My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

About time somebody real said it too. You get paid tens of millions to play a child’s game because of the fans. Now go sack up get out there and play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't manage his load too well and has to finish in the shower.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^ gay comments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hated Kobe back in the day...but gotta give these old dogs a lot respect...these dudes showed up and played

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hated Kobe back in the day...but gotta give these old dogs a lot respect...these dudes showed up and played
    He was very hateable but not because he skipped out on his job or hid behind anybody. His mistakes were his alone

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe missed 15 or more games in eight seasons. Clearly, he did load management.

And the load management on his final season is well do ented.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not to cast aspersions, but, your Robinson couldn't function till Duncan came along to hold his hand & wipe his nose.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He was very hateable but not because he skipped out on his job or hid behind anybody. His mistakes were his alone
    It was just because he made "President" and "you" couldn't stop him. As long as he & Daddy were swinging & missing & Media was preparing the hemp rope for lynching the pair of you & Media were clearing the way to the gallows, having the time of your lives. Once he & Daddy rang v. Indiana & then twice more in succession you & Media grudged it like you & Media grudge the old man.

The triple, the 3 doubles + '16 will be here long after you & I go "into the dust that is always end."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a lot more money involved now. Can't blame them tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was just because he made "President" and "you" couldn't stop him. As long as he & Daddy were swinging & missing & Media was preparing the hemp rope for lynching the pair of you & Media were clearing the way to the gallows, having the time of your lives. Once he & Daddy rang v. Indiana & then twice more in succession you & Media grudged it like you & Media grudge the old man.

The triple, the 3 doubles + '16 will be here long after you & I go "into the dust that is always end."
    You're so weird kid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Load management is smart

We can talk about Kobe’s last seasons

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're so weird kid
    I admit, I may have over done it on that one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Load management is smart

We can talk about Kobe’s last seasons
    ...you've nary room, lefty. Duncan let Delihah cut his hair & you're short 1 because of that hair cut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ironically, with Load Management, it's much less likely he does his Achilles after he had a good 2013. Then proceeds to have the 3 worst seasons in NBA history with a player of that usage & he goes from being a lock Top 10 of all time, to outside the top 10.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ironically, with Load Management, it's much less likely he does his Achilles after he had a good 2013. Then proceeds to have the 3 worst seasons in NBA history with a player of that usage & he goes from being a lock Top 10 of all time, to outside the top 10.
    He went for it. It was beautiful. It did not work. He did the same thing in '09 in Los Angeles & it worked. As (it) came into view he dropped the game face, all pretense, all regard and just jail breaked. It worked. It was glorious.

He knew he was short before the Achilles blew. But, he went anyway.

State did the same thing this past Finals. It did not work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the league is determined to make the playoffs 2 months long this was inevitable..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played and saved the injury excuses until after the loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...you've nary room, lefty. Duncan let Delihah cut his hair & you're short 1 because of that hair cut.
    Shedding a is never a bad thing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Shedding a is never a bad thing.
    But, you handled it all wrong. Duncan's vanity kept him from going along with Delilah until the season was finished. He forced Her to be a Delilah instead of the girl who'd partnered with him on a deal they both wanted & worked for year after year until she wanted to break the deal.

"Fine. Can you give me till August?"

"No problem."

---instead...

"You signed on. That was our deal, and it's worked for __ years. GD it, you agreed. I ain't letting go. The children. The deal. C'mon, please."

"It's over."

____

Just a moment, just a crack, just a slice of cognition in a Final's game & Duncan failed. & he lost her ing anyway! Nothing changed except he was short an NBA le ever more.

It happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, you handled it all wrong. Duncan's vanity kept him from going along with Delilah until the season was finished. He forced Her to be a Delilah instead of the girl who'd partnered with him on a deal they both wanted & worked for year after year until she wanted to break the deal.

"Fine. Can you give me till August?"

"No problem."

---instead...

"You signed on. That was our deal, and it's worked for __ years. GD it, you agreed. I ain't letting go. The children. The deal. C'mon, please."

"It's over."

____

Just a moment, just a crack, just a slice of cognition in a Final's game & Duncan failed. & he lost her ing anyway! Nothing changed except he was short an NBA le ever more.

It happens.
    You're confusing cause and correlation. Duncan rang the next year. Amy wasn't around then either. Duncan did fine in the Finals. The other two, not so much. To be honest, they all three needed Gary Neal and Danny Green to bail water until game 6 and when they stopped "I cannot believe they keep leaving Danny open", the wheels fell off. Tim wasn't even in the game when that happened and he carried them in 7 without much help. Amy had nothing to do with that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're confusing cause and correlation. Duncan rang the next year. Amy wasn't around then either. Duncan did fine in the Finals. The other two, not so much. To be honest, they all three needed Gary Neal and Danny Green to bail water until game 6 and when they stopped "I cannot believe they keep leaving Danny open", the wheels fell off. Tim wasn't even in the game when that happened and he carried them in 7 without much help. Amy had nothing to do with that.
    Yeah, the next year, they called the Judge out to the compound and got the decree in peace & some sense of harmony & they moved on, he was free to focus on the Finals without the fear of losing her. He'd lost her. It was over. It was no longer within his control, or, grasp.

If they're still married you have at least 6, arguably more. He thought he had an ironclad covenant with this woman. & she mean't it to be forever more, but, we're human. Things change. People change. He found that bitter lesson out, we all do. We're told that, but, we can't feel it until we're kicked and we're all, sooner or, later, kicked.
    The timing for your group was just catastrophic. He could've saved everything, but, he didn't. "I can do both, leave me alone, Pop, please."

"Fine. If you need me, call me, day or night."

The rest is a matter of record. If I hadn't showed up here after you saved my hash Vs. the Suns, I'd take no pleasure from this result I assure you.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Djokovic doing some load management, perhaps?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    i think theres a balance for load management

on one hand, i think timely moments and games of rest can be very helpful to preventing unnecessary injury, and allow for more fresh legs come playoffs

on the other hand, it gets overdone to the point that the players lose out on being more well conditioned for longer, more intense periods of play. it seems like almost anyone who plays 40 minutes in a game seems dead tired, whereas players used to frequently average over 40 minutes a night.

that said, in the 80s to early 90s, while everyone generally played a very fast pace, defensive effort was extremely lax for the most part. then in the mid-90s to mid-00s, the pace was generally slower, but defense was clearly more intense.
    in the past decade, generally the pace is pretty fast (not quite as fast as the 80s), and defense is pretty intense (not quite as intense as the 90s, but honestly the biggest difference is that cheap/bully shots arent allowed anymore), so perhaps you have to add in the fact that arguably more effort is given in today's game on both ends than used to be played, causing players to get tired a little quicker too.

but i think teams need to back off the load management a bit, and use it in a more timely manner, and save it more for the older players. its being wasted on younger players imo

Thread Information