Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And before you ing reply with some dumbass retort, don't come at me with "rules" as to positions. Fact is you still can't prove there isn't a god.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't disprove or prove there isn't a God. That's what Agnostic means. I'm not hedging . I'm just not siding with idiots.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you'll be crawling to a mosque at the end then

You're actually going to persist on this "mosque/muslim" tact for me, Blake? First, the Winester won't quote my in his response, then peeg s with my & now you with this. I never figured you 3 for such pedestrian behavior. I looked up to ya's.

Frankly, I'd always thought, even concerned that you all were better than me. I was mistaken.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can't disprove or prove there isn't a God. That's what Agnostic means. I'm not hedging . I'm just not siding with idiots.
    You will, when it serves only you.

You must proselytize, bomb. You can't just take from God. You must give, pass His word & teachings.

ADDENDUM:::I was walking a distance from my car to the bowling alley a few months, feeling sorry myself, I'd hung my head, ruminating as you've seen me do here. A kid came out the back of a pizza joint on the strip mall I was cutting thru. He was black and he watched me for a few seconds before he approached me. I wasn't alarmed because he was in a uniform. So, I slowed my pace and we crossed paths. He handed me a "business" card. It was a card for Jesus, an invite to read His word.

I didn't know that when he handed it to me. I stuck in my pocket, no words were spoken twixt us. I just put my head back down and kept walking. In the bowling alley I got a cold drink, sat down to watch the bowlers and remembered the card & pulled it out.

He proselytized the Cubster.
    Last edited by Thread; 09-05-2019 at 03:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    god save us all tbh

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    god save us all tbh
    Do you practice Judaism like your grandfather? Are you a Christian? Or an Agnostic/atheist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you practice Judaism like your grandfather? Are you a Christian? Or an Agnostic/atheist?
    you can't put me into a box tbh.

as well, you can't be Jewish unless your mother is or you convert which i never did and never intend to do.

am i christian? no. am i agnostic? no. am i atheist? no. however, i do believe in a higher being/energy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    W

but I accept your surrender
    Lol "w"

I'll accept that you interpret "sacred scripture is the word of God" as something different from those words

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a lot of different standards and qualifications for membership. Ultimately, it's up to the church to decide. Given that the Bible is open to interpretation and given that, as we established, most Christians don't believe the Bible is to be taken literally, it shouldn't be surprising that most churches don't require literal and 100% adherence to Biblical doctrine.
    If a church decides to go Methodist then it's implied they are conforming to the universal standards of being a Methodist.

I get that many non-denominational Christians nowadays are trying to get away from that word "literal" because they realize how stupid much of the literal Bible is. They want to be able to have wiggle room out of the awful laws and barbaric acts of the Old Testament.

That's why I'm clearly stating "denomination" which the word "doctrine" goes with unless the individual church says different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like they are just hedging their bets. " hey, I dont feel like following the instructions in the owners manual, but I'm gonna claim I believe just in case that afterlife is true..."
    Exactly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol "w"

I'll accept that you interpret "sacred scripture is the word of God" as something different from those words
    The W is capitalized

You still don't know what the pope means when he references the Word of God. It isn't the bible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The W is capitalized

You still don't know what the pope means when he references the Word of God. It isn't the bible.
    What is referencing as "sacred scripture"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is referencing as "sacred scripture"
    lol It's all explained in your own link if you read it. You'd understand if you took my advice to learn what the Word of God means to Catholics.

and stop editing the sentence down further and further

"In fact, Sacred Scripture is the Word of God in that it is written down under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. "

^ the full sentence doesn't support your premise. Once again, Word of God is not a reference to words on paper.

Honestly, I'm not going to play Sunday school teacher here, I'm not even Catholic. Your self chosen task was to prove that the Catholic church believes the bible is the literal word of God. I'm just trying to help you not make the same mistake over and over but clearly it's not working.

You can keep trying but you were right to throw in the towel the first time because you are wrong and that is not what the Catholic church believes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not gonna play grammar teacher here either. I'll just have to disagree with your anecdotal interpretation.

Unless you want to lay out your idea of what laws and stories are literally true in the Bible and what aren't.

I'll go ahead and accept your thread ejection coming in 3...2...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not gonna play grammar teacher here either. I'll just have to disagree with your anecdotal interpretation.

Unless you want to lay out your idea of what laws and stories are literally true in the Bible and what aren't.

lol You are the one failing at your own self chosen challenge. Now you are trying to move the goalpost.

Here, one last attempt to help you understand Word does not mean word

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-Chapter-1/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now stop deflecting and prove that you know more about what the Catholic Church believes than the ing Pope.

Or just admit you are wrong. Which you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now stop deflecting and prove that you know more about what the Catholic Church believes than the ing Pope.

You didn't define "sacred scripture" in either of those two wordy posts.

Those words are the Pope's words, not mine. Define those words or I'll just put you down for blathering arrogant ejection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol You are the one failing at your own self chosen challenge. Now you are trying to move the goalpost.

https://dailyverses.net/2-timothy/3/16-17

God inspired with his breath!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Those words are the Pope's words, not mine. Define those words or I'll just put you down for blathering arrogant ejection.
    "Wordy"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're flailing now but at least you've moved on from confusing The Word with words on paper, progress.

You pick a Christian denomination you might snag me on, and I'll post the text plus link.
    Still waiting. Show me that the Catholic Church believes the bible is literally the word (not The Word) of bible God.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to bed now but I do look forward to what your google searches come up with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're actually going to persist on this "mosque/muslim" tact for me, Blake? First, the Winester won't quote my in his response, then peeg s with my & now you with this. I never figured you 3 for such pedestrian behavior. I looked up to ya's.

Frankly, I'd always thought, even concerned that you all were better than me. I was mistaken.
    It's logic. If you're gonna say we'll all be praying to God at the end for insurance, then might as well cover all the religious bases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're flailing now but at least you've moved on from confusing The Word with words on paper, progress.

Still waiting. Show me that the Catholic Church believes the bible is literally the word (not The Word) of bible God.
    I already did. Sorry this doesn't say what you think it says:

Here's a quote you left out from that same speech from 2018:

"In fact, Sacred Scripture is the Word of God in that it is written down under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit."

https://www.learnreligions.com/pope-...of-god-3970724
    I'm not flailing. I'm specifically asking you in plain terms what you think "Sacred Scripture" means. It's even posted in capital letters.

But hey, go to sleep in comfort with that W you gave yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deflection activated

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deflection activated
    Deflecting
    I'm just 'ing at your stupid aspersions.

Thread Information