make a claim your plan is representative of anything, then you have to back it up. Give us some numbers, how representative is your plan over the ~200 million people insured?
    That's a philo. My plan isn't representative of 200 million. The rates shot up. And if I had found that somehow wasn't against the trend, I would've switched plans. You're proof that fake news works.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's a philo. My plan isn't representative of 200 million. The rates shot up. And if I had found that somehow wasn't against the trend, I would've switched plans. You're proof that fake news works.
    still not getting it after being spoon fed for days.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still not getting it after being spoon fed for days.
    Blake Zero doing chime ins. Par.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blake Zero doing chime ins. Par.
    I don't know what more needs to be said tbh.

You're completely and undeniably wrong. You have your one anecdote and that's nothing, statistically speaking. You were spoon fed this by one of the smartest and most patient posters on this site, and all you can do is say MUH ANECDOTE.

lol derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what more needs to be said tbh.

You're completely and undeniably wrong. You have your one anecdote and that's nothing, statistically speaking. You were spoon fed this by one of the smartest and most patient posters on this site, and all you can do is say MUH ANECDOTE.

lol derp
    Lashing out. Par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp mode activated

My Pain: Constant & Sharp
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Derp mode activated
    Atta boy, lil cuck buddy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alt mode activated. Derp is finished here.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alt mode activated. Derp is finished here.
    You're on a roll, cuck.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, I simply said you are completely wrong.

Look at you lashing out at everyone who knows you're wrong and says so.

You can't handle it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chump ranting. Par.

Thread Information