San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None that come to mind.
    Wow dmc lives in a political Utopia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow dmc lives in a political Utopia.
    No. I feel like much of my cir stances are my own doing, good or bad. The laws that exist around me might create some undesirable boundaries, but they don't move the needle relative to my own actions or lack thereof.

So it's about two basic things:

1. Does it affect me?
    2. Can I do anything about it if I tried?

I don't worry much about things I cannot do anything about. Comments or acts in protest might make me feel better, but they don't change the landscape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow there are literally no laws for dmc to complain about because there are none that meet his basic criteria for complaining.

No wonder he prefers to spend much more time here discussing posters rather than topics.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wow there are literally no laws for dmc to complain about because there are none that meet his basic criteria for complaining.

No wonder he prefers to spend much more time here discussing posters rather than topics.
    WHY WOULD ANYONE TALK ABOUT POLITICS IN A POLITICAL FORUM?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't about ing. I only comment about toothless ing. If someone has a legit beef and they are doing something about it, I might disagree with them but at least I know they are moving toward their goal and they mean it.
    THE GODS HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES
    -- ancient motto of avuncular peevishness

It's hard to me to see how you don't end up in the very same ditch as those you scold: ing without any evident means of solving the problem besides exhortation.

Assuming the point of complaining on message boards is to solve problems or change minds excludes a lot of things.

To wit, proposing accurate and complete descriptions of the problems is useful for understanding, period; that striving and contending with others hones one's own POV and helps one understand the dimensions of resistance to that POV; and that toward these ends a healthy ration of ibellyaching, idle chit-chat and spitballing might be conducive -- as well enjoyable and/or relieving as such.

I doubt it matters whether toothless ing solves the problems it proposes or does not, it clearly annoys you that that's what people do on message boards. IMO that's more your ideosyncrasy than any failing of others. In an area as intractable to individual solutions as public policy, a large amount of what seems like pointless complaining is entirely to be expected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THE GODS HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES
    -- ancient motto of avuncular peevishness

It's hard to me to see how you don't end up in the very same ditch as those you scold: ing without any evident means of solving the problem besides exhortation.
    Except you're reading what I write. Those you are ing about couldn't care less about you, will never read what you write. So if I am ing about you, it's getting to you. Your ing is going nowhere.
    Assuming the point of complaining on message boards is to solve problems or change minds excludes a lot of things.
    I said already, just set the tone early that you aren't interested in solving the issue, only in venting your spleen on the forum. That will allow anyone else reading the space they need to disregard it instead of responding with something they feel could be helpful. Remember, it's not about the nail.
    To wit, proposing accurate and complete descriptions of the problems is useful for understanding, period; that striving and contending with others hones one's own POV and helps one understand the dimensions of resistance to that POV; and that toward these ends a healthy ration of ibellyaching, idle chit-chat and spitballing might be conducive -- as well enjoyable and/or relieving as such.
    It's not about the nail.
    I doubt it matters whether toothless ing solves the problems it proposes or does not, it clearly annoys you that that's what people do on message boards. IMO that's more your ideosyncrasy than any failing of others. In an area as intractable to individual solutions as public policy, a large amount of what seems like pointless complaining is entirely to be expected
    Of course it's to be expected. What are you trying to explain anyhow? Say something I don't already know but use fewer words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "drunk"

A 12 pack lasts me 3 months

More projecting from the "en y".
    You should by six packs. Or singles. Beer isn’t particularly shelf stable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should by six packs. Or singles. Beer isn’t particularly shelf stable
    I put lime in it anyhow, it all tastes like piss otherwise (except Stout)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except you're reading what I write. Those you are ing about couldn't care less about you, will never read what you write. So if I am ing about you, it's getting to you. Your ing is going nowhere.

I said already, just set the tone early that you aren't interested in solving the issue, only in venting your spleen on the forum. That will allow anyone else reading the space they need to disregard it instead of responding with something they feel could be helpful. Remember, it's not about the nail.

It's not about the nail.

Of course it's to be expected. What are you trying to explain anyhow? Say something I don't already know but use fewer words.
    Use fewer words?

I thought you asked for clinical discussion and why posting here matters to me

Seems that doesn't really interest you.

No matter, it may interest others, or not. Seemed worth a try, that you were unwilling to engage reflects more on you than me. You ignored most of what I said.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 08-26-2019 at 02:21 AM.

Thread Information