Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    tbh I'm sick and tired of the pick plays. Idk who was the guy who first exploited it(most likely Belichick, as the Pats were the first team that I saw run it successfully), but it's gotten out of hand especially at the goalline.

I get that the whole point of the play is to make it look like receivers are just running their routes and the defender just "happens" to be in the way. But it's always obvious when it's intentional. Refs just need to make a judgement call on it which will obviously lead to a lot of ing but this needs to stop.
    saw it again on Thursday in the Eagles/Packers game. Howard, the running back, runs a flat out of the backfield and an Eagles receiver intentionally runs route right into the linebacker responsible for covering the runningback. The receiver didn't even try to hide this one, he just shoulder checked the linebacker right when they met clearing Howard for a walk in 20 yard touchdown.

such a bull play

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    saw it again on Thursday in the Eagles/Packers game. Howard, the running back, runs a flat out of the backfield and an Eagles receiver intentionally runs route right into the linebacker responsible for covering the runningback. The receiver didn't even try to hide this one, he just shoulder checked the linebacker right when they met clearing Howard for a walk in 20 yard touchdown.

such a bull play
    that's the Green Bay defensive coordinator's fault for calling man instead of zone then

Pick plays don't work against zone

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    that's the Green Bay defensive coordinator's fault for calling man instead of zone then

Pick plays don't work against zone
    still doesnt sit well with me. I guess you could technically stop it with zone, but i hate the idea having to stop playing man to man due to a cheap gimmick that any team can run.

some asshole saw this loophole a few years ago and now everybody is whoring it to death. It's time to adjust the rulebook accordingly by throwing flags for this when it's obvious.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    still doesnt sit well with me. I guess you could technically stop it with zone, but i hate the idea having to stop playing man to man due to a cheap gimmick that any team can run.

some asshole saw this loophole a few years ago and now everybody is whoring it to death. It's time to adjust the rulebook accordingly by throwing flags for this when it's obvious.
    Belichick, duh. And we all know it's very hard to stop Brady with zone so that's why the Patriots offense is pretty unstoppable when they decide to lift a finger.

I do think teams might want to try hard flat cover 2 against the Patriots again, with Gronk no longer in place

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    anyone claiming Brady is the worst pick play offender. Peyton d the pick play touchdown way more than anyone else ever did.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    i do remember the Broncos running it in 2013 or so, but regardless i dont have as much of a problem with Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, etc doing it but moreso when scrub quarterbacks (ala 2012-14 Russell Wilson) get huge chunks of passing yards off of it

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Make challenges such that you get whichever ones back that you win. That stupid "you have to win BOTH to get a third" needs to die.

Ties need to die. Lions look pretty good this year but would like to have seen them have a chance to win with a post-OT FG kick off to win, I'd trust Prater over Zane Gonzales of Arizona.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    going back to what DD and I discussed on page 1... this "defenseless player" makes no sense when its a receiver who is in the process of making a catch. are you required to stop playing defense if a receiver is diving for a ball?

that was a clean hit... refs only throw a flag if the receiver stays down tbh, its bull

Thread Information