Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Not to hijack but what's with this gang up on 'New Hope'. For the record 'Empire Strikes Back' has always been my jam but the original is more than able to be a stand alone classic and probably would be even more idolized if this were the case.

I would need to rewatch Matrix but I tend to remember this also being the case here. It's just that the sequel had greater action/picture and the 3rd film exploded the scope of the story. But imagine if these future films were never released. Just because certain aspects were improved upon doesn't take away from the overall greatness of the originals which still remain the all around best, in their genre.

Lasty: both films were also transcendent because of the timing of their subject matter - Star Wars a decade after the first launch into Space and Matrix on the heels of the world wide web/A.I.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 09-16-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did not expect this to be on HBO Max. I will watch tonight and report back

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Trash can water.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The movie is...yikes.

The first 20 minutes were very painful and full body cringe must be activated to survive. If you make it past the awful opening sequence then the movie kinds of settles down and nostalgia carries it a liitle bit. Matrix 4 makes Matrix 3 very appealing in constrast.

I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone. Looks like they are planning a 5th installment too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven't watched this yet, but I will, even if it sucks (not surprising). No money will be lost.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The wachowsky brothers ability to con Hollywood at least one more time makes me question what good stories we're not getting, especially now that it's obvious they stole the matrix in the first place

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LMAO I watched this ing ty ass Matrix last night and it was pure garbage. Those trannies suck at making movies now. The gfx alone were weak af! The story line with the "nice" machines is so ing dumb. What a ty ass movie and a waste of time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The wachowsky brothers ability to con Hollywood at least one more time makes me question what good stories we're not getting, especially now that it's obvious they stole the matrix in the first place
    They also stole their mother's clothes and makeup.
    Last edited by koriwhat; 12-24-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LMAO I watched this ing ty ass Matrix last night and it was pure garbage. Those trannies suck at making movies now. The gfx alone were weak af! The story line with the "nice" machines is so ing dumb. What a ty ass movie and a waste of time.
    Why are you so angry about a ty movie?

To warrant 2 posts back to back. Go see a therapist.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Just because you and the other weak s here continuously claim that I am "angry" doesn't make it true. The movie sucked ass so is everyone else here with the same opinion "angry" too? It's a ing review you dumb tranny re . You're just upset because you wear your mother's clothes and makeup too.

Do me a favor and off bro. Seriously, I don't care to hear from the likes of you and the other weak males here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

It does not take much to set him off and get him to post that he dgaf about people say.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I saw the movie and felt the storyline was terrible. The part about the machines resurrecting Neo and Trinity from the dead didn't make any sense to me. It doesn't seem like it would be in the machines best interest to bring back Neo after he nearly brought down the previous Matrix. Neo creating a new AI Morpheus through coding in the Matrix was pretty cheesy. The new Morpheus doesn't have the same aura as the original Morpheus. Neo no longer being able to successfully fly and jump from buildings even though he knows the Matrix isn't real was pretty dumb since in the previous movies he was able to do it easily. The ending in which Trinity becomes the one and Neo is no longer the one was a play towards modern day feminism.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The ending in which Trinity becomes the one and Neo is no longer the one was a play towards modern day feminism.
    I think they're both the one? Suddenly Neo could fly as well? lol

I think what they are wanting to do is pass the torch to Carrie Ann Moss so she can cheese out more movies because Keanu is not doing any more of these.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched the trilogy in anticipation of this, and they were just as bad as I remember. Reloaded tried to make the franchise a little more cerebral than the first, but it made zero sense. The whole conversation with the Architect played out like it was super important, but turned into a nothing burger. The Oracle basically shrugged off what he said in the next movie and we proceeded with CGI action fatigue. And not a single character in Zion do we care about. The machines could've won and it wouldn't have altered the emotional impact in the slightest.

I'm not expecting anything from Matrix 4. I'm sure it sucks also.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    The entire movie was just a meta commentary on how unnecessary and stupid making a fourth Matrix movie is. It wasn’t even a little bit subtle about it. I mean, it was still a terrible film, but it’s pretty much on purpose. It’s an anti-Matrix movie. Lana Wachowski knew Warner Bros was going to make a fourth film without their involvement, so she secured a big bag of money from Warner Bros and delivered a giant middle finger of a movie to them. Again, the movie sucks big time, but I do love that one aspect of it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    I couldn’t even finish this . Shame that Keanu’s name is gonna be attached to this garbage

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I couldn’t even finish this . Shame that Keanu’s name is gonna be attached to this garbage
    Wait...you think Keanu is a good actor????

Dude is a in bump on a log who benefitted from great scripts in his latter career. There is almost no difference between Keanu Reeves and Val Kilmer except that Reeves had better luck with health that gave him the longevity to get the scripts that saved his career. Can't name 1 movie where Keanu is actually a "good" actor.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Wait...you think Keanu is a good actor????

Dude is a in bump on a log who benefitted from great scripts in his latter career. There is almost no difference between Keanu Reeves and Val Kilmer except that Reeves had better luck with health that gave him the longevity to get the scripts that saved his career. Can't name 1 movie where Keanu is actually a "good" actor.
    Obviously he isn’t a good actor in the traditional sense. But, in the right roles he is pretty perfect. And I do just like Keanu overall as a person and have enjoyed that’s her been able to have a late career revitalization.

the reality is that there are only a few truly good actors/actresses at any given time. So I try to enjoy actors for what they can bring to the table and roles they can excel in

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Obviously he isn’t a good actor in the traditional sense. But, in the right roles he is pretty perfect. And I do just like Keanu overall as a person and have enjoyed that’s her been able to have a late career revitalization.

the reality is that there are only a few truly good actors/actresses at any given time. So I try to enjoy actors for what they can bring to the table and roles they can excel in
    Correct. He saw the script and accepted the gig. His name is 100% attached to this movie and he wanted it to be. Fairly obvious that the Matrix saved his career and put him on the path to an action star on par with the Rock so far as drawing power goes. He basically owed this movie to the IP.

Don't feel bad for Keanu. He doesn't feel bad about it. Just an off-hand stinker he was bound to have eventually.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Action movies dont require you to be a good actor. Just look at the Avengers movie. Half the cast is .

As long as Keanu does movies where he's breaking faces and putting bullets in people, he's great. Dont need much more than that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    This really isn’t an action movie, because the action is purposefully bad, and it’s meant to mock all the fanboys screaming for “Gun. Lots of guns.”

But you still could have found a way to make it visually interesting and not look like a cheap episode of Agents Of Shield

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The entire movie was just a meta commentary on how unnecessary and stupid making a fourth Matrix movie is. It wasn’t even a little bit subtle about it. I mean, it was still a terrible film, but it’s pretty much on purpose. It’s an anti-Matrix movie. Lana Wachowski knew Warner Bros was going to make a fourth film without their involvement, so she secured a big bag of money from Warner Bros and delivered a giant middle finger of a movie to them. Again, the movie sucks big time, but I do love that one aspect of it.
    Yeah that whole conversation with the Smith character at the beginning... "Warner Brothers is going to make another Matrix game with or without us, so we might as well cash in." They didn't even bother trying to change names or hide anything. At the same time though it's hard to believe that Lana Wachowski intentionally made this as bad as it was, considering the other movies are pretty damn ty also.

But yeah, Matrix 4 is like a modern day Plan 9. It's just ridiculously bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Yeah that whole conversation with the Smith character at the beginning... "Warner Brothers is going to make another Matrix game with or without us, so we might as well cash in." They didn't even bother trying to change names or hide anything. At the same time though it's hard to believe that Lana Wachowski intentionally made this as bad as it was, considering the other movies are pretty damn ty also.

But yeah, Matrix 4 is like a modern day Plan 9. It's just ridiculously bad.
    On the one hand, I applaud Lana Wachowski for taking back The Matrix from all the idiotic manbabies who co-opted it and misinterpreted it for 20 years now, but at the end of the day she still made a crappy movie here, so it kind of ruins the point

I feel pretty certain that the lifeless action sequences were purposeful, it feels like a “yada yada here’s some kung fu, neckbeards” because she wants to tell everyone the Matrix was never an action franchise, but rather a love story about Neo and Trinity. It doesn’t help that the love story also sucks, and that Keanu & Carrie-Anne Moss have zero chemistry or spark on screen together.
    Last edited by Thanos; 12-28-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    one only worked on the film. it wasn't both.

Thread Information