Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    oh...

Sure.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Wow, Stanford is ass. False hope for SC.

But you never know. a 8-4 season would be great, and probably wins the South.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    Texas easily could have won this game. They were a dropped TD in the first and a bone headed end of the first half away from being up at the end of the 1st 14-13. But that is how the ball bounces. I'm looking forward to meeting you in BR for the re-match.

I feel confident the shoe will be on the other foot.
    That’s not a bad prediction. Texas is young and LSU loses a lot next year, including Burrow.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    I went to the game. It was certainly entertaining, but it was Aranda's worst defensive coaching job since he's been at LSU. Anways, the Texas fans were cool. The stadium atmosphere was good, but not as loud as many of the other ones that I've been to, especially for such a high profile game. The construction in the endzone made me feel like I wasn't getting the full experience since it was basically like an old horseshoe stadium. One of the Texas fans told me that it will all be done in 2 years.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I went to the game. It was certainly entertaining, but it was Aranda's worst defensive coaching job since he's been at LSU. Anways, the Texas fans were cool. The stadium atmosphere was good, but not as loud as many of the other ones that I've been to, especially for such a high profile game. The construction in the endzone made me feel like I wasn't getting the full experience since it was basically like an old horseshoe stadium. One of the Texas fans told me that it will all be done in 2 years.
    UT and Austin is one of the most laid back in all of college football imo. Austin has grown so much and there are so many young people who stay and work in Tech etc... There is just too much else to do. When you go to Ann Arbor, Columbus, South Bend, what else do you do on Saturday? It’s almost like a Southern California crowd in LA, San Diego, etc...

Also the bigger diversity (7-8% rule top of HS class) on campus has lead to a large % of students not carrying about football. ATM is said to have the 2% ers. UT has 50% ers. They new AD has done a very good job of trying to get more kids into it. The Alumni sit on their hands except for the ones that travel. The traveling UT fans will be the more swarthy characters with money. They will get into it. Especially if they bring their kids.

Welcome to the big 12 btw. No way you will see that many offensive looks from Alabama. They will basically dare you to stop them. It’s completely different game planning. SEC can make fun of the Big 12 all they want, but I guarantee the D coordinators would rather game plan against the old LSU offense. The spread RPO is designed to get athletes in space and force the other teams to deal with that. And with the different looks week to week, it’s very difficult. Mike Leech was a master at making simple but stupefying offenses for the defense. Your defense must game plan extensively, so kids that can’t catch on.... good luck, scoring will take place. Don’t miss one on one tackles in space. Don’t be out of position. They will find you. UT also had only one scholarship running back before they converted a true freshman to RB. The most explosive RB has some detached muscle in the groin, you never saw him. That definitely denied UT the entire playbook in a young season.

And then with the hurry up this time of year in the heat? You saw what happened, LSU had kids clutching muscles spread all over the field. Those uniforms just don’t help with the cooling and then running about on and off the field? Merely Wearing a Frkn helmet... that’s so hot.

All that being said, LSU had the better athletes, especially in the 2ndary, Stingley is gonna be really, really good. Next year in Baton Rouge, You will see a team from Austin with very close to equal talent. Yes it is occurring. We are getting players.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dp

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    not sure what kind of depth that LSU has defensively but they sure were gassed in the 2nd half and that was noticeable from the beginning of the 3rd quarter. it reminded me of how porous they looked against a&m last year but that, at least, was an overtime marathon. but, using that game film and the one from the texas game, especially the 2nd half, i think that teams will forming a blueprint on how to move the ball against the tigers. this may be a weird season for LSU, in that they may be winning games because of their offense instead of their defense.

UT's offense is in mid-season form and looked pretty solid considering their injury woes at the skill positions. i was pretty shocked by how their secondary was shredded though. i didn't see that coming. it will be interesting to see how that bodes in a pass prolific conference.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    ags covered, which is more than what i thought they would do. i actually thought it would be their offense that kept the score somewhat respectable but it was the defense, although they did not look all that great. granted, they were missing two starters in the secondary, but they made a lot of bonehead plays. the team did not look sharp and that is on the coaches. clemson looked crisp and the ags looked like they were in mid August. from what i saw, i still expect a&m to be an 8-4 or 7-5 team and i still expect clemson to repeat as national champions this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Uh, y’all can call it gassed. The only thing missing from a lot of LSU’s players falling down with cramps was the magic spray soccer uses to make “injures” go away.

Edit: Just to be clear, LSU faking cramps was not the reason Texas lost the game, before someone chimes in.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Uh, y’all can call it gassed. The only thing missing from a lot of LSU’s players falling down with cramps was the magic spray soccer uses to make “injures” go away.

Edit: Just to be clear, LSU faking cramps was not the reason Texas lost the game, before someone chimes in.
    i wasn't referring to the cramping (which was su ious, of course). i was referring to their body language on the field-bending over, hands on their knees. as the game wore on, which goes back to the question of depth on that defense. perhaps some of it was the result of the switch to a 3-4, despite the fact that the thinnest part of their defense is at the LB spot. regardless, this defense doesn't look to be one that will improve upon its SEC ranking of 5th in the SEC in 2018.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i'm curious, btw, as to where LSU will have the UT band sit for next year's game. in the parking lot?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i'm curious, btw, as to where LSU will have the UT band sit for next year's game. in the parking lot?
    It would be ing hilarious if LSU announced repairs to the stadium and set up a viewing party outside for the band and the three thousand fans who got tickets. “Y’all can cheer from out here.”

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    It would be ing hilarious if LSU announced repairs to the stadium and set up a viewing party outside for the band and the three thousand fans who got tickets. “Y’all can cheer from out here.”
    and they might even put heaters in the UT locker room that won't turn off. it's crazy. already the makings for a great rivalry. there's a reason why i can't stand LSU.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...n=desktop_push

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i wasn't referring to the cramping (which was su ious, of course). i was referring to their body language on the field-bending over, hands on their knees. as the game wore on, which goes back to the question of depth on that defense. perhaps some of it was the result of the switch to a 3-4, despite the fact that the thinnest part of their defense is at the LB spot. regardless, this defense doesn't look to be one that will improve upon its SEC ranking of 5th in the SEC in 2018.
    This is what happens when you have so many plays in one game. When guys get gassed you have to run them off the field. The defense is always chasing and there are no plays off against a spread RPO. This is exactly why Saban did complained about injuries from the hurry up. He did not want to see this type of game in the SEC. He wants a physical war, not a track meet. LSU is gonna bring the track meet now, especially in games where the other team has the capacity to score. Good luck to their D. They may have to drink fluids leading up to games and get the subbing worked out. Or fall down in apparent agony. This is also why Herman is so adamant about the pee testing before practice and thru the season.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It seemed a little dubious but i don't get too su ious of cramping up this time of year with this heat.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I got a quarter on Okie St -14 over Tulsa

A dollar on Tech -1 over Arizona

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Thank you Okie St.

Gonna up the dollar to 125 on Tech tonight in Arizona

Post Count
    LOL Harbaugh

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    Army should be embarrassed to have lost to Michigan.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Michigan overrated per usual
    . Y'all were saying?

My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    Mississippi making this mediocre QB, Chase Garbers, look like a Heisman Trophy candidate.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    . Y'all were saying?
    Yeah it looks that way at the moment

My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    Rebels got robbed of a TD pass.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They are trying to hype the ND/Georgia game but we all know how that's gonna go

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Aggy
    SEC punching bag

Thread Information