My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan Peterson: Without Religion There's No Art & Poetry & Morality

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    For God to have a son and a mother just is hard for me to accept, even though I've given Xtianity a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good grief, that jordan peterson clip

"I dont believe in God"

"yes you do, you just don't know it"

for s sake...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

I have had a hard time buying in to organized religion since I was about 10. This was probably the first bible verse that just struck me as being wrong. I had already been indoctrinated in "heaven" and " " but it defied logic that someone in India or China that otherwise lived an exemplary life would go to for not knowing about Jesus.

Any true believers in here? Are we all agnostics or non believers? Will we be having a Spurstalk Political Forum GTG in ?
    Qhris says he is.

Phenonomaul is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For God to have a son and a mother just is hard for me to accept, even though I've given Xtianity a chance.
    Lol but you'll bow down to an ideology of hate brought upon by a sick old pedophile. Dip !

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lol but you'll bow down to an ideology of hate brought upon by a sick old pedophile. Dip !
    Ideology of peace brought upon by perhaps the most based man to ever live.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideology of peace brought upon by perhaps the most based man to ever live.
    You're a sick individual too just like mohammad the pedophile so it's just logical you'd bow down to such a loser.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Rogan Vs Openly Christian sexual Milo Yiannopoulos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not how it works.

A businessman would conclude that Judaism was too demanding, they needed a reprieve from all the giving and dedication of their lives to a belief system. They used the prophesy to conjure up dozens, if not hundreds of christs. Those who settled on that particular Jesus of Nazareth narrative did a lot to carry that to the rest of the world, and tbh Paul of Tarsus never even met Jesus, but spent a lot of time creating the religion we know now as Christianity, as did the Constantine and the CoN (Council of Nicea). Men decided what books were good and what books weren't, and there were a ton of books.

There's so many politics behind religion that, by necessity, it has to be false.

The odds that someone's religion is true, imo, are so low that it bears basically ignoring the suggestion. Consider how many religions there are, and give them all basically the same odds of being true, and you still have less than the odds that intelligent alien life exists and will swoop down and take humans to a different planet. We haven't built any landing pads for them. There are churches and everywhere.

The odds are much better that no religion is true, especially deity based religions. What that leaves you with, when you realize that (really realize it, not just yap about it) might not be solid enough for some people, so they prefer the charade of having a sky buddy and hanging with other like minded adults pretending to be a community.
    Last edited by DMC; 09-11-2019 at 10:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. It's hard to accept that dead is just...dead. the pla udes that "he/she is in a better place now" that you hear at every death just rings so false to me.

My Team
    Brooklyn Nets
    Post Count
    Yes, I am truly believing in Allah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Religion Is An Excuse

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You're a sick individual too just like mohammad the pedophile so it's just logical you'd bow down to such a loser.
    Boiled down:::

Muhammad-GOAT
    Koriwhat-calf tats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fify

Boiled down:::

Muhammad-GOAT-fvcker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Prosperity Gospel' Televangelist Flips & Scolds Fellow Charlatan Pastors!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Hagee EXPOSED. Is He Being Trained by Kabbalah Wizards? A Challenge to Christian Zionists (Part 1/2)

Part 2

John Hagee says Jesus didn't come to be the Messiah. How can Christians not see through this false preacher?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Religion Limits Us - David Icke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Pastor: God Wants Humans To Destroy The Environment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pastor Speaking In Tongues Can't Stop Checking His Phone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ didn't watch but why is there a bottle of Olive oil there

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ didn't watch but why is there a bottle of Olive oil there
    Biblical cuck scholar doesn't know? I'm sure you'll come up with a jaded cuck version if you need to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Perry Says Trump Is Chosen By God

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

I have had a hard time buying in to organized religion since I was about 10. This was probably the first bible verse that just struck me as being wrong. I had already been indoctrinated in "heaven" and " " but it defied logic that someone in India or China that otherwise lived an exemplary life would go to for not knowing about Jesus.

Any true believers in here? Are we all agnostics or non believers? Will we be having a Spurstalk Political Forum GTG in ?
    Atheist. To be more precise an agnostic atheist.

Sat the on the fence for a while, until an agreement with an evangelical friend had me looking at the arguments/evidence for his version of God. I found a lot of really really bad arguments, and it occurred to be that the creator of the universe should be able to do a LOT better.

Either you believe a God exists, or you don't. If you don't you are an atheist.

Either you claim you know there is no God, or you don't. (gnosticism)

I think the level of evidence to prove there is no god is on par with the amount of evidence required to prove a god exists. Both are far beyond what we have now, or ever may have.

I can say the God of the Bible, or Quran doesn't exist, because the very concepts of God put forth in books like that are flawed to the point of logical impossibility.

If there is a being that might qualify as a god, I see no evidence that being has any hand in the universe or cares about our existence.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 11-26-2019 at 11:27 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. It's hard to accept that dead is just...dead. the pla udes that "he/she is in a better place now" that you hear at every death just rings so false to me.
    A "just so" story. We have no evidence that souls exist. Look up the concept of "ensoulment", such as "do twins share a soul"? what about chimeras? (fraternal twins that merge into one embroyo) etc.

Everything we know about existence shows that it ends when the brain dies. Damage the brain, the person changes.

Thread Information