Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Mac was better than Penny tbh.
    Ah , you're right. How could I forget? I was just arguing in another thread that McGrady > Harden
    What about DRose? He won an MVP.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking about Grant Hill and Alonzo Mourning, who both lose a lot of recognition because of injuries/illness. And I remembered that both of them wore #33. Then it hit me how many other big name players wore 33. Kareem, Bird, Pippen, Ewing. Probably others I forgot. I can't think of any other number with that kind of compe ion.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking about Grant Hill and Alonzo Mourning, who both lose a lot of recognition because of injuries/illness. And I remembered that both of them wore #33. Then it hit me how many other big name players wore 33. Kareem, Bird, Pippen, Ewing. Probably others I forgot. I can't think of any other number with that kind of compe ion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Only if you count guys like Barkley, who only wore the number for one year. OR Dr. J, who is always going to be #6 even though he wore 32 a few seasons in the ABA. Shaq only wore it for 4 seasons - in Miami but not LA. There are some statues of Jordan wearing #32, but he never wore it himself. (One of the statues was on Jimmy Kimmel, and people kept trying to figure out why it had 32.)

A lot of guys have worn a number for a year or three, but it's not the number they're always remembered by. Jordan wore 45 when he came back from baseball, but he'll always be 23.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barkley-Suns
    Shaq-Lakers
    Hakeem-Rockets
    Paul Pierce-Celtics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barkley-Suns
    Shaq-Lakers
    Hakeem-Rockets
    Paul Pierce-Celtics

Pretty damn good.

That bunch definitely contends.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only if you count guys like Barkley, who only wore the number for one year. OR Dr. J, who is always going to be #6 even though he wore 32 a few seasons in the ABA. Shaq only wore it for 4 seasons - in Miami but not LA. There are some statues of Jordan wearing #32, but he never wore it himself. (One of the statues was on Jimmy Kimmel, and people kept trying to figure out why it had 32.)

A lot of guys have worn a number for a year or three, but it's not the number they're always remembered by. Jordan wore 45 when he came back from baseball, but he'll always be 23.
    Magic Johnson retired the number for the Lakers

Karl Malone retired the number for the Jazz

Kevin McHale retired the number for the Celtics

Shaquille O'Neal basically wore number 32 and 33 in franchises where those numbers weren't retired. He wore 32 in 3 franchise Orlando, Miami and Phoenix where said number was available and hadn't been retired.

I would say that all four of these players rank in the All-Time Top 35.

As an aside, Sean Elliott retired the number for the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you consider Kobe for 8 or 24? I'd go with 8 because he won the majority of his les wearing that number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic Johnson retired the number for the Lakers

Karl Malone retired the number for the Jazz

Kevin McHale retired the number for the Celtics

Shaquille O'Neal basically wore number 32 and 33 in franchises where those numbers weren't retired. He wore 32 in 3 franchise Orlando, Miami and Phoenix where said number was available and hadn't been retired.

I would say that all four of these players rank in the All-Time Top 35.

As an aside, Sean Elliott retired the number for the Spurs

Meh, it's not an exact science. Plus, I had missed McHale (I always hated that bas ). I'll concede. Especially when you throw Sean in.

Thread Information