My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who wins in a 7 game series?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My first thought is how amazing it is that both teams had Tim, Manu, Tony, and Pop. I was there for the 2014 game 5 win. I watched game 7 in '05 on multiple locations in Austin...going berserk. Haven't made my choice yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 in 5. Parker hadn't quite become all-star Parker yet. Duncan and Manu were great though. That 14 team was special on both ends.

2007 might be more interesting. Still very good Duncan plus a better Parker and Manu. Decent role players in Barry, Horry, Bowen and Finley but 2014 in probably 5 or 6 tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 because Duncan was playing on two ed ankles in the 2005 Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu’s sexy hair carries the day.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thought the 05 team was your best le team. Mainly because Manu was insanely good then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2005 Duncan and Manu were significantly better than anyone on the 2014 team. Both got banged up by finals and at times looked bad against the Wallace's, but that's to be expected considering the historic defense from both teams and the physical style of play.

With Bowen hounding Tony and horry outstretching diaw, who on 14 is going to stop a prime Manu timmy pick and roll? Green and splitter? Leonard? They would struggle to even stay on the court. Both teams were lead in FTA by Tim and manu- 2014 with 194 combined (Leonard 3rd with 72)- 05 with 390 (Parker 3rd with 87). People are forgetting what a physical challenge it was to deal with prime Manu and timmy inside, they put ungodly pressure on the interior defense. Those 03-05 teams ground teams down with defense and physical interior play.

Obviously 2014 is sweeter for a bunch of other reasons but 05 team was both more dominant and more versatile IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2005 in 6

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that 2014 ball movement though

and how is the scouting? does the 2014 team have knowledge of their 2005 selves? vice versa?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a close call, but I lean towards '05 because of Prime Duncan and Manu. They were also versatile enough to beat an offensive powerhouse in the Suns and a defensive powerhouse in the Pistons.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a close call, but I lean towards '05 because of Prime Duncan and Manu. They were also versatile enough to beat an offensive powerhouse in the Suns and a defensive powerhouse in the Pistons.
    I'd solidly pick the 05 Spurs if we're talking having a healthy Duncan. But with two badly sprained ankles I gotta go with a healthy 14 team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014...KL, Boris, Mills, and Green bundled with the pure fire of revenge from 2013. That season was a wrecking ball that kept swinging. Ended the Heat...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd solidly pick the 05 Spurs if we're talking having a healthy Duncan. But with two badly sprained ankles I gotta go with a healthy 14 team.
    This. A non-injured Duncan was still beasting in 2005. He was playing through pain throughout that 2005 Finals. 2014 Spurs in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're discussing a "fantasy world" matchup in which players can travel through time and play against younger versions of themselves...why don't we just take injuries out of the equation? Assume everyone is healthy.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're discussing a "fantasy world" matchup in which players can travel through time and play against younger versions of themselves...why don't we just take injuries out of the equation? Assume everyone is healthy.
    In this context 2005 in 7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this context 2005 in 7
    2005 team in 6. Manu and Timmy were just too good and they had excellent role players. Probably our best le team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is op's next thread: toilet paper, over or under

Thread Information