Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've been watching this show. Season 2 is out and it's pretty good. I like that it doesn't get all goo goo eyed over the gory , but the dynamic between the two detectives is palpable. They'd make a great X Files couple minus the ing they'd do to each other since new shows have to have a few gay scenes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've been watching this show. Season 2 is out and it's pretty good. I like that it doesn't get all goo goo eyed over the gory , but the dynamic between the two detectives is palpable. They'd make a great X Files couple minus the ing they'd do to each other since new shows have to have a few gay scenes.
    Yeah...I like it. I think I liked Season 1 better but still great. Different than most other shows. And the actors that play the various killers are all excellent.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    IDK

Season 2 seemed kinda all over the place to me. It went from an interview-heavy psych study show to a more generic 'solve the mystery catch the killer' type show. Plus throw in the seemingly unnecessary lesbo stuff, and the occasional intro scene of the cross dressing asphyxiation guy that really was a tangential as it gets.

I feel like the ending to season 2 was pretty anticlimactic as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    IDK

Season 2 seemed kinda all over the place to me. It went from an interview-heavy psych study show to a more generic 'solve the mystery catch the killer' type show. Plus throw in the seemingly unnecessary lesbo stuff, and the occasional intro scene of the cross dressing asphyxiation guy that really was a tangential as it gets.

I feel like the ending to season 2 was pretty anticlimactic as well.
    I FFWD through the lesbo stuff, nothing there I needed to see. It's expected now for NF to have at least one gratuitous gay story line in almost every show, despite the genre.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Most of the way through season 1. Enjoying it so far.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Done with both seasons - good show -

Guess they are saving the panty hose cross dresser perv for season 3

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It’s a terrific show. Finished season 2 yesterday. But it really seems like they didn’t know what to do with dr carr this season

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

That’s BTK who they’ve been talking about already. But he doesn’t get busted till 2000s

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That’s BTK who they’ve been talking about already. But he doesn’t get busted till 2000s
    yeah

guess they will go chronologically - as the atlanta murders were in the late 70's...

I also enjoyed the Manson interview - as Manson ed with the detective - due to the detective being sensitive due to his son -

and also because I had just watched that tarantino flick -

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The diversity of the interviews made season 1 so interesting imo, I found myself wanting more of that in season 2 over the catch the killer storyline

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    yeah

guess they will go chronologically - as the atlanta murders were in the late 70's...

I also enjoyed the Manson interview - as Manson ed with the detective - due to the detective being sensitive due to his son -

and also because I had just watched that tarantino flick -
    Tench was struggling all season due to his sons incident. When the team was discussing culpability of spectators he was losing it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    david fincher is one of my favorite directors.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

That's Dennis Rader. They'll keep showing little vignettes of him but I doubt they'll "catch" him given that he wasn't caught until 2005.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's Dennis Rader. They'll keep showing little vignettes of him but I doubt they'll "catch" him given that he wasn't caught until 2005.
    yup

i think the series works best when they tackle the psyche issues and the new "outside the box" tactics that this team introduced to law enforcement -

and works less

when they throw in the personal love lifes and home issues of the team -

but who knows - maybe they will tie them in smartly

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Big fan. I haven't gotten around to Season 2 yet, will be starting soon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Binge watched both seasons this weekend. Amazing show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It’s a terrific show. Finished season 2 yesterday. But it really seems like they didn’t know what to do with dr carr this season
    She's the token "what was wrong with powerful white men" character this season. Last year she was more involved, concerned with individual mental well being and such.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tench was struggling all season due to his sons incident. When the team was discussing culpability of spectators he was losing it
    The acting was superb. I could feel his tiredness, his anxiety, his sudden personalizing of comments he would have earlier either agreed with or stated himself. He changed his opinion on things because of how it affected his personal situation (without spoiling anything for anyone by saying more).

It's a binge worthy show. I couldn't get enough of the dichotomy between the feds and Atlanta PD.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    She's the token "what was wrong with powerful white men" character this season. Last year she was more involved, concerned with individual mental well being and such.
    and yet a majority of her scenes were with the other chick, and that story ended up going nowhere fast. plus, it would have been a lot more fascinating to see what repercussions there would have been to her lifestyle admission on the tape... but they brushed it off as her quick thinking and lying

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    and yet a majority of her scenes were with the other chick, and that story ended up going nowhere fast. plus, it would have been a lot more fascinating to see what repercussions there would have been to her lifestyle admission on the tape... but they brushed it off as her quick thinking and lying
    I got the impression that Fincher was going for "Feds can't have relationships that work because they too have emotional baggage" angle. She's a cold , but there was a bit too heavy of the chauvinism being laid on by too many high ranking folks. I get it that women were treated differently, maybe I don't get how much differently, but she seems to be the odd one out here, and they are trying to find a niche for her.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Put on indefinite hiatus, unfortunately.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Put on indefinite hiatus, unfortunately.
    It will still probably happen though. Odd move by them though.

He and Netflix are choosing to focus on other Netflix projects over the show.

The issue I see is that the show itself will become stale and people will lose interest as well as the actors. You would think they’d milk this show while the getting is good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It will still probably happen though. Odd move by them though.

He and Netflix are choosing to focus on other Netflix projects over the show.

The issue I see is that the show itself will become stale and people will lose interest as well as the actors. You would think they’d milk this show while the getting is good.
    I think they basically shot their wad in the last season. Moving forward they've already defined the concept of serial killer so there's really nothing interesting now it's just going to be stories about the agents and their families which is mostly made up.

I think they interviewed too many people in the first season. They could have spent more time on each subject. Other than the cliffhanger it could have pretty much been over after that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I think they basically shot their wad in the last season. Moving forward they've already defined the concept of serial killer so there's really nothing interesting now it's just going to be stories about the agents and their families which is mostly made up.

I think they interviewed too many people in the first season. They could have spent more time on each subject. Other than the cliffhanger it could have pretty much been over after that.
    this is a fair point. but that was a of a season

and yeah its gonna be family drama or more random small town murders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this is a fair point. but that was a of a season

and yeah its gonna be family drama or more random small town murders
    I'd put it up there with True Detective 1st season, or close.

Thread Information