My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/2019/09/06/sa...povich-new-era

Part of decent article:

....The Spurs have invested plenty in their backcourt and wings in recent years. They drafted point guard Dejounte Murray out of Washington in the first round of the 2016 draft, then doubled down with Colorado’s Derrick White in the 2017 draft. The two lead guards were joined by a pair of wings in 2018 and 2019, with San Antonio selecting Miami’s Lonnie Walker and Kentucky’s Keldon Johnson in the first round. It wouldn’t be shocking to see DeRozan leave San Antonio before July 2021, more likely being dealt as an expiring next season. If the Spurs aren’t willing to re-up on a deal for DeRozan, its wealth of backcourt draft picks will need to lead the way in the next decade.

San Antonio’s first rounders in 2016 and 2017 provide the greatest reason for optimism. Murray is already among one of the elite defensive guards in basketball, earning All-Defense honors in 2017-18, just his second season in the league. The 22-year-old entered last season widely touted as a potential breakout candidate before a torn ACL. Murray played on three of San Antonio’s top four three-man lineups by net-rating last season. Only six defenders posted a better defensive rating in the entire NBA. Murray’s shot remains a work in progress, but he grew as a playmaker in his second season. If he can regain his pre-injury athleticism, Murray projects to be a building block in the Lone Star State for years to come.

Murray fits the athletic profile of a potential All-Star in the backcourt. He’s 6’5” with an even longer wingspan, twitchy and stout defensively. White isn’t built in the same mold. Lightly recruited out of high school before joining Colorado as a transfer from Division II, White doesn’t boast an imposing frame. Yet he’s an impact defender and an impressive leaper near the tin, unafraid to attack the rim with authority. White dominated the Nuggets with 36 points in Game 3 of the first round last season, then continued his rise by earning a spot on Team USA at the FIBA World Cup. He appears to be garnering the same preseason praise as Murray from a year ago. ...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really excited to see how Dejounte looks this season. And damn I wonder if Lonnie is ready for rotation minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White's size is underrated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoiled. We are used to LDN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoiled. We are used to LDN.
    Yeah, we were... DG14 was a decent 3 and D guy on the cheap who also was a good locker room guy and he did great community work that didn't go unnoticed. He's missed, except for those missed 3 pointers and his poor ball handling skills, although he showed signs of some improvement. White on the other hand, is not too shabby himself! The good thing about him is that he's still developing, but already he has some good tangible skills that will make him surpass Green eventually. If White can improve on his 3 point shooting, this guy will be a great value for the Spurs that will impact this team for years to come! But I'm looking forward to seeing what the next generation of the Spurs will do in the near future. We have some good prospects with potential and promise! Can't wait for the season to get started!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Also, his functional athleticism & ability to move & change speed & directions in small, tight space is ridiculous & allows him to contest shots from all types of players, even ones who are taller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murray will outshine white in every way this season .that said, white is going to be an excellent 6th man and will be for his entire career in SA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope one dont demand a trade cause other taking his time n eventually money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WE are developing great young players who can play in different slots. Depth, depth, depth. If Pop can put 'the beautiful game" together with a running game, we can run some teams off the court in exhaustion.

On defense, we have enough speed at guard and SF to play some zone and get some steals. We should lead the league in steals next season.

Thread Information