Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By Rebecca Shabad
    WASHINGTON — The House on Friday narrowly passed a $3 trillion coronavirus relief package crafted by Democrats that would include another round of stimulus payments of up to $1,200 per person.

President Donald Trump this week declared the Democrats' proposal "DOA."

Similar to the first major coronavirus aid package signed into law in late March, the 1,815-page HEROES Act would provide up to $1,200 in payments (or $2,400 for married couples), with an extra $1,200 per dependent up to a maximum of three. The income thresholds are the same as in the earlier CARES Act, with money for people making up to $99,000 and couples up to $198,000. The amount would start to reduce from $1,200 above thresholds of $75,000 and $150,000, respectively.

The bill passed by a vote of 208-199 and now heads to the Senate. One Republican backed the bill, while 14 Democrats voted against it.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...money-n1207816

To allow access to the payments for immigrants, the measure removes the requirement of a Social Security number from CARES Act and allows people to file tax returns with a taxpayer identification number (or TIN).

The HEROES legislation also includes:

-Nearly $1 trillion in aid to state and local governments

-Extending $600-per-week addition for unemployment benefits through January 2021

-Expanded coronavirus testing, contact tracing and treatment and a requirement for the Trump administration to develop a national testing strategy

-Enhancing tax credits for employers to keep workers on their payrolls

-Support to help renters and homeowners make monthly rent, mortgage and utility payments

-$10 billion for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, to support anticipated increases in participation for food stamps

-$3.6 billion for grants to states for contingency planning and preparation for elections for federal office

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This should be interesting to see where this goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As pelosi said, it's a starting point for negotiations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is unless they agree to limits on employer liability it's going nowhere. Call it the "Trial Lawyers Trillion Dollar Bonanza Act". No matter where you get the covid it's your employers fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Political theater pathetic, no way I am supporting another stimulus check when I got screwed over on the first one. Welfare gtfo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason Trump signed on to the first stimulus was because he'd thought it'd be politically advantageous. It didn't pan out that way so I doubt he'll want to give away money for no return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think people in Washington do things other then for politically advantage ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS5 is around the corner.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOA. Democrats always prioritizing illegal immigrants over the working class SMH. If they would stop giving a about undo ented immigrants people wouldn't hate them so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is unless they agree to limits on employer liability it's going nowhere. Call it the "Trial Lawyers Trillion Dollar Bonanza Act". No matter where you get the covid it's your employers fault.
    Why do we need special liability coverage though? We already have worker's comp in place. What's wrong with it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason Trump signed on to the first stimulus was because he'd thought it'd be politically advantageous. It didn't pan out that way so I doubt he'll want to give away money for no return.
    If the new checks and loans say "Vote Trump 2020" he'll sign it in a heartbeat... that's all that really matters to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's also DOA because companies already got bailed out, tbh... by both parties.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its DOA because Dems try to hamfist their illegal policies underneath thr guise of relief

Nancy 'you have to sign it before you can what's in it' Pelosi

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's also DOA because companies already got bailed out, tbh... by both parties.
    it's DOA because Moscow Mitch doesn't get his $100Bs for a Repug/Trash slush fund, CARES $100Bs was raped in secrecy by Repugs

This bill is more aid for unemployed, and esp aid for states and municipalities that were not in CARES bill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do we need special liability coverage though? We already have worker's comp in place. What's wrong with it?
    Because workers comp is designed for immediately identifying an injury and reporting it...like the same day a report has to be done even if the injury ( let's say a slip and fall) doesnt require a doctors care or hospitalization. You have to report it as it happens. On an illness that may not show up for weeks there is no pinpointing whether the covid happened at work or at the bar after work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the new checks and loans say "Vote Trump 2020" he'll sign it in a heartbeat... that's all that really matters to him.
    Lol you just found out that everything you do in life is one ad after the other. SLOW

900 DPH / Proud Narc
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Chris is so triggered he’s mistyping and forgetting to write entire words
    These rubes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a mind reader?

The right: political reasons

The left: Goodness of their hearts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because workers comp is designed for immediately identifying an injury and reporting it...like the same day a report has to be done even if the injury ( let's say a slip and fall) doesnt require a doctors care or hospitalization. You have to report it as it happens. On an illness that may not show up for weeks there is no pinpointing whether the covid happened at work or at the bar after work.
    But the point is that companies already have an out. Right now, if it's not a worker's comp claim, company is off the hook.

To me what this looks like is trying to look for guarantees that if companies don't follow protocol and put their workers at risk, they want a legal shield, and that's just bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol you just found out that everything you do in life is one ad after the other. SLOW
    what are you babbling about? this is a POTUS that delayed relief checks in the middle of a pandemic to make sure they had his name on it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a mind reader?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

Is almost as if Trump wanted you to know he was the reason you got the check as if you owed him something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

Is almost as if Trump wanted you to know he was the reason you got the check as if you owed him something.
    I didn't get a check.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't get a check.
    Neither did I, tbh... was going to donate it to the ACLU if I received one anyways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither did I, tbh... was going to donate it to the ACLU if I received one anyways
    Us 1%ers need to stick together imo

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's the line. One wonders how much they really believe that.

Thread Information