Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So property values in the billions and GBRA says $160M to replace all the damns. Seems like the math should work for property owners to rebuild after GBRA walks away.
    GBRA will be on the hook for part of it at least. Trial date is October 2020 so no draining at least until then. We should have the WCID set up by then and started on design of the floodgate replacement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GBRA will be on the hook for part of it at least. Trial date is October 2020 so no draining at least until then. We should have the WCID set up by then and started on design of the floodgate replacement.
    So I just don't get what the problem is. Summer is over, drain the lakes and get on with replacing the damns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I just don't get what the problem is. Summer is over, drain the lakes and get on with replacing the damns.
    The floodgates can be replaced without draining the lakes. It's done all the time. LCRA just replaced all the floodgates on the Town Lake dam without draining the lake. Draining the lakes will kill hundreds if not thousands of hundred year old cypress trees. My docks and bulkhead will be fine but a lot of bulkheads will collapse without the water pressure pushing back on them. It's just dumb to drain the lakes now. Just designing the new floodgates will probably take a couple of years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it only the gates that are at risk, or the entire structure?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it only the gates that are at risk, or the entire structure?
    just the gates. Each dam has three gates. They are totally independent of each other. If a gate fails the water rises about 4-1/2' right below he dam and immediately starts to spread out and the wate rlevel falls. it's no big deal if thy keep a reasonable safety zone around the dams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are comfortable its not really going to cost 180 million. LCRA just redid the Town Lake dam (9 gates) for 9.9 million.

https://www.lcra.org/water/dams-and-...m-project.aspx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good day. Have to park the boat for a month or two. Court date oct 1 next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good day. Have to park the boat for a month or two. Court date oct 1 next year.
    All giving you aside, hope it all works out for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All giving you aside, hope it all works out for you.
    I think it will. Taxes will go up a little bit more but they are ridiculous already. 12K a year on a 2500 square foot house. It's worth it to me though. Sitting on the back porch now with the breeze in my face offthe lake watching the lights twinkle off the water. Fish feeding on mayflies at the green light by the dock. Life is good as long as boutons doesnt get an AR15.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ing summer feels like it's never going to be over tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No . Still 100 degrees with humidity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No . My well is almost dry.

I hate being without water

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No . Still 100 degrees with humidity.

I got my hopes up when I saw 88-89 for the week on the ten day forecast and thought oh, next week will be a good time to work on my trees that need lots of pruning. Then the week gets here and it's ing 96 with humidity when I'm out there cutting and bundling .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well I must've cursed myself. Stupid dog somehow turned on an outside faucet and drained our holding tank last night. Now I have to buy a truckload of water.

Enjoy your water CC

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hilarious that wealthy lake-front-dwelling, govt-hating pricks, old white people?, want the govt (taxpayers) to protect their high-priced real estate when it was the govt (taxpayers) that created the lakes they are benefitting from.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-18-2019 at 01:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hilarious that wealthy lake-front-dwelling, govt-hating pricks, old white people?, want the govt to protect their high-priced real estate when it was the govt that created the lakes they are benefitting from.
    The lakes were created by a private company.

Boutons wrong as usual.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lakes were created by a private company.

Boutons wrong as usual.
    CosmicCowboy pleading government intervention because the issue affects him personally ...typical of Repub s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CosmicCowboy pleading government intervention because the issue affects him personally ...typical of Repub s
    It's about misconduct by a quasi-government en y. So yeah, government needs to police their own. As usual your snide little comment proves you dont know about the subject.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's about misconduct by a quasi-government en y. So yeah, government needs to police their own. As usual your snide little comment proves you dont know about the subject.
    So are you just in limbo until October 1st next year? Or are the homeowners confident you'll be able to work out a settlement that won't you all over like GBRA seems to want right now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hilarious

a so-called conservative, a govt-hater by definition, whining for good govt when he, and esp his wealth, is directly affected.

up to his earlobes in blatant hypocrisy, so typical, govt FOR me, and govt AGAINST thee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are you just in limbo until October 1st next year? Or are the homeowners confident you'll be able to work out a settlement that won't you all over like GBRA seems to want right now?
    Confident may not be the right word, but I think GBRA would rather negotiate a settlement than go to court and have a jury decide their obligation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask him how he feels about The Jews.

Thread Information