Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chump trying to make this a matter of what I'll sanction, cos he doesn't want to stand by his tactics.

derp folds

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chump stands down.

Par.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chump stands down.

Par.
    now you're copying my words because you already folded.

Damn derp -- what are you even talking about now?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now you're copying my words because you already folded.

Damn derp -- what are you even talking about now?
    Troglodyte Chump Mode activated.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Troglodyte Chump Mode activated.
    derp steals yet another poster's words

derp folds

Good talk.

Stay down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First you complain about my lack of opinion on the subject and then you say its not subject to an opinion
    It probably doesn't matter what you say, mere discussion irks DMC. Real men do stuff, prissy epigones discuss.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It probably doesn't matter what you say, mere discussion irks DMC. Real men do stuff, prissy epigones discuss.
    So, DMC bullies you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, DMC bullies you?
    Naw, he's just grumpy. Kinda like you.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naw, he's just grumpy. Kinda like you.
    So, you're mad that he doesn't properly discuss matters with you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you're mad that he doesn't properly discuss matters with you?
    Nope. Not feeling deprived or disappointed at all.

It hardly matters to me whether DMC responds to me or not, but I do find it amusing he spends so much time talking online about how other posters are ridiculous for talking about stuff online.

Old folks grumping on bulletin boards about how it's silly to post stuff online is one of the most hackneyed bulletin board tropes

It's boring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "discuss"

You don't discuss, you . What have you changed your mind about in the past 11 years you've been posting on this forum, due to something you read? Everyone has a "my opinion" flyer to hand out while also having a "no soliciting" sign on their forehead. Echo chamber posting isn't a discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Not feeling deprived or disappointed at all.

It hardly matters to me whether DMC responds to me or not, but I do find it amusing he spends so much time talking online about how other posters are ridiculous for talking about stuff online.

Old folks grumping on bulletin boards about how it's silly to post stuff online is one of the most hackneyed bulletin board tropes

It's boring.
    I don't think it's wrong to talk about stuff online. I think it's stupid to about you don't plan on doing anything about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First you complain about my lack of opinion on the subject and then you say its not subject to an opinion
    No, I said you never said it was an opinion, you left yourself an escape hatch to go many different ways if called on it. Not surprising then that you about my method instead of addressing the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I said you never said it was an opinion, you left yourself an escape hatch to go many different ways if called on it. Not surprising then that you about my method instead of addressing the point.
    i did. i said it was both my opinion and something found in the cons ution. you're floundering.

maybe have some coffee, take a cold shower.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i did. i said it was both my opinion and something found in the cons ution. you're floundering.

maybe have some coffee, take a cold shower.
    You only said that after I called you out for hedging. Don't try to deny it.

Besides, your opinion being in the cons ution is a big deal. You should be proud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "discuss"

You don't discuss, you . What have you changed your mind about in the past 11 years you've been posting on this forum, due to something you read?
    ing and discussion aren't mutually exclusive and if, for you, the possibility of changing one's mind is the distinguishing feature of discussion, others take whatever they may from it. I've learned a good bit from other posters and another good bit replying to them. I get something out of it. I think thrashing things out on a message board is a useful way to figure out what one thinks, what others think, and whether any of it is worth hanging onto. YMMV.

Ome of the main things I've learned from the long habit of posting here is that disagreement and petty spite -- amusing though they may be -- are a bore. It's far more interesting to coax and tend agreement. I try to do that as much as I can.

To answer your question, I doubt I could put my finger on a single post or thread that changed my mind, but during my time here my views about myself and other posters have changed a lot. Eleven years ago I voted for Ron Paul, considered myself libertarian and temperamentally a man somewhat to the right. That description wouldn't be accurate today. I'm less doctrinaire in general, less conservative, and less convinced than ever that my own opinion is right just because I hold it. Frequent posting and interaction here have changed my mind and my at ude over time, no doubt about it.

Everyone has a "my opinion" flyer to hand out while also having a "no soliciting" sign on their forehead. Echo chamber posting isn't a discussion.
    People chat here plenty, but don't sprain your wrist patting yourself on the back for ing about all the ing.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 08-25-2019 at 01:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's wrong to talk about stuff online. I think it's stupid to about you don't plan on doing anything about.
    Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Complaining is akin to saying "I want things to be that way instead of this way". If you don't take action to get what you want, you're hoping someone else will. That's you admitting action matters, but your lack of action for your own cause means you're too stupid to connect the dots. I could say "lazy" but that would mean your level of concern about the thing you're ing about isn't high enough to move you. Maybe, at the onset, set the tone by explaining that you aren't personally concerned enough to change anything you do. Then you'd be addressing it from a clinical POV as a remote viewer and a dialogue could be established.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Complaining is akin to saying "I want things to be that way instead of this way". If you don't take action to get what you want, you're hoping someone else will. That's you admitting action matters, but your lack of action for your own cause means you're too stupid to connect the dots. I could say "lazy" but that would mean your level of concern about the thing you're ing about isn't high enough to move you. Maybe, at the onset, set the tone by explaining that you aren't personally concerned enough to change anything you do. Then you'd b addressed it from a clinical POV, remote viewer and a dialogue could be established.
    K, what does dmc do when he wants laws or public policy to be a certain way instead of the way they are?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing and discussion aren't mutually exclusive and if, for you, the possibility of changing one's mind is the distinguishing feature of discussion, others take whatever they may from it. I've learned a good bit from other posters and another good bit replying to them. I get something out of it. I think thrashing things out on a message board is a useful way to figure out what one thinks, what others think, and whether any of it is worth hanging onto. YMMV.

Ome of the main things I've learned from the long habit of posting here is that disagreement and petty spite -- amusing though they may be -- are a bore. It's far more interesting to coax and tend agreement. I try to do that as much as I can.

To answer your question, I doubt I could put my finger on a single post or thread that changed my mind, but during my time here my views about myself and other posters have changed a lot. Eleven years ago I voted for Ron Paul, considered myself libertarian and temperamentally a man somewhat to the right. That description wouldn't be accurate today. I'm less doctrinaire in general, less conservative, and less convinced than ever that my own opinion is right just because I hold it. Frequent posting and interaction here have changed my mind and my at ude over time, no doubt about it.

People chat here plenty, but don't sprain your wrist patting yourself on the back for ing about all the ing.
    It's not uncommon to shift your political world view over the span of 13 years. Since you cannot find anything that actually changed your mind, I'd say your evolution was more about your personal life experiences and observations than anything that happens here, but it's your viewpoint.

I don't about ing. I only comment about toothless ing. If someone has a legit beef and they are doing something about it, I might disagree with them but at least I know they are moving toward their goal and they mean it. Otherwise, we all know each others political leanings. We won't change it. We know who's going to cheer and who's going to boo for which party with a few stragglers thrown in for the sake of neutrality and pragmatism. Is it really a surprise to you how folks here respond?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K, what does dmc do when he wants laws or public policy to be a certain way instead of the way they are?
    Be more specific. What policy have I complained about that you think I would like to see changed, and I will tell you what I have done about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be more specific. What policy have I complained about that you think I would like to see changed, and I will tell you what I have done about it.
    I don't know. Do you not have any complaints about any laws?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The filibuster begins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. Do you not have any complaints about any laws?
    None that come to mind.

Thread Information