Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly took 5 years off. The draft is a crap shoot, even at the top. Philly drafted TWO All Stars...and still hasn't made an ECF. They are now eight years into their rebuild.

Fultz #1
    Okafor #3
    MCW #11
    Saric - draft and trade from ORL #12
    Noel - draft and trade from NO #6

That's a whole team of lottery 'suck' there. The Saric and Noel trades were done with assets acquired from trading Jrue Holiday, an All Star in Philly, to NO. They both sucked, left or were traded, and Philly now has NOTHING to show for Holiday, who is still just 28, a quality PG, and has made two All-D teams in NO.

Exactly. Philly gets praised for "The Process" but so far it's yielded absolutely nothing in terms of post season success. The Spurs could have rolled over and died when they lost Kawhi, but they didn't. Most franchises would have been forced to hit the reset button, but the Spurs kept on winning. Add to that, they lost all of the Big 3 in that same general timeframe, and the fact that the team is still relevant and isn't battling Phoenix for the 15th seed in the West is pretty remarkable. Not only are they continuing to succeed, but they're on the cusp of being great again...amazing if you ask me.

But, people is here will continue to bash Pop and the FO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Philly gets praised for "The Process" but so far it's yielded absolutely nothing in terms of post season success. The Spurs could have rolled over and died when they lost Kawhi, but they didn't. Most franchises would have been forced to hit the reset button, but the Spurs kept on winning. Add to that, they lost all of the Big 3 in that same general timeframe, and the fact that the team is still relevant and isn't battling Phoenix for the 15th seed in the West is pretty remarkable. Not only are they continuing to succeed, but they're on the cusp of being great again...amazing if you ask me.

Pop and R.C. have made mistakes, but the armchair GM's and coaches on this forum (mostly trolls and Kawhi knob slobbers) act they never did anything right. , even their "misses" mostly end up with solid NBA careers (minus Livio Jean - Charles & Nikola Milutinov).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and R.C. have made mistakes, but the armchair GM's and coaches on this forum (mostly trolls and Kawhi knob slobbers) act they never did anything right. , even their "misses" mostly end up with solid NBA careers (minus Livio Jean - Charles & Nikola Milutinov).
    LJC was an injury bust, but Nikola was just a victim of the changing game. I think he could have been a nice NBA center if the league hadn't gone all switchy/3pointy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best possible case: LMA and DDr return to All-Star status and Murray to All NBA/ Gay has year equal to or better than last year. White, Poertle Forbes improve over last year/

Walker plays so well he is considered for NBA awards. Lyle and Carroll surprise with contributions. Final bench (whoever they are) plays well. Pop brings back the beautiful game.

Am I asking too much"? Can our stars align in the heavens? I can hardly wait for the season to begin

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This.

I bet some people are upset that big media outlets are hyping Philly like the next big thing, but as you correctly point out, they haven't won anything yet. I would think Spurs fans, of all people, would rather have the steak than the sizzle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we haven't had such a group of young players with potential upside unless you want to look back to the building of the Big 3 and then back to earliest years of the team when Gervin and Silas were young unknowns.

So far we have seen glimpses of potential All=Star and lots of excellent prospects who have NBA rosters assured.Putting all of them on the floor for minutes with LMA and DDR is going to be a challenge for Pop, but he is a master at handling minutes. I think this team will be a playoff team by Spring.
    They once had David Robinson and Sean Elliott as rookies and Rod Strickland, Vernon Maxwell and Willie Anderson as second year players. THAT is young talent. They took the eventual WC champions to 7 games and honestly should have won that series. I like the young guys they have now, but let's get a reality check.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might have been great if we could have kept tben together. I taake your point however. Good memoy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka ROY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They once had David Robinson and Sean Elliott as rookies and Rod Strickland, Vernon Maxwell and Willie Anderson as second year players. THAT is young talent. They took the eventual WC champions to 7 games and honestly should have won that series. I like the young guys they have now, but let's get a reality check.
    Man that is like the perfect example of how bad management ruins a team. 6 coaches in 5 years. McCombs to cheap to pay Rod or Barkley. Willie turning into a cokehead didn’t help either

But the sky was the limit for that team. I often wish we would’ve gotten Chuck Daly as our coach. I feel like we would’ve won a chip with him and he wouldn’t have had to have his coaching career killed by the Nets.
    Last edited by KobesAchilles; 08-29-2019 at 08:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention Wingate, Paspaj and Grampa Jones

Thread Information