Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    are yall not sick of children's picture books as movies yet?
    Are you not sick of taking drugs?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Koriwhat thinks he's too adult to watch Spider Man into the spider verse.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Koriwhat thinks he's too adult to watch Spider Man into the spider verse.
    nah, some are good but it's def the end of hollywood no doubt. they've been riding the comic book movie gravy train for some time now. burn hollywood burn!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    nah, some are good but it's def the end of hollywood no doubt. they've been riding the comic book movie gravy train for some time now. burn hollywood burn!
    comic book movies have been making more money than ever

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ironically enough, you disliked what worked for the first two movies and liked wdhat didn't.

Kirsten Dunst was a boring Jane and for the most part didn't do a thing of significance in the trilogy.
    Wait so you liked the bad acting and weird Green Goblin costume that featured spray painted air Jordan's, and boring and straight forward story telling?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wait so you liked the bad acting and weird Green Goblin costume that featured spray painted air Jordan's, and boring and straight forward story telling?
    For it's time it was enough. I actually appreciate the basic approach to those films. Lots of practicality from the costume to the stunts.

These days they combine CGI costumes with the ones they actually have to wear.

I dont know what you expect from a comic book movie? Deep storylines? We dont even get that right now. Personally I watch for the crazy action. If I want a complex story, I'd holla at Christopher Nolan some.

How Raimi's Spider Man movies get on when they were the ones who opened the doors wide open for studios like Marvel and DC to come in and make a zillion movies (And money) is beyond my comprehension.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For it's time it was enough. I actually appreciate the basic approach to those films. Lots of practicality from the costume to the stunts.

These days they combine CGI costumes with the ones they actually have to wear.

I dont know what you expect from a comic book movie? Deep storylines? We dont even get that right now. Personally I watch for the crazy action. If I want a complex story, I'd holla at Christopher Nolan some.

How Raimi's Spider Man movies get on when they were the ones who opened the doors wide open for studios like Marvel and DC to come in and make a zillion movies (And money) is beyond my comprehension.
    People making the trilogy out to be something that it isn't is beyond my comprehension. Just because it was fine for the time which it came out doesn't mean that it was a good franchise.

Many comic book movies have had much more complex and deep stories and forms of story telling with better action sequences and acting, I don't think that's a reason to praise Raimi's trilogy.

I doubt that his trilogy had any real baring on the MCUs success tbh, why didn't the trilogy open the doors for Hulk, Daredevil, and those 2 Fantastic 4 movies?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    People making the trilogy out to be something that it isn't is beyond my comprehension. Just because it was fine for the time which it came out doesn't mean that it was a good franchise.

Many comic book movies have had much more complex and deep stories and forms of story telling with better action sequences and acting, I don't think that's a reason to praise Raimi's trilogy.

I doubt that his trilogy had any real baring on the MCUs success tbh, why didn't the trilogy open the doors for Hulk, Daredevil, and those 2 Fantastic 4 movies?
    I hated the third movie. Just letting that out there.

By no means am I saying these sets of movies were the greatest ever. But they were good, solid.

And I'm speaking in general. The first spider man movie proved you can make adequate superhero movies without it being super complex or strictly made for a niche group. I'm speaking in broad terms when I said "open" the doors like The Matrix did for the Scifi genre.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Uh, looking at the next Sony movie, I may have to take back my cautious optimism. Why do people keep giving Jared Leto money?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The Raimi trilogy is borderline unwatchable imo. I'm curious as to why you like them.

Thought Franko's acting was comically bad, McGuire was stiff as a board, only Dunst was serviceable. Spiderman 1 was boring with an odd costume design for the Green Goblin,

2 was a lot better but that was because the Doc Oc- Spider-Man fight scenes still holdup.

Spider-Man 3 is on par with Venom as worst Marvel movie of the 2000s. Sony really ed up Venom, just a brutal watch.
    Spidey 3 was awful

Lol at emo Parker and lol casting Topher Grace

Topher was great as Eric Forman, but other than that role he sucks

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    comic book movies have been making more money than ever
    yeah and pet rocks were a huge hit at one time too as well as beanie babies. your point?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    yeah and pet rocks were a huge hit at one time too as well as beanie babies. your point?
    endgame just set a record for most gross revenue. the point is that there is no fatigue from viewers yet. its not slowing down anytime soon

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    endgame just set a record for most gross revenue. the point is that there is no fatigue from viewers yet. its not slowing down anytime soon
    mindless entertainment is what the masses seek tbh. the more action, less thinking, the better. i understand their value but damn i am just sick of looking at the marquee and seeing nothing but comics these days just like turning on the tv and having a 10+yr hangover from realityTv.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    mindless entertainment is what the masses seek tbh. the more action, less thinking, the better. i understand their value but damn i am just sick of looking at the marquee and seeing nothing but comics these days just like turning on the tv and having a 10+yr hangover from realityTv.
    nobody says you have to like it tbh... but why do you take issue with other people liking it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    nobody says you have to like it tbh... but why do you take issue with other people liking it?
    i don't necessarily. i just don't understand mainstream mentality i suppose. i don't like pop music and i don't really care for cheesy kid comics.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i don't necessarily.
    burn hollywood burn!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    asking if people are sick of comic movies isn't telling them to stop watching them. watch them but i'll continue to that hollywood is in the dumps regardless.

as for "burn hollywood burn" yes i hope hollywood crashes and burns. not only the studios but the pol ideology too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not to derail the -talking...

But Sony came out and said that "the door is shut" for a Marvel deal and confirmed that Spiderman will join the Venom-verse. They also said that they are working on six Spider/Venom/Sony-verse tv shows. It sounds to me that Sony was counting on Spiderman being a temporary loaner all along.

Thread Information