Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I need Tucker to kick about 5 FGs tonight k thanks.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good luck. 5 PATs is more likely.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Raheem Mostert (solid matchup, but one fumble could get him permabenched) or Devin Singletary (awful matchup, and Frank Gore still steals goal line carries for no good reason, but also getting pretty close to RB1 level touches)?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Raheem Mostert (solid matchup, but one fumble could get him permabenched) or Devin Singletary (awful matchup, and Frank Gore still steals goal line carries for no good reason, but also getting pretty close to RB1 level touches)?
    I like Mostert pretty easily here.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    I'm with you on that Tucker need. I would like 5 fgs haha. or at least 4 XPs and like 3 fgs...

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    How does Breida's return hamper into Mostert's cut of the carries?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s the concerning part. Every last “expert” acts like Breida is irrelevant and that Mostert is an RB2 lock. I’d bet one 40 yd run from Breida would change that dynamic quickly.

But then Singletary could get 15-20 touches of just running into a brick wall.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Mostert will prolly get a TD or two imo, so he's a good bet.

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s the concerning part. Every last “expert” acts like Breida is irrelevant and that Mostert is an RB2 lock. I’d bet one 40 yd run from Breida would change that dynamic quickly.

But then Singletary could get 15-20 touches of just running into a brick wall.
    I have both Singletary and Breida. Not sure if I'll start either one. I had Mark Andrews and Justin Tucker. Got a solid game from Andrews. Though that one incomplete pass from Jackson when Andrews was streaking would've been nice. That would've covered up the Justin Tucker lack of usage.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Maybe a little but not enough to not play Mostert with some confidence. There was some comment by Shanny recently praising Mostert and talking about him earning the #1 spot.
    And I don't think he's one to go RBBC crazy like Pederson or LeFleur.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    So, I'm winning my game 141-139. My opponent is done, and I have Jared Cook tonight.

With Cook in the lineup, my "chance of winning" (according to Yahoo) is 93%. If I remove him from the lineup, of course that changes to 100% because the game would be over.

So, should I bench Cook just in case he fumbles and gets negative yards? Or is that considered unsportsmanlike to intentionally play an empty slot?

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    For the first time this whole season, my team did not produce. I'm winning by 7 with my opponent having Brees and Kamara vs my Michael Thomas. Lost Cook and got nothing from Cooper. The 49er D was a no-show. A sputtering effort again. a 12-1 season gone to waste unless somehow Thomas outscores the two teammates. At least I won my buy-in back.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    My opponent had Perriman (3 tds), Aaron Jones (2 tds), and Barkley (2 tds). Needless to say, I lost. Fml.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    My opponent had Perriman (3 tds), Aaron Jones (2 tds), and Barkley (2 tds). Needless to say, I lost. Fml.
    I had Winston (4TD, 450+ yards), Aaron Jones (2TD), Miles Sanders (2TD and 120+ yards, 6 rec, 50 yards), Waller (100+ yards) and Godwin (100+ yard) and still lost.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I had Winston (4TD, 450+ yards), Aaron Jones (2TD), Miles Sanders (2TD and 120+ yards, 6 rec, 50 yards), Waller (100+ yards) and Godwin (100+ yard) and still lost.
    Sickening

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    So, I'm winning my game 141-139. My opponent is done, and I have Jared Cook tonight.

With Cook in the lineup, my "chance of winning" (according to Yahoo) is 93%. If I remove him from the lineup, of course that changes to 100% because the game would be over.

So, should I bench Cook just in case he fumbles and gets negative yards? Or is that considered unsportsmanlike to intentionally play an empty slot?
    You'll need to ask SFS. He's the expert on fantasy football sportsmanship.

Otherwise, it's your team, do whatever the you want

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    bench cook and dont think twice. ive never heard of that strat being unsportsmanlike.

i ended up 5th/12 in my main league... frustrating because my team went off this week (tyreek/kelce/ingram) after duds last week, when i got knocked out of the first round.

that said, i'm in the finals in my 14 man office league, which i generally care less about, so i'm still guaranteed a net positive season.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You'll need to ask SFS. He's the expert on fantasy football sportsmanship.

Otherwise, it's your team, do whatever the you want
    LOL...your panties are still in a wad?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    bench cook and dont think twice. ive never heard of that strat being unsportsmanlike.

i ended up 5th/12 in my main league... frustrating because my team went off this week (tyreek/kelce/ingram) after duds last week, when i got knocked out of the first round.

that said, i'm in the finals in my 14 man office league, which i generally care less about, so i'm still guaranteed a net positive season.
    Here...let's ask spurraider...he's unbiased.

So if you've been eliminated from the playoffs, do you quit setting your lineup even if you've got multiple inactive players starting? And it up for the rest of the teams still in contention?
    Or do you just take the couple of minutes and set your roster?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

So if you've been eliminated from the playoffs, do you quit setting your lineup even if you've got multiple inactive players starting? And it up for the rest of the teams still in contention?
    you should still set lineups. you cant act as a de-facto bye week for other players towards the end of the season.

thats different than arcadian's example, where he's competing to win. benching cook isn't "tanking" to give somebody else a free win, its competing.

general rule of thumb is you should always play to win. i think the only grey area is where you are locked into a playoff spot and consider tanking the last week to determine who does or doesnt make playoffs if you think that gives you an advantage

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count

Done. I guess it's sort of like fouling up 3 in basketball. I'm not gonna pull a Popovich and do something that increases my chances of losing just for "honor" or some .

In other news, thanks to the dumbass who dropped Kenyan Drake in week 13, which made this whole playoff run possible for me 39 points yesterday

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

Lol no, it's definitely you with panties all wadded up

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    you should still set lineups. you cant act as a de-facto bye week for other players towards the end of the season.

thats different than arcadian's example, where he's competing to win. benching cook isn't "tanking" to give somebody else a free win, its competing.

general rule of thumb is you should always play to win. i think the only grey area is where you are locked into a playoff spot and consider tanking the last week to determine who does or doesnt make playoffs if you think that gives you an advantage
    Agree.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lol no, it's definitely you with panties all wadded up
    Dude...what is your problem. I made a pretty innocuous comment about you not setting your lineup. Even added an "lol" to it.
    Then you got defensive about it. Most fantasy players would agree with me and think you're kind of an asshole for pussing out just because there wasn't any money on the line.

You're the one that brought it up again.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I brought you up for s and giggles, fantasy cop. I don't really care who agrees with you. If you're gonna whine about it then change the rules to make everyone participate every game. If not, tough , you'll have to live with your panties way up all in there, dude.

Thread Information