Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Countdown: Which player wore No. 50 best in league history?
    https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-countdo...140659920.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously Dave. Does anyone else even come close?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BSPN with more subtle digs at the Spurs

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yahoo

and they basically gave dave a sloppy kiss on the butt

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s between Dave, Zach Randolph, Greg Oden and Joel Anthony. I haven’t read the article but I’m sweating boys, who’s it gonna be??? I don’t know if I can take the suspense!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryant Reeves. Next question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from the article

David Robinson is the easiest of choices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they're doing this for every jersey number during their 55 day countdown. man you are some sensitive s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as they put Timmeh number 1 for no.21 then all is good in Spurs world. Will be interesting where Manu and Tony end up for 20 & 9. Same with Gervin at 44, Kawhi has a shot at whatever number he wore for us. Who else we got? Does LaSharcus have many compe ors? Kudos to The Admiral, an easy choice for 50.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as they put Timmeh number 1 for no.21 then all is good in Spurs world. Will be interesting where Manu and Tony end up for 20 & 9. Same with Gervin at 44, Kawhi has a shot at whatever number he wore for us. Who else we got? Does LaSharcus have many compe ors? Kudos to The Admiral, an easy choice for 50.
    Agreed. I'll be curious on a few of those. Some jersey numbers are rarely picked for whatever reason.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6 should be Bill Russell or Dr. J; but ESPN gonna suck off Lebron per usual. Lots of greats have wore 33; but that should be Bird. Drexler will be 22. Kobe will get the nod for 8 or 24 (cheater). Parish will get 00. Wade got a chance at 3 I would think. Yea, Kawhi got a shot at 2. I can't even think of who ever wore 1 tbh. Those are some off the top of my head.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I'll be curious on a few of those. Some jersey numbers are rarely picked for whatever reason.
    Because in HS and College, they have to end 1-5 and often start at 10 and end in the 40's; so selection is limited and players often want their numbers still when they get to the pros.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6 should be Bill Russell or Dr. J; but ESPN gonna suck off Lebron per usual. Lots of greats have wore 33; but that should be Bird. Drexler will be 22. Kobe will get the nod for 8 or 24 (cheater). Parish will get 00. Wade got a chance at 3 I would think. Yea, Kawhi got a shot at 2. I can't even think of who ever wore 1 tbh. Those are some off the top of my head.
    Moses Malone also wore #2 and had a much better career than the Spurs former #2.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moses Malone also wore #2 and had a much better career than the Spurs former #2.
    Yea, Moses gonna win it. He won multiple MVPs IIRC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Penny Hardaway

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ooh Penny, good call. I think he'll get number one. Just bringing up his name makes me want to buy some of the shoes he used to wear. He used to have a really good shoe game back when he was in the NBA during his prime.

How many MVPs did Moses Malone win? I knew he was good, but I didn't know he won multiple MVPs? I have heard of him winning one, did know he won more than one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ooh Penny, good call. I think he'll get number one. Just bringing up his name makes me want to buy some of the shoes he used to wear. He used to have a really good shoe game back when he was in the NBA during his prime.

How many MVPs did Moses Malone win? I knew he was good, but I didn't know he won multiple MVPs? I have heard of him winning one, did know he won more than one.
    He won 3 league mvps.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Moses Malone was a BMF. Not just a good player, a BMF. He played a few years longer than he should have at the tail end of his career, but even with those seasons, he still averaged over 20 PTS and 12 or 13 RB per game for his career. When he was in his prime? He was putting up +/- 25 points a game, leading the league in rebounds, and getting sent to the FT line 10+ times a game. And that last bit wasn't because he couldn't hit FT's - he was a damn good FT shooter for a big man. Honestly, if Timmy had been able to shoot FT's as good as Malone, he would have been even more of a terror than he was. (Tim made about 5,900 FT's in his career. Malone made 9,000.) When you can knock down FT's consistently, and they still send you to the line, it's because they can't stop you any other way.

Did I mention that he was a BMF?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they're doing this for every jersey number during their 55 day countdown. man you are some sensitive s
    Jason Williams (the white trash, not the murderer) will be #55?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moses Malone was a BMF. Not just a good player, a BMF. He played a few years longer than he should have at the tail end of his career, but even with those seasons, he still averaged over 20 PTS and 12 or 13 RB per game for his career. When he was in his prime? He was putting up +/- 25 points a game, leading the league in rebounds, and getting sent to the FT line 10+ times a game. And that last bit wasn't because he couldn't hit FT's - he was a damn good FT shooter for a big man. Honestly, if Timmy had been able to shoot FT's as good as Malone, he would have been even more of a terror than he was. (Tim made about 5,900 FT's in his career. Malone made 9,000.) When you can knock down FT's consistently, and they still send you to the line, it's because they can't stop you any other way.

I remember Moses playing for the spurs at the tail end of his career.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember Moses playing for the spurs at the tail end of his career.

He played in SA a few games his last year. He was beyond done. I think Philly signed him after that just so he could retire a Sixer, but I don't know if he ever took the floor for them.

I had to go look this up: in '83, the Sixers swept the Kareem/Magic Lakers in the Finals. Malone was FMVP. He put up 26 points, 18 boards, and 2 assists per game and just dominated the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Mac was better than Penny tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did he know Big Meech?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Mac was better than Penny tbh.
    Ah , you're right. How could I forget? I was just arguing in another thread that McGrady > Harden

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darn, I forgot about T-Mac too. I'd give him number 1, but Penny would have had a real chance if it wasn't for his injuries. He had a shorter prime than T-Mac.

Thanks for the info about Moses Malone. I didn't know he was such a beast. I'll have to look him up when I have some time.

Thread Information