Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting vid by Kyle Allen. I don't know his work, but he put together a very nice piece on the "next Kwahi" as Pop's last project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W6osJ_XyqI

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blah, blah, Kawhi, blah, blah, Kawhi, blah, blah, Kawhi, blah blah LW4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slurp slurp slurp kawhi slob slob slurp slurp...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spurs have very good young talents in White, Murray, Walker and Poeltl. Forbes remains a good role player, but he overachieves and could still surprise his critics. It remains to be seen what Luka, Keldon and QPon can bring. Luka is very intriguing with his handles at his size. Still Lyles could make the turn and show his comparison with Diaw. Spurs haven’t had these many young talents in the past ever. I wouldn’t be surprised if Spurs find their next big 3 or 4. I expect it would be Murray, White, Walker and Luka.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop next project better be giving Timmy the head coach/gym keys

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after 5 minutes of kawhi kawhi kawhi -

i shut it off

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    L Walker IV has serious potential; and if you watch the video, it's not a direct Kawhi comparison all the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST loves to bring up old af videos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he wanted to mold someone in Kawhi’s image, he would’ve drafted Nassir Little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop next project better be giving Timmy the head coach/gym keys
    I love him, but why?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u know how pops last project should look like?
    trade kawhi to LA (doesnt matter LAL or LAC) for young players and picks. Then trying to trade LMA for young player/picks. Then stay one last year to mentor this young kids and give him all the knowledge pop has. Not making PO but get top draft pick for this season. Then give this young ing potential roster to Timmy. 2-3 yrs after that spurs are a serious contender.

Reality:
    kawhi for ty ddr. LMA stay. Another 7-8seed. 1st round PO exit. DDR and LMA is gone for nothing. Timmy has a worse start than he could have. But guess what, Pop has another PO.
    Last edited by spurspl; 08-20-2019 at 06:28 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=spurspl;9911374]u know how pops last project should look like?
    trade kawhi to LA (doesnt matter LAL or LAC) for young players and picks. Then trying to trade LMA for young player/picks. Then stay one last year to mentor this young kids and give him all the knowledge pop has. Not making PO but get top draft pick for this season. Then give this young ing potential roster to Timmy. 2-3 yrs after that spurs are a serious contender.

Reality:
    kawhi for ty ddr. LMA stay. Another 7-8seed. 1st round PO exit. DDR and LMA is gone for nothing. Timmy has a worse start than he could have. But guess what, Pop has another PO

Man you keeping saying this dumb . That clippers made would have been worse than the Raptors trade you can have all the picks in the world but there's no guarantee they're going to turn into anything. Look how may bust the 76ers and thesis have the Suns got Devin Booker and have still been the worse team in the league.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Collins21;9911383]

Reality:
    kawhi for ty ddr. LMA stay. Another 7-8seed. 1st round PO exit. DDR and LMA is gone for nothing. Timmy has a worse start than he could have. But guess what, Pop has another PO

Man you keeping saying this dumb . That clippers made would have been worse than the Raptors trade you can have all the picks in the world but there's no guarantee they're going to turn into anything. Look how may bust the 76ers and thesis have the Suns got Devin Booker and have still been the worse team in the league.
    Would be spurs better with booker/embiid/simmons? I think that we would be
    much much better. Philly now is a contender, suns are in the process. Spurs still on the same level, hoping that murray or lonnie would become a superstar bc we have nothing else.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=spurspl;9911384]

much much better. Philly now is a contender, suns are in the process. Spurs still on the same level, hoping that murray or lonnie would become a superstar bc we have nothing else.
    If they just traded all their veterans and just had either Booker Simmons or Embiid they would not be better. Furthermore they would not have gotten any of the players with the draft picks offered in the Clippers deal. Oh and what makes you say the Suns are improving??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=spurspl;9911384]

you're officially now the new worst ST poster

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Collins21;9911399]

If they just traded all their veterans and just had either Booker Simmons or Embiid they would not be better. Furthermore they would not have gotten any of the players with the draft picks offered in the Clippers deal. Oh and what makes you say the Suns are improving??
    all players in spurs roster combined have less value than embiid + simmons. U aint start building a team from veterans but superstars or young future stars and then u add some veterans. This is basics.
    Give suns a time. They are young. I guess u also were laughing at sixers 3yrs ago and look where they are now. Everything is about the process and i really dont see this process in spurs now.

BTW theoretically what do u prefer?
    1) u miss 4 PO in a row and have two young great players for years and add some veterans
    or
    2) be an average team with some decent young players and couple veterans but be in a PO hundred times in a row but not higher than 2nd round?

[QUOTE=Em-City;9911405]

you're officially now the new worst ST poster
    thanks there is nothing better than substantive opinion, good job my friend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW theoretically what do u prefer?
    1) u miss 4 PO in a row and have two young great players for years and add some veterans
    or
    2) be an average team with some decent young players and couple veterans but be in a PO hundred times in a row but not higher than 2nd round?

It was five years in a row that Philly missed the playoffs, and with all of their hits AND misses at the top of the lottery, they have advanced exactly one round further in the playoffs than we have the last two years. That's not worth five years of misery and embarrassment, so I guess my answer is 2)

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was five years in a row that Philly missed the playoffs, and with all of their hits AND misses at the top of the lottery, they have advanced exactly one round further in the playoffs than we have the last two years. That's not worth five years of misery and embarrassment, so I guess my answer is 2)
    yes but now they have great players for years and imo they will be in ecf this year. What spurs have? old lma, ty ddr, murray from acl, lonnie and white. Nobody whose even close to embiid or simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly and Bostons phuck ups imo were not going after Kawhi. Unless Popped was determined to get DDR.
    Ainge should have definitely ditched that malcontent Kyrie Irving. Philly surely could have put together something better then DDR and the project Center.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reality:
    kawhi for ty ddr. LMA stay. Another 7-8seed. 1st round PO exit. DDR and LMA is gone for nothing. Timmy has a worse start than he could have. But guess what, Pop has another PO.
    Like 12th and 13th picks are automatic all-stars. The Clippers deal was not that great. The Lakers didn't want to trade anybody but Ingram. At some points, people have to be realistic. The vast majority of picks don't translate into an Embiid or Simons especially at 12 and 13th.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like 12th and 13th picks are automatic all-stars. The Clippers deal was not that great. The Lakers didn't want to trade anybody but Ingram. At some points, people have to be realistic. [b]The vast majority of picks don't translate into an Embiid or Simons especially at 12 and 13th[\b].
    ingram,ball,hart and a pick>>>>>ddr poetl pick. but PATFO wanted more picks.

i know and thats why u need to try to get higher picks. Plus remember that spurs have great scouting and coaching so they can draft best top available player and improve him much better than any other team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes but now they have great players for years and imo they will be in ecf this year. What spurs have? old lma, ty ddr, murray from acl, lonnie and white. Nobody whose even close to embiid or simmons.
    Simmons has no outside shots like DDR. And where was Embiid in the playoffs? They lost Butler. I doubt they reach ECF. I’d take Bucks and cancer-less Celtics in the ECF.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons has no outside shots like DDR. And where was Embiid in the playoffs? They lost Butler. I doubt they reach ECF. I’d take Bucks and cancer-less Celtics in the ECF.
    U know whats the difference between ddr and simmons in this aspect? simmons is much younger so he can easier repair his shots. DDR would probably never have outside shots. But they got horford.
    Celtics will have problems in def, kanter isnt an improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    L Walker IV has serious potential
    I've always said he could be a poor man's D-Wade. Same athleticism, less natural basketball ability. But with some coaching and experience, he can be athletic and decently skilled. As we have seen with the improvement on his jumper after his rookie year.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always said he could be a poor man's D-Wade. Same athleticism, less natural basketball ability. But with some coaching and experience, he can be athletic and decently skilled. As we have seen with the improvement on his jumper after his rookie year.
    His athleticism at 6'9ish is off the chart. I wouldn't sell him too low just yet. Though, I acknowledge he could be a bust b/c he is raw.

Thread Information