Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people are going to rank Lebron in the top 10 players, or at least in the top 15. And out of those who don’t, it seems hard to imagine many would rank him under the top 20. But I am sure that there are some folks who would. If you happen to be among them, what are your reasons for doing so?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s hard to justify not ranking Lebron in the top 3 at this point both statistically and from an accomplishment perspective.

The only thing you can have against him is him being a diva.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An IQ under 80

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing 6 championship rings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing 6 championship rings
    As I said, an IQ under 80, case and point above

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My IQ was scored at 168 in 8th grade, booyah. I was also Middle school class valedictorian (SSAISD school) and High School class valedictorian (NISD school). And 4.00000 at UNT. Booyah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also... 3-6 in the NBA Finals has to be a sports record for futility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My IQ was scored at 168 in 8th grade, booyah. I was also Middle school class valedictorian (SSAISD school) and High School class valedictorian (NISD school). And 4.00000 at UNT. Booyah.
    No one believes your bull Andy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one believes your bull Andy
    I could post proof but I'd rather not be full doxxed

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    He belongs in the 8-15 greatest tier

Not GOAT status but generational talent

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Failure to post up JJ Barea in June 2011.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could post proof but I'd rather not be full doxxed
    Sure Andy.

feel free to keep going with your rain man routine though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s hard to justify not ranking Lebron in the top 3 at this point both statistically and from an accomplishment perspective.

The only thing you can have against him is him being a diva.
    And yet, if I'm starting a franchise with any player at 20 years old, I'm taking Duncan over Lebron. Based on that, he could be in the 4-8 range. There are several historic players I'd "fantasy draft" over Lebron.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 08-19-2019 at 03:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet, if I'm starting a franchise with any player at 20 years old, I'm taking Duncan over Lebron. Based on that, he could be in the 4-8 range. There are several historic players I'd "fantasy draft" over Lebron.
    I would too. But Lebron is the better player.

I wouldn’t choose Jordan number one because he’s not an easy guy to build around.

Duncan is probably the easiest player to build a championship team around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would too. But Lebron is the better player.

I wouldn’t choose Jordan number one because he’s not an easy guy to build around.

Duncan is probably the easiest player to build a championship team around.
    They're each better in different ways. Ultimately, how do you define better? The guy who gives you the best chance to win for 20 years would be a good place to start.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    best small forward of all time

top 5 all time

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    best small forward of all time

top 5 all time

"I started watching the NBA 5 years ago"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a ty shooter. He's 6'9" and he has no post game. His defense was never that great aside from the chase-down blocks. He had to go to a super team to ring. He had to steal directly from the compe ion to go back to back. He frankly could be at zero rings if not for some breaks going his way.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    He's a ty shooter. He's 6'9" and he has no post game. His defense was never that great aside from the chase-down blocks. He had to go to a super team to ring. He had to steal directly from the compe ion to go back to back. He frankly could be at zero rings if not for some breaks going his way.
    Is it your personal goal to post at least 25 re ed posts per day?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it your personal goal to post at least 25 re ed posts per day?
    I don't like him but he is right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn not even a top 20 player
    Like who is number 20? Robinson? Ok I will make my case off the top of my head.

Robinson has more than double the amount of blocks than Lebron James has. He also has double the rebounds Lebron has. Robinson also turned the ball over nearly half the amount of times as Lebron has as well. So Lebron rebounds less, defends less, and turns the ball over more. Lebron has him in scoring however Robinson was an even better freak of athlete than Lebron. He was faster than guards and could out jump anybody and I believe in this pace and space era today, he would be a better Greek Freak. 35 points a game, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks. Who is going to stop him in this era?

Everybody says how impressive it was for Lebron to lead his teams to the finals in 2007 and 2017 bc he had NO HELP. Booby Gibson was his starting point guard! Well Robinson had avery johnson and cokehead Willie Anderson or Vinny Del Negro as his backcourt. Gibson and AJ are comparable in my book. And Vinny is just as bad as any of Lebrons other teammates. HOWEVER what isn't comparable is the difference in talent they had to go through in order to reach the Finals. Can anybody name a hall of famer on that Pistons team? Or that Boston Celtics team? The best player on either team fails to even compare to the talent Robinson had to contend with all without having another hall of famer himself while in his prime.

Lastly was ownership. The Cavs and Heat were willing to spend money and go into the Luxury Tax for their superstar while Robinson's Spurs weren't even willing to pay Rod Strickland. they hired a coach solely bc he was literally the cheapest person available. They could've traded for Charles Barkley but refused to bc they didn't want to spend any money for him. It was embarrassing how bad that front office was in the 90s. They were just as bad as the Clippers, but the only difference was that they had a generational talent covering every mistake they made.

Plus Robinson would've been able to post up 5 foot 8 JJ Barrea

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    David Robinson never won anything. He also got abused by Hakeem the year he won MVP.

Lebron James can carry any trash, garbage roster to the playoffs or the finals as he shown numerous times throughout his career.

No hall of famers on the Pistons or Celtics team? Are you ing dumb or have you never watch basketball in the 2000s?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Ask any GM who would they pick, Lebron James or David Robinson. Everyone would pick Lebron, including you, Kobe'sAchilles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're each better in different ways. Ultimately, how do you define better? The guy who gives you the best chance to win for 20 years would be a good place to start.
    It’s hard to say. Some players just dominate in ways where they are unstoppable. While Duncan, in his prime, was underatedly dominant, that prime wasn’t as long as Jordan’s or Lebron’s. Nor was it as high.

But Duncan’s so easy to build around because he’s so ridiculously smart and free of ego.

Tough question. Really. I can’t think of an easier player to build around than duncan. But I’d still saying Jordan, Lebron and Kareem were better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s hard to say. Some players just dominate in ways where they are unstoppable. While Duncan, in his prime, was underatedly dominant, that prime wasn’t as long as Jordan’s or Lebron’s. Nor was it as high.

But Duncan’s so easy to build around because he’s so ridiculously smart and free of ego.

Tough question. Really. I can’t think of an easier player to build around than duncan. But I’d still saying Jordan, Lebron and Kareem were better.
    I would say Tim's prime matches if not exceeds Lebron's.

'02-03 Duncan is one of the greatest seasons ever. It's clear cut. What was Lebron's best season? It's not as clear, but I would have to go with 2012 because he won MVP, a ring, and FMVP (as Duncan did in '03). But honestly, I'd rather have '03 Duncan than '12 James. They both help their teams win in a mul ude of ways, but Tim is more of a defensive anchor in addition to making the offense run.

Thread Information