Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just caught a look at the numbers for Jamal Murray’s contract, and they’re crazy.

• 2020-2021 season: $29,250,000
    • 2021-2022 season: $31,590,000
    • 2022-2023 season: $33,930,000
    • 2023-2024 season: $36,270,000
    • 2024-2025 season: $38,610,000

After that, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

I know he’s doing well, but seriously. This is a crazy amount of money given he’s just three seasons into his NBA career. And this means he’s going to be competing in terms of income with players like Jokic, Davis, George, Leonard, Irving, Antetokounmpo and others. Do you guys think it makes sense to pay him this kind of money?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Comparatively, looks fine. He’ll still only be 28 the last year of the contract. Lillard will be making $50M when he’s 33. Russ making $47M at 34. John Wall $47M at 32. Whether or not Murray is as good as those players the duration of his deal, it looks like a fair salary based on what the Nuggets believe Andy project he will be, all the while still being in his mid to late 20s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty '50mills' doesn't think it's a crazy amount of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically a worse version of Mighty Mouse. Today’s NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Empty calorie offensive chucker. Atrocious defense. Midget. Arrogant.

Why do some people like this scrub? I don't get it. Derrick White >>>.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Derrick White >>>.
    Would you give MVWhite this type of contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you give MVWhite this type of contract?
    No. I'd Supermax him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    No. I'd Supermax him.

Unfortunately R.C Drunkford has his eyes on Demar Derozen for that Supermax

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just caught a look at the numbers for Jamal Murray’s contract, and they’re crazy.

• 2020-2021 season: $29,250,000
    • 2021-2022 season: $31,590,000
    • 2022-2023 season: $33,930,000
    • 2023-2024 season: $36,270,000
    • 2024-2025 season: $38,610,000

After that, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

I know he’s doing well, but seriously. This is a crazy amount of money given he’s just three seasons into his NBA career. And this means he’s going to be competing in terms of income with players like Jokic, Davis, George, Leonard, Irving, Antetokounmpo and others. Do you guys think it makes sense to pay him this kind of money?
    This is the time for him to get his money, and the time when he maybe well worth it. In his mid-20s, with a great big man, just add some shooters/role players and you've got a perennial contender. Playoff and season ticket revenue should take care of the Nuggz if they don't get massively unlucky with injuries or a trade demand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it makes more sense than players getting that money at 30. it actually makes the most sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I'd Supermax him.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol when the recession and reality hits and the salary cap goes down and they still have to pay him that money

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can thank the Spurs ty pic n' roll defense for that, tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's even scarier is I remember 1969 like it was yesterday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's even scarier is I remember 1969 like it was yesterday.
    what was it like being slap dab in the middle of the "cult" era and now in a new "cult" era? i'm really asking because i find the infiltration of the hippy movement by commies quite fascinating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically a worse version of Mighty Mouse. Today’s NBA
    What?

Murray is a legit 6'4" - 6'5" while Damon was 5'10."

Murray still can improve and the Nuggets will be good for the duration of his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I'd Supermax him.
    Thank God you ain't the GM, homie.

White is no where near worth the Supermax and only a moron would offer him anything close (he's never even been an all-star let alone made an All-NBA team).

Murray at this current juncture is better than White and lit him up (and anyone else who guarded him) in the playoffs (on the Spurs).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank God you ain't the GM, homie.

White is no where near worth the Supermax and only a moron would offer him anything close (he's never even been an all-star let alone made a All-NBA team).

Murray at this correct juncture is better than White and lit him up (and anyone else who guarded him) in the playoffs (on the Spurs).
    So much idiocy in this sentence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much idiocy in this sentence.
    Murray is a borderline all-star, starter and helped lead his team to the 2nd best record in the conference.

White is the 3rd or 4th (depends on Murray's standing) best player on the Spurs, hasn't cracked 10 PPG, will likely be a 6th man (fits better w/ either Mills, Belinelli or Walker IV) and hasn't led the Spurs to anything (he was a catalyst for them making the playoffs).

He is a better defender and has better court vision/playmaking skills, but Murray is like Tony Parker in that he plays off of an elite (might be the best ever) passing big. He isn't asked to set people up but to be a lights out scorer and perimeter threat.

White is also gonna likely split time between PG/SG while Murray will be given the PG "duties"/position from day one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is a borderline all-star, starter and helped lead his team to the 2nd best record in the conference.

White is the 3rd or 4th (depends on Murray's standing) best player on the Spurs, hasn't cracked 10 PPG, will likely be a 6th man (fits better w/ either Mills, Belinelli or Walker IV) and hasn't led the Spurs to anything (he was a catalyst for them making the playoffs).

He is a better defender and has better court vision/playmaking skills, but Murray is like Tony Parker in that he plays off of an elite (might be the best ever) passing big. He isn't asked to set people up but to be a lights out scorer and perimeter threat.

White is also gonna likely split time between PG/SG while Murray will be given the PG "duties"/position from day one.
    borderline allstar

The guy is a traffic cone on defense. His lateral movement is atrocious, maybe the worst in the league for a guy his size. White is an all-defense level defender. This is like choosing Kevin Martin over a young Nephew (before he became an offensive monster) because Kevin Martin scored more points. It's idiotic.

White would eat him alive 1 on 1. Murray couldn't stay in front of him and it wasn't until they switched Harris on him, coupled with DEN simply focusing on him more that White stopped having his way. Murray OTOH struggled all series to get his shot off on White without the help of screens or without playing off of Jokic. He routinely got blocked or had to pass while up in the air after realizing he wasn't going to get his shot off. White stole his cookie to seal Game 1.

I would take White over Murray 10 times out of 10. It's not even ing close, bruh. Only blind idiots that focus on PPG don't see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?

Murray is a legit 6'4" - 6'5" while Damon was 5'10."

Murray still can improve and the Nuggets will be good for the duration of his contract.
    His height doesn’t matter homie. He can’t get his shot off that consistently against good defenders and plays zero defense. His game is like a worse version of Mighty Mouse, chucking up long 2s and having an aight 3 point percentage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't remember who he plays for and wouldn't be able to identify him in a lineup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    borderline allstar

The guy is a traffic cone on defense. His lateral movement is atrocious, maybe the worst in the league for a guy his size. White is an all-defense level defender. This is like choosing Kevin Martin over a young Nephew (before he became an offensive monster) because Kevin Martin scored more points. It's idiotic.

White would eat him alive 1 on 1. Murray couldn't stay in front of him and it wasn't until they switched Harris on him, coupled with DEN simply focusing on him more that White stopped having his way. Murray OTOH struggled all series to get his shot off on White without the help of screens or without playing off of Jokic. He routinely got blocked or had to pass while up in the air after realizing he wasn't going to get his shot off. White stole his cookie to seal Game 1.

I would take White over Murray 10 times out of 10. It's not even ing close, bruh. Only blind idiots that focus on PPG don't see it.
    White is inconsistent breaking.down defenders and is primarily a pick - and - roll ballhandler, too. He also is passive on offense, is erratic from three - point range, maybe prone to minor injuries (plantar fasciitis is a concern especially when he's had it on both feet, I believe) and can't be the focal point on a NBA offense.

See, we can all play this stupid game.

Jamal Murray at this is point is better player than White and only a blind, idiot homer would argue otherwise.

Again, plenty of PG's have been "hidden" on defense since it is considered (by some) to be the least impactful defensive position. That doesn't change the fact that Murray has improved every year in the NBA, has been a starter/contributor way longer than White and is clearly better than White to this point.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 09-03-2019 at 10:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His height doesn’t matter homie. He can’t get his shot off that consistently against good defenders and plays zero defense. His game is like a worse version of Mighty Mouse, chucking up long 2s and having an aight 3 point percentage.
    You forget the part that Murray/Harris score a ton off - ball and play off of the best passing big man ever. Yeah, let Murray go one - on - one breaking his man down (well or not) or play pick - and - roll, dribble hand - off and be a top 5 offense with Jokic as the focal point.

And his huge height advantage over "Mighty Mouse" means he can finish with authority, more efficiency in the paint and can get his shot off against most any PG.

Like these highlights, where he dunks on Gay and shoots a dagger in the face of "blocked his shot everytime" White.

I love White and think he can be a great or elite two - way combo guard, but Murray has proven more in the NBA, done it for longer and is a more consistent contributor to his team's offense and wins.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 09-03-2019 at 10:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forget the part that Murray/Harris score a ton off - ball and play off of the best passing big man ever. Yeah, let Murray go one - on - one breaking his man down (well or not) or play pick - and - roll, dribble hand - off and be a top 5 offense with Jokic as the focal point.

And his huge height advantage over "Mighty Mouse" means he can finish with authority, more efficiency in the paint and can get his shot off against most any PG.

Like these highlights, where he dunks on Gay and shoots a dagger in the face of "blocked his shot everytime" White.

I love White and think he can be a great or elite two - way combo guard, but Murray has proven more in the NBA, done it for longer and is a more consistent contributor to his team's offense and wins.
    Literally everything you said had nothing to do with my post. A shorter Mighty Mouse was a better player. Fact. Him being 6’4 doesn’t make him better than Mighty Mouse. They play a similar style of b-ball. Damon played off ball too. Or did you not know he played with Sabonis, who was also the best passing big man in the league.

You make this guy sound like an all star. He isn’t. He never will be. Dude also shot 2-6 against us. 8-23 and 7-18. So he didn’t dominate every game like you say he did. He shot 43% from the field in the regular season but yes you’re right, he can get his shot off against everybody

Thread Information