Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Blake is the biggest one here....

true believer - that is...
    You know it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so, Homer. He told me to go myself a week ago. That don't sound like a true believer, fart-face.
    Bible God gives a big you over and over again to Israel, especially when Israel cucks Bible God. He really hates that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bible is not the Word of God.
    According to pretty much every Christian denomination, it is literally the word of Bible God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    & you too, bouts, will do that bell & steeple shuffle, just as sure as the turnin' of the earth.
    So you'll be crawling to a mosque at the end then

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And people say we're the greatest country on earth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Straight out of the King James version. Language seemed pretty specific. Believe in Jesus or go to .
    Nope. Depends on your interpretation. All Christians believe salvation comes only through Jesus but that does not mean, to the majority Christians, that all non Christians are doomed to .

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Living in the Bible Belt it was what I did... , it's what everybody does. I was even in ministry for a while. But as time passed and more and more information became available online it became pretty obvious it was bull . I consider myself agnostic now.

The thing about the Bible Belt is that most of the Jesus people are exactly the same as the non Jesus people. The only difference is they go to a meeting on Sunday, think prayer actually works and thank God for dumb like passing a test or getting them a close parking place. Otherwise they around on their spouses, get hammered at bars on the weekend and on their coworkers like the rest of this country does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bible is not the Word of God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, the actually address the OP, i was raised a believer in the armenain orthodox church. my grandpa was a priest. i went to armenian private school which had weekly religion class, etc.

i would say that through elementary school i believed everything completely. we prayed every morning at school, i would pray every night before going to bed, etc. it was probably around middle school when i started having doubts about some of the specific tales of the bible. it was noah's ark and adam/eve that really threw me off as not making a lot of sense. i then contorted my belief to think some of the stories were just "lessons" like childrens books... or that god existed and his hand guided evolution, etc.

neither of my parents are devout (my dad is agnostic... my mom believes but mostly as its the cultural thing to do, not because she reads the bible or goes to church regularly)... but i remember when i told my mom i was pretty sure the whole thing was fake, her eyes got all wide and she was like "DONT TELL YOUR GRANDPARENTS"

id say by the end of middle school years i didnt believe anymore. and that really just has become more resolute as time has gone by

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to pretty much every Christian denomination, it is literally the word of Bible God.
    I don't believe that's true but you can list each denomination and if they believe that if you want to prove it.

The majority of Christians do not believe that.

Sacred Scripture is the written testimony of the divine Word, the canonical memory that attests to the event of Revelation. However, the Word of God precedes the Bible and surpasses it. That is why the centre of our faith isn't just a book, but a salvation history and above all a person, Jesus Christ, the Word of God made flesh. - The Pope

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did I become an atheist? I just read the whole bible

Seriously...a talking snake, a two-headed dragon, slavery, animal sacrifices, noah's ark, walking on water, etc. How people still believe this blows my mind.

There are over 4,000 religions. Do Christians really think that because they were born at the right place and at the right time that their religion is the one and that Jesus is the true God?

Religion was made up by men to brainwash and control people

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe that's true but you can list each denomination and if they believe that if you want to prove it.

The majority of Christians do not believe that.

Sacred Scripture is the written testimony of the divine Word, the canonical memory that attests to the event of Revelation. However, the Word of God precedes the Bible and surpasses it. That is why the centre of our faith isn't just a book, but a salvation history and above all a person, Jesus Christ, the Word of God made flesh. - The Pope
    Snakeboy is right.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/210704/...-word-god.aspx

Only 30% of Christians in 2017 believed that the Bible was the literal word of God. Most believe it is "God-inspired."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did I become an atheist? I just read the whole bible
    This is not unusual. I was turned off by Christianity by the early OT chapters where God is commanding the Israelites to basically slaughter and pillage all of the other tribes.

Then less than 3000 years later he comes back as Jesus and is like, "Just kidding, love your enemies."

I love Jesus' teachings. The OT, and much of Paul's, not so much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would have guessed that a triggered Atheist would spam this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Depends on your interpretation. All Christians believe salvation comes only through Jesus but that does not mean, to the majority Christians, that all non Christians are doomed to .
    My anecdotal evidence says your anecdotal evidence about a "majority" believing that way is way off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snakeboy is right.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/210704/...-word-god.aspx

Only 30% of Christians in 2017 believed that the Bible was the literal word of God. Most believe it is "God-inspired."
    Gallup poll =/= denominational belief

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My anecdotal evidence says your anecdotal evidence about a "majority" believing that way is way off.
    My qualitative evidence posted above trumps your anecdotal evidence.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i cant fathom how grown adults can still have imaginary friends and really think some dude in the clouds is watching over them and actually gives a about their meaningless lives ing sad, really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gallup poll =/= denominational belief
    The poll breaks out Catholics and Protestants. You said "pretty much every denomination." If this were the case, those percentages would be higher than 35% and 21%, respectively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not down for that type of homework assignment just for you.

I'll meet you half way tho. You pick a Christian denomination you might snag me on, and I'll post the text plus link.

Thread Information