Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

I have had a hard time buying in to organized religion since I was about 10. This was probably the first bible verse that just struck me as being wrong. I had already been indoctrinated in "heaven" and " " but it defied logic that someone in India or China that otherwise lived an exemplary life would go to for not knowing about Jesus.

Any true believers in here? Are we all agnostics or non believers? Will we be having a Spurstalk Political Forum GTG in ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'm the only open Christian here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'm the only open Christian here
    Hmmm. Southern Baptist?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I go to church and I believe in its potential value to the community, but I'm agnostic when it comes to a literal view of God and Jesus Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm. Southern Baptist?
    Sorta. Nondemoninational.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You'll do the (old bell & steeple shuffle) if you're lucky enough that you ain't taken by surprise.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

I have had a hard time buying in to organized religion since I was about 10. This was probably the first bible verse that just struck me as being wrong. I had already been indoctrinated in "heaven" and " " but it defied logic that someone in India or China that otherwise lived an exemplary life would go to for not knowing about Jesus.

Any true believers in here? Are we all agnostics or non believers? Will we be having a Spurstalk Political Forum GTG in ?
    I think Blake is the biggest one here....

true believer - that is...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorta. Nondemoninational.
    LOL...was that intentional?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...was that intentional?
    ?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think Blake is the biggest one here....

true believer - that is...
    I don't think so, Homer. He told me to go myself a week ago. That don't sound like a true believer, fart-face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol demon spelling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dang my bad. y'all know what i meant!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That was always one of my issues. You could also say Native Americans... whoever. Those who are allowed into heaven is dictated by being born in the right place and right time. Doesn't seem right. For an all-knowing, loving Father who created us all in his own image... this seems to be a massive oversight.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agnostic here. atheists.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd say I am but I guess it depends on what you mean by true believer. Sounds like you were being taught a rigid interpretation of the bible. Other denominations have different views. Even the Vatican says non christians and non believers can go to Heaven.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd say I am but I guess it depends on what you mean by true believer. Sounds like you were being taught a rigid interpretation of the bible. Other denominations have different views. Even the Vatican says non christians and non believers can go to Heaven.
    See how one is afraid at health, whispers & downcast eyes, but, at threat, is loud inside & outside the church, put's one's belief in broad daylight where God can easily, readily see & hear it, so, He makes no mistake..."not everyone will be treated all the same."

Nobody wants to watch the golden ladder reaching down & forbidden to mount it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Religion has ed up mankind across the planet for 1000s of years, by dividing people into ingroups vs outgroups, engendering murderous violence and wars, none of which accomplished much except to up mankind and distract mankind from what really matters.

So, religion

This is not to say that every religion has some excellent, humane, bona fide members.

Catholics vs Jews (Spanish Inquisition)

Catholics vs Protestants (French wars of religion)

Muslim vs Muslim (shia vs sunni)

Muslim vs Jew

Christian vs Jew

Muslim vs Christian

Muslim vs Hindu

etc, etc, etc what a ing shtorm religion has produced and always will.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-05-2019 at 12:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Straight out of the King James version. Language seemed pretty specific. Believe in Jesus or go to .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Religion has ed up mankind across the planet for 1000s of years, by dividing people into ingroups vs outgroups, engendering murderous violence and wars, none of which accomplished much except to up mankind and distract mankind from what really matters.

So, religion

This is not to say that every religion has some excellent, humane, bona fide members.

Catholics vs Jews (Spanish Inquisition)

Catholics vs Protestants (French wars of religion)

Muslim vs Muslim (shia vs sunni)

Muslim vs Jew

Christian vs Jew

Muslim vs Christian

Muslim vs Hindu

etc, etc, etc what a ing shtorm religiond produce.
    & you too, bouts, will do that bell & steeple shuffle, just as sure as the turnin' of the earth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cat in the hat can override the word of god?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cat in the hat can override the word of god?
    The bible is not the Word of God.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs