My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Happened to see this video in my recommended page. To share with everyone

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Early days Timmy really had a quick first step tbh.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, that #23 must have been a scrub, he fired up brick after brick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The passing of the torch from Jordan to Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Is real basketball. I miss these days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hole Rodman with the Zaza lite cheapshot on Robinson.

Rodmans rebounds no where near as impressive as Timmys.
    If Duncan was in a statpad do-nothing-else-but rebound role he could average 30.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    double overtime, 87-83

miss those days, and miss timmy/dave using their hands to rebound

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still remember it like yesterday. I know it was only the 3rd game of the season, but after that game, I knew Tim was a real deal superstar, not just that he was going to be really good. Let’s not forget the worry after his lousy summer league play getting schooled by Ostertag.

I dont know what was more impressive, finding out years later that the team told him only to work only his weaknesses during the games, or the fact that team Duncan actually did it even if he looked bad in the process.

On a side note, of course MJ gets away with a blatant hacking arm grab of Drob with no call.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dayum, even Rodman got called for fouls that Donkey never gets called for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    double overtime, 87-83

miss those days, and miss timmy/dave using their hands to rebound
    I do miss the early 2000's when games were tight and every basket meant something. When 3's were big turning points. When battles were won on the boards. Now its like, who can get the biggest or most runs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I forgot how much our backcourt sucked back then (more like tried my best not to remember ). Man I don’t know if there’s an all time great treated worse than David Robinson. Like how do you justify having Vinny and Avery as your backcourt? I’m glad we got RC and Pop to run things now. People forget pre-Tony Parker we were probably the slowest and worst run team from the guard position. Makes me respect DRob even more tbh for staying. Lord knows he could’ve left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I forgot how much our backcourt sucked back then (more like tried my best not to remember ). Man I don’t know if there’s an all time great treated worse than David Robinson. Like how do you justify having Vinny and Avery as your backcourt? I’m glad we got RC and Pop to run things now. People forget pre-Tony Parker we were probably the slowest and worst run team from the guard position. Makes me respect DRob even more tbh for staying. Lord knows he could’ve left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True Bigs battling it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all those missed shots by del negro
    all those wide open 18 footers Johnson wouldn’t even take
    What a backcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still remember it like yesterday. I know it was only the 3rd game of the season, but after that game, I knew Tim was a real deal superstar, not just that he was going to be really good. Let’s not forget the worry after his lousy summer league play getting schooled by Ostertag.

I dont know what was more impressive, finding out years later that the team told him only to work only his weaknesses during the games, or the fact that team Duncan actually did it even if he looked bad in the process.

On a side note, of course MJ gets away with a blatant hacking arm grab of Drob with no call.
    He didn't ing get schooled by Ostertag. Stop with this bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan was so quick at that age. Quicker than Rodman. Such a punk.

After Duncan-Robinson-Sean, that team dropped off in talent badly. Vinny Del Negro, man.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA needs to open up the vault so we can see more games like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan with young knees, so long ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video doesn't work for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So true. David carried mediocre teams for a long time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sick of hearing that. I wanted to say something but I let it go. People keep mentioned him getting schooled by Ostertag like there were there or watched it live. I'd assume most of the people mentioning it have seen zero footage of it and/or they probably weren't there live.

I also kept telling people Duncan was a lot faster when he was younger and could jump much higher. People always seem to say some like "he never was athletic or fast". He had elite lateral quickness back then. He was a beast.

Also, thanks to the OP for putting up the video. I loved it. That is the type of Basketball I grew up with when I was a kid. ing loved it. I didn't have access to watch these games as I am not in the US, but I still remember this game. I thought darn, this is only TD's second or 3rd NBA game against an elite team and defender, and I remember saying to myself after it - he's the real deal. I had no doubts about how great he'd be after just his first few NBA games. He was that good straight away.
    Last edited by Ice009; 08-26-2019 at 08:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sick of hearing that. I wanted to say something but I let it go. People keep mentioned him getting schooled by Ostertag like there were there or watched it live. I'd assume most of the people mentioning it have seen zero footage of it and/or they probably weren't there live.

I also kept telling people Duncan was a lot faster when he was younger and could jump much higher. People always seem to say some like "he never was athletic or fast". He had elite lateral quickness back then. He was a beast.

Also, thanks to the OP for putting up the video. I loved it. That is the type of Basketball I grew up with when I was a kid. ing loved it. I didn't have access to watch these games as I am not in the US, but I still remember this game. I thought darn, this is only TD's second or 3rd NBA game against an elite team and defender, and I remember saying to myself after it - he's the real deal. I had no doubts about how great he'd be after just his first few NBA games. He was that good straight away.
    Hey man if I’m wrong, I’m wrong. But I remember reading and hearing reports that Duncan looked somewhat disappointing (as the number one overall pick) and that Ostertag gave him the business. We didn’t have access to every article like we do now. Sometimes all you got were the headlines. Instagram wasn’t around with video clips to debunk the stories, so all you could go off of were the rumblings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember seeing his first NBA game. It was a preseason game against the Nuggets iirc. The way he was playing, you wouldn’t think he was going to end up being the player he turned out to be. That being said, he did look like a solid if unspectacular player that gives you double-doubles and good D. Of course, I saw this game many years after his legend he already been established.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey man if I’m wrong, I’m wrong. But I remember reading and hearing reports that Duncan looked somewhat disappointing (as the number one overall pick) and that Ostertag gave him the business. We didn’t have access to every article like we do now. Sometimes all you got were the headlines. Instagram wasn’t around with video clips to debunk the stories, so all you could go off of were the rumblings.
    I heard that Ostertag blocked Tim's shot once. For someone like Greg Ostertag, I guess that cons utes "giving him the business"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch the Spurs back in the 90s as I was a fan of the Riley Heat. But wow, TD having 20+ rebounds in his early days against the unstoppabulls is pretty sweet. Also, I don't remember seeing him this spry. Most of my memories of watching the Spurs are from post 2000/2001, whenever he had that meniscus injury. He became slower after that I guess, because I never saw him do freakishly athletic things, just solid footwork and the occasional dunk in transition. Mostly I remember bank shots and that sweeping push shot through the lane to draw fouls. And the 3 to beat Phoenix, of course

Thread Information