My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kobe literally complaining that he wasn't carried to more rings

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    shaq deleted his comments?

tbh, shaq needs more confidence when it comes to him v kobe. shaq respects kobe a lot more than kobe respects shaq.
    Shaq has more to lose in a public spat. He is a spokesman for a few brands. His public reputation is far more important to him and rightfully so because he is the closest basketball player to Jordan & Magic in that regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. They were beat by a superior team, TBQFH.
    Kobe shot 38% from the field and attempted more shots than Shaq who was averaging like 33 and 15 on over 60% shooting. He also played zero defense on Rip Hamilton and let him score at will. Honestly you can say that the Pistons were the better team and I won't argue much bc what I have to say is subjective anyways.

But IMO if you get Shaq more touches then he puts both Wallaces in foul trouble early. That would then force the Pistons to double team when the back up bigs are now guarding Shaq, and that will leave the shooters open for more makeable shots. Granted I know they shot like in the finals (To this day I'm still pissed at Fisher bc that shot like 60% from 3 in the last 4 games against us and then shot like 16% from 3 in the finals... Still why I hate Harden and did hate Dirk until 2011 bc I hate when choking gots go god mode against us and then the bed in the finals)

Anyways if Kobe played more within the offense (as I mentioned above) and fed off of Shaq while playing more with a egoless mindset then I think that series would've been a toss up,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t watch the 04 finals bc 04. But if this is right and they we’re trying to have 5’2” Ben ing Wallace guard Shaq, and Kobe instead went on a 4 game chuck fest, that is very believable and yes 04 was the Lakers ring to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe did Gods work denying pedo that coattail ring.

Pedo, for what he did to mankind, deserves to be chained to a basement forever. Fact that he’s a millionaire respected by millions of women hating sickos is already way more than what he ever deserves. Him having a ring would prove there’s no God.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a fat out of shape shaq was stil better than the rapist in 04 finals. You should have worked harder Kobe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe did Gods work denying pedo that coattail ring.

Pedo, for what he did to mankind, deserves to be chained to a basement forever. Fact that he’s a millionaire respected by millions of women hating sickos is already way more than what he ever deserves. Him having a ring would prove there’s no God.
    Who are you referring to?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Didn’t watch the 04 finals bc 04. But if this is right and they we’re trying to have 5’2” Ben ing Wallace guard Shaq, and Kobe instead went on a 4 game chuck fest, that is very believable and yes 04 was the Lakers ring to lose.
    Lakers did not defend.

Billups, Wallace and Hamilton were in their prime

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    English is not his 2nd language either. Who knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malone

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe shot 38% from the field and attempted more shots than Shaq who was averaging like 33 and 15 on over 60% shooting. He also played zero defense on Rip Hamilton and let him score at will. Honestly you can say that the Pistons were the better team and I won't argue much bc what I have to say is subjective anyways.

But IMO if you get Shaq more touches then he puts both Wallaces in foul trouble early. That would then force the Pistons to double team when the back up bigs are now guarding Shaq, and that will leave the shooters open for more makeable shots. Granted I know they shot like in the finals (To this day I'm still pissed at Fisher bc that shot like 60% from 3 in the last 4 games against us and then shot like 16% from 3 in the finals... Still why I hate Harden and did hate Dirk until 2011 bc I hate when choking gots go god mode against us and then the bed in the finals)

Anyways if Kobe played more within the offense (as I mentioned above) and fed off of Shaq while playing more with a egoless mindset then I think that series would've been a toss up,
    Pistons were routinely up by 30 in games. They were a superior team.

Also that Kobe's Michael Jordan B until he's not with Lakers fans.

As for Shaq's numbers, increased usage rate was likely going to see diminishing returns. But even if he could've somehow kept at that clip and averaged 50, the scheme was as such that one man could not beat them. Kobe's ball hogging only put the Lakers out of games sooner.

To your point on the fouls, Shaq was prone to offensive fouls, too. He gets more usage, he gets tired and he looks for foul short cuts instead of getting to his spot and putting in hooks or drop steps with fluidity. He gets more tired at the defensive end too, and he gets exposed. Indeed, Kobe's hero ball was a sad sight to behold; but the reality is the Lakers suddenly looked really old against a prime and loaded Detroit team that was one of the best of the decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malone. There’s a special place in for people impregnating 12 year olds and the disowning mother and child until the child amounted to something as a grown up.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont be mean. I support rapists and pedophiles as long as they help the lakers win

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Get help son, before I report you to ICE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get help son, before I report you to ICE
    Ice is the last place you want to contact.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ice is the last place you want to contact.
    Tru dat

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Shaq would have "Load Managed" on company time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also that Kobe's Michael Jordan B until he's not with Lakers fans.

As for Shaq's numbers, increased usage rate was likely going to see diminishing returns. But even if he could've somehow kept at that clip and averaged 50, the scheme was as such that one man could not beat them. Kobe's ball hogging only put the Lakers out of games sooner.

To your point on the fouls, Shaq was prone to offensive fouls, too. He gets more usage, he gets tired and he looks for foul short cuts instead of getting to his spot and putting in hooks or drop steps with fluidity. He gets more tired at the defensive end too, and he gets exposed. Indeed, Kobe's hero ball was a sad sight to behold; but the reality is the Lakers suddenly looked really old against a prime and loaded Detroit team that was one of the best of the decade.
    Makes one wonder how we would've fared. We beat the out of Minny for sure and make it to the finals. Duncan wasn't injured that year if I remember correctly. Manu wasn't quite Manu yet and Tony wasn't Tony yet either though both were still good. Turk and Horrys shooting would have had to improve right? (still have nightmares about Horrys wide open game changing 3 at the top of the key and he hits nothing but backboard). Bowen would've been able to stick with Rip though which would've hurt there offense. Rasho would've gotten destroyed by Rasheed but Duncan played phenomenal against Ben Wallace (second most overrated defender ever behind only Dwite; is that how you spell his name?) and Timmy was a monster himself in controlling the paint. Billups destroys Parker but Parker will make Billups actually play D unlike old man Payton or Fisher. Manu v Prince should be a clear Manu victory. I still think we lose in 04 and come back in 05 and beat them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn, what a piece of . My stomach turns wondering how many other pieces of there are like Malone in sports, and not even the pedophilia but gutless worms creating babies and blowing their wealth elsewhere instead of their kin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pistons won Games 3 & 5 decisively, but the others were in play. In Game 1, the Lakers were up one at the half. Game 2 went to OT. Game 4 was tied after three quarters.

In Game 3, the Pistons were up nine at the half and up 14 after three quarters. They won by 20.
    In Game 5, the Pistons were up ten at the half and up 23 after three quarters. The Lakers outscored them by 10 in the 4th.
    The Pistons were never up 30 even once the whole series.

The thing I remember most about '04 is Bill Russell predicting a win for the Pistons because of superior D, and other announcers not taking him seriously.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 08-30-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disgusting. that guy.
    Damn, the Lakers is where tired, disgusting bags go to die. You've had the following this century:

Rapists
    Junkies
    Pedophiles
    Adulterers
    Snitches
    Basket cases like Bynum and World Peace
    Domestic abusers/potential murderer who was replaced by....
    A disgruntled ex-players brought back who got their asshole caved in during gay sex and missed a whole season
    anndddd....the father of this thing (his association, your L):

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn, the Lakers is where tired, disgusting bags go to die. You've had the following this century:

Rapists
    Junkies
    Pedophiles
    Adulterers
    Snitches
    Basket cases like Bynum and World Peace
    Domestic abusers/potential murderer who was replaced by....
    A disgruntled ex-players brought back who got their asshole caved in during gay sex and missed a whole season
    anndddd....the father of this thing (his association, your L):

Delete this bruh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

^PERIOD

Thread Information