Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LW4 impressed me in last SL. He improved every area of his game. I guess he just needs to play decent minutes this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha, sounds like a narration by David Blain but speaks very well. I like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have very high hopes on our young core. To have so many young talent, and never missing the playoff was remarkable. White is so finesse. He reminds me of Kidd as a general, so much control. Murray is a freak at his size. He has very high ceiling, and so motivated to be great. Walker is very athletic. Watch out Demar. Poeltl is above average center imo because of his timing on protecting the rim. I see him as continually improving. Luka is the one that intrigues me, with his handles at his size, high bball IQ. He reminds me of Kukoc, but hopefully more athletic. Luka would be another defensive phenom, maybe a Batum. I think he’s our future 3 and D, who could lock-in on anybody. QPon is a very good backup guard, and with his poise, could challenge White in the starting position. Hopefully he’d be happy playing the sixth man. Forbes overachieves. I think we have several who could be Star, White, Murray, Walker and Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have very high hopes on our young core. To have so many young talent, and never missing the playoff was remarkable. White is so finesse. He reminds me of Kidd as a general, so much control. Murray is a freak at his size. He has very high ceiling, and so motivated to be great. Walker is very athletic. Watch out Demar. Poeltl is above average center imo because of his timing on protecting the rim. I see him as continually improving. Luka is the one that intrigues me, with his handles at his size, high bball IQ. He reminds me of Kukoc, but hopefully more athletic. Luka would be another defensive phenom, maybe a Batum. I think he’s our future 3 and D, who could lock-in on anybody. QPon is a very good backup guard, and with his poise, could challenge White in the starting position. Hopefully he’d be happy playing the sixth man. Forbes overachieves. I think we have several who could be Star, White, Murray, Walker and Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=spurspl;9911428]

BTW theoretically what do u prefer?
    1) u miss 4 PO in a row and have two young great players for years and add some veterans
    or
    2) be an average team with some decent young players and couple veterans but be in a PO hundred times in a row but not higher than 2nd round?
    Philly had to reverse course and trade for veterans in order to win a series. And they will probably have to trade Simmons, unless he learns shooting, to advance deeper.

So yes, better be constantly in the PO and hope the league decides to stop being a videogame and goes back to organized basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spurs have very good young talents in White, Murray, Walker and Poeltl. Forbes remains a good role player, but he overachieves and could still surprise his critics. It remains to be seen what Luka, Keldon and QPon can bring. Luka is very intriguing with his handles at his size. Still Lyles could make the turn and show his comparison with Diaw. Spurs haven’t had these many young talents in the past ever. I wouldn’t be surprised if Spurs find their next big 3 or 4. I expect it would be Murray, White, Walker and Luka.
    Easily the most young prospects we’ve had in my lifetime. Not everyone is gonna be an all star obviously, but with our staff I wouldn’t be surprised if 2 or 3 of White/Murray/Walker/Luka are. Poeltl/Forbes/Keldon/QW have role player ceilings imo. Maybe Keldon’s is higher but I don’t see him more than being a really good 3 and D guy. QW I see his ceiling as Eric Gordon in Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's got nothing left to prove. And to be honest, I don't want Pop to groom the next Kawhi. I'd rather have the next Manu or Tony Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's got nothing left to prove. And to be honest, I don't want Pop to groom the next Kawhi. I'd rather have the next Manu or Tony Parker.
    Timmy and Manu are once in a lifetime. I’m not hating on Parker. I love the guy and his contributions, sacrifices, but I think we can find a Parker easier than the other two. We know Timmy. But Manu? Nobody would sacrifice like he did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we haven't had such a group of young players with potential upside unless you want to look back to the building of the Big 3 and then back to earliest years of the team when Gervin and Silas were young unknowns.

So far we have seen glimpses of potential All=Star and lots of excellent prospects who have NBA rosters assured.Putting all of them on the floor for minutes with LMA and DDR is going to be a challenge for Pop, but he is a master at handling minutes. I think this team will be a playoff team by Spring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we haven't had such a group of young players with potential upside unless you want to look back to the building of the Big 3 and then back to earliest years of the team when Gervin and Silas were young unknowns.

So far we have seen glimpses of potential All=Star and lots of excellent prospects who have NBA rosters assured.Putting all of them on the floor for minutes with LMA and DDR is going to be a challenge for Pop, but he is a master at handling minutes. I think this team will be a playoff team by Spring.
    LMA and DD are a bridge until the youngsters blossom. I don't see them being here when that happens, at least not both of them. I think LMA would be welcome to stay a few more years, but it sounds like he's off to PDX when he's a FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA and DD are a bridge until the youngsters blossom. I don't see them being here when that happens, at least not both of them. I think LMA would be welcome to stay a few more years, but it sounds like he's off to PDX when he's a FA.
    I like what PATFO has done. If designed or just plain luck coming from that Turd debacle. They have assembled a young core that could really be good, a lot of potential, even an All-Star or two even 4 if we’re lucky. White, Murray, Walker, Luka, plus could be solid role players. And we didn’t miss the FO. Other teams have gone dry trying to rebuild. Dang Spurs PATFO continues to amaze me.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like what PATFO has done. If designed or just plain luck coming from that Turd debacle. They have assembled a young core that could really be good, a lot of potential, even an All-Star or two even 4 if we’re lucky. White, Murray, Walker, Luka, plus could be solid role players. And we didn’t miss the FO. Other teams have gone dry trying to rebuild. Dang Spurs PATFO continues to amaze me.
    XD we’re lucky if one of them will become an all-star. U really overvalue them. Yes, they have above average
    potential but there are lots of better young players in the league.
    Last edited by spurspl; 08-21-2019 at 02:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's hilarious how often Philly is used as an example of success... I can only image the level of virulence and bitterness that would erupt at Spurstalk if the Spurs missed the playoffs five years in a row!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    XD we’re lucky if one of them will become an all-star. U really overvalue them. Yes, they have above average
    potential but there are lots of better young players in the league.
    Those young players in the playoffs?? I’m just saying. After what Spurs went through with nephew who tried to sabotage Spurs future, and still got so many young talents, with a solid transition plan, and not missing a beat? I’d give Dubs 2-3 years and it would be back to mediocrity. Lakers still couldn’t make the playoff, and one injury away from epic catastrophe

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's hilarious how often Philly is used as an example of success... I can only image the level of virulence and bitterness that would erupt at Spurstalk if the Spurs missed the playoffs five years in a row!
    2-3 yrs off the PO would be enough to draft and develop an all star by spurs.
    1yr off if we get lucky and get top3 pick.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those young players in the playoffs?? I’m just saying. After what Spurs went through with nephew who tried to sabotage Spurs future, and still got so many young talents, with a solid transition plan, and not missing a beat? I’d give Dubs 2-3 years and it would be back to mediocrity. Lakers still couldn’t make the playoff, and one injury away from epic catastrophe
    but they wont be afraid to sacrifice 2yrs, draft some good players from the top of the draft and be back again stronger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but they wont be afraid to sacrifice 2yrs, draft some good players from the top of the draft and be back again stronger.
    I’d rather have 21 years straight playoffs with 5 rings, and still has good young cores who didn’t have to be drafted high.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather have 21 years straight playoffs with 5 rings, and still has good young cores who didn’t have to be drafted high.
    Those 5rings are only bc spurs drafted high and made a great trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we've finally become 'young core' posters
    the cycle is now complete

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=monty4329;9912083]

Philly had to reverse course and trade for veterans in order to win a series. And they will probably have to trade Simmons, unless he learns shooting, to advance deeper.

So yes, better be constantly in the PO and hope the league decides to stop being a videogame and goes back to organized basketball.
    Pretty much this. Nothing is guaranteed in the NBA, not even for the various "flavor of the month/future dominant" teams like Philadelphia and Boston. Both more or less changed course on their "process" because of either not "taking the next step" quick enough or veterans bailing on them.

The Spurs are attempting the impossible, building for the future (w/o lottery picks) and maintaining a compe ive on the court product. If one or two of the young players can break out (which isn't a sure thing) then the team would be right back in the mix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy and Manu are once in a lifetime. I’m not hating on Parker. I love the guy and his contributions, sacrifices, but I think we can find a Parker easier than the other two. We know Timmy. But Manu? Nobody would sacrifice like he did.
    Sure, because guards with all - world speed, almost unshakable determination, relentlessness and an elite ability to finish in the paint just fall from the sky every draft....

Don't sell any of the big three short, man. They are all going to the HOF for their own reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, because guards with all - world speed, almost unshakable determination, relentlessness and an elite ability to finish in the paint just fall from the sky every draft....

Don't sell any of the big three short, man. They are all going to the HOF for their own reasons.
    Again no disrespect. That could’ve been a Jason Kidd and would be the same boat. But what imo what put the selfless Spurs culture were Timmy and Manu. Again no disrespect to Tony. He was spectacular and made sacrifices. But come on, Manu coming from the bench? Would Tony’s ego allow that?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just missing the playoffs, they were a laughingstock. Plenty of fans think there's a huge difference between 44-38 and missing the playoffs by a few games, and 17-65 where a lot of games are over by the 2nd or 3rd quarter.

Their fans cheered their asses off for Boban when the Sixers were down 40.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2-3 yrs off the PO would be enough to draft and develop an all star by spurs.
    1yr off if we get lucky and get top3 pick.
    Philly took 5 years off. The draft is a crap shoot, even at the top. Philly drafted TWO All Stars...and still hasn't made an ECF. They are now eight years into their rebuild.

Fultz #1
    Okafor #3
    MCW #11
    Saric - draft and trade from ORL #12
    Noel - draft and trade from NO #6

That's a whole team of lottery 'suck' there. The Saric and Noel trades were done with assets acquired from trading Jrue Holiday, an All Star in Philly, to NO. They both sucked, left or were traded, and Philly now has NOTHING to show for Holiday, who is still just 28, a quality PG, and has made two All-D teams in NO.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly took 5 years off. The draft is a crap shoot, even at the top. Philly drafted TWO All Stars...and still hasn't made an ECF. They are now eight years into their rebuild.

Fultz #1
    Okafor #3
    MCW #11
    Saric - draft and trade from ORL #12
    Noel - draft and trade from NO #6

That's a whole team of lottery 'suck' there. The Saric and Noel trades were done with assets acquired from trading Jrue Holiday, an All Star in Philly, to NO. They both sucked, left or were traded, and Philly now has NOTHING to show for Holiday, who is still just 28, a quality PG, and has made two All-D teams in NO.
    no, its not a crap until u know who is the right choice. Spurs are better in drafting than philly and all of these guys would become a much better player under spurss coaches and culture (except fultz bc his issue is hard to fix).
    BTW how do u see spurs getting an all star player for years? by FAs? no way unless we become an almost contender, via trade? have no asset, by drafting players with late picks and develop them? yeah maybe but the later pick, the lower chances of getting better prospect.

Thread Information