Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^Yeah, I know it's an alien concept, any one with 5k plus message board posts never lived in a project. It's not bloggable. e-cred speaks more to that type of netizen.
    You live in the projects?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williams has been long-time estranged from the Leonards, even before Kawhi was drafted. There's apparently some truth to the rumor that Kawhi's father Mark Leonard was connected to the streets. After his death, Mark's mother--Kawhi's paternal grandmother--laid claim to whatever assets Mark left behind and Kimesha was the sole child among five siblings who sided with her. I guess Kimesha was the daddy's girl. Then Kawhi landed an nba contract and the grandma and Williams also wanted a share of the pie, prompting Kim Robertson to cut them off entirely.

Not to be callous, but Kawhi having a direct family member in the correctional system is only going to deepen his street cred in SoCal. The Clippers' summer moves suggest they are tackling this Battle for LA beef by growing a grassroots fanbase from the youths of South LA, Moreno and Inglewood, kids who will mature in their Clipper rep to no doubt coincide with the opening of Ballmer's new arena in four years' time. These innercity kids are no strangers to losing family members, including ostensible breadwinners, to the correctional system. A lot of native Cali ballers also paid tribute to Nipsey Hussle after his shooting but Kawhi was the only baller to share a Nike-sponsored video with the rapper. More street cred. Of course you will never see Clippers media directly promoting this angle since it goes against Commissioner Silver's desire for a squeaky clean, family friendly image of the league, post-Iverson and post-Oughts. The blogs and social media channels who do not represent hooping innercity kids would only cursorily touch it, if at all. But in the streets, talk, real face-to-face talk unmediated by a keypad the way neighbors still do, will be uncut and unimpeded. SoCal youths will watch Kawhi on their phones and see him on billboards thinking there goes that hometown kid.
    Source?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Maybe kawhi's family is inbred, tbh. He's autistic and his sister is a downy murderer

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You live in the projects?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    WTF is this street cred nonsense?
    He posted a vid with Nip yall act like he rolled on some street soldiers. Lakers have the thug gangsta elements on lock in socal. OG rapper thugs Cube Snoop and Game as well as the younger ones Kendrick, School boy, Nipsey are all Laker fans. Of course the youth will too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF is this street cred nonsense?
    He posted a vid with Nip yall act like he rolled on some street soldiers. Lakers have the thug gangsta elements on lock in socal. OG rapper thugs Cube Snoop and Game as well as the younger ones Kendrick, School boy, Nipsey are all Laker fans. Of course the youth will too.
    And none of them mother ers would ever go down Alameda without bodyguards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi isn't at all responsible for the actions of his siblings or inlaws. He doesn't get blame or credit. As far as I know he's done nothing to earn negative rep from it, street or otherwise. I refuse to participate in taunting him about it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi isn't at all responsible for the actions of his siblings or inlaws. He doesn't get blame or credit. As far as I know he's done nothing to earn negative rep from it, street or otherwise. I refuse to participate in taunting him about it.
    Muh highroad

Sorry, dude. It's a poor reflection on him. Particularly given his recent actions on his own accord.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Muh highroad

Sorry, dude. It's a poor reflection on him. Particularly given his recent actions on his own accord.
    It cannot be. He has zero control over what other people do. I mean, Amy... Enough said.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It cannot be. He has zero control over what other people do. I mean, Amy... Enough said.
    Your point is not null and void on an academic level. On a fundamental level, it's wholly another thing. This reflects very poorly on Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your point is not null and void on an academic level. On a fundamental level, it's wholly another thing. This reflects very poorly on Kawhi.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. It makes his family look petty as , and perhaps you can say he abandoned his sister and forced her to beat up an old lady for pocket change, but then you get into free will vs determinism.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll have to agree to disagree. It makes his family look petty as , and perhaps you can say he abandoned his sister and forced her to beat up an old lady for pocket change, but then you get into free will vs determinism.
    Where was Kawhi to keep her from this kind of activity? Is he not to be held to account?

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    His sister going to jail is not going to give him any street cred. Female criminals never get street cred in the youth gang culture.
    Street cred doesn't mean jack in LA to anyone under 40. This ain't the 90s and, except for a few blocks in Watts, the only young 'uns who are set-tripping are in Diez Y Ocho. So many knuckleheads were killed/jailed in the 80s and 90s that there was an exodus of youngsters out to the Antelope Valley, Inland Empire & even Fresno to get away from South Central.

In the day, some kids grew up idolizing the OGs, etc., but gentrification and the exodus of Blacks out of the city have really reduced the black gangs to a distant memory (except, again, for maybe 2 or 3 blocks in Watts and 2 or 3 in Compton).

You go down Crenshaw and you are MUCH more likely to see white & asian mothers with dogs & strollers than you are a gangbanger. The Baldwin Hills/Crenshaw Mall caters to them now! Go to Inglewood and it's rapidly becoming the same way - especially with the new stadium driving up housing prices.

There is only one majority black high school (Crenshaw) in the city and that likely changes in the next 2 years. There's NO majority black city council districts and really no more black neighborhoods. If you go to LA and look for Boyz in da Hood, you better speak spanglish and learn how to say "barrio." (According to some DA friends, the Asian Gangs are on the rise, too).

If you want to find active black gangs with youngsters in southern Cali, you really have to go to San Bernardino, Rialto, Riverside or Lancaster/Palmdale. Only the old heads are in LA.

Kawhi will have to earn his cred on the basketball court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where was Kawhi to keep her from this kind of activity? Is he not to be held to account?
    He's not her parent. Most of us have at least one person in the family that tweaks off and does stupid and you cannot do anything about it. Kawhi likely distanced himself from that so he can focus on his career and create a wealthy family branch rather than being dragged down by the antics of that beast.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not her parent. Most of us have at least one person in the family that tweaks off and does stupid and you cannot do anything about it. Kawhi likely distanced himself from that so he can focus on his career and create a wealthy family branch rather than being dragged down by the antics of that beast.
    He had the means; and that this happened in the offseason shows how little he cared. I guess you could say it's not so bad he didn't care; but it's not so good either. For me, it just is signal of what I've come to know about his low character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had the means; and that this happened in the offseason shows how little he cared. I guess you could say it's not so bad he didn't care; but it's not so good either. For me, it just is signal of what I've come to know about his low character.
    Many of us have the means relative to what our tweaked off relatives are facing, but you burn your bridges after awhile. It took Pop only a few years to burn his and he's likely a better person.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many of us have the means relative to what our tweaked off relatives are facing, but you burn your bridges after awhile. It took Pop only a few years to burn his and he's likely a better person.
    I don't know how burning bridges with a troubled family member is supposed to make one better, tbh.

And what bridge did Pop burn?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kiwi replacement?

$128M for Marcus Morris and this dude? at Clipper Nation

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Horton gonna be special, Fernando. He keeps working on his game

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Horton gonna be special, Fernando. He keeps working on his game

I'm tempering my excitement. I thought Ramon Sessions was our answer to Tony Parker

He does look good. Nice stint on the floor vs Houston in the playoffs. Vogel is bringing him along slowly. He's being mentored by the GOAT and AD (Chitown connection). So I'm hopeful.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I'm tempering my excitement. I thought Ramon Sessions was our answer to Tony Parker

He does look good. Nice stint on the floor vs Houston in the playoffs. Vogel is bringing him along slowly. He's being mentored by the GOAT and AD (Chitown connection). So I'm hopeful.

I think you can afford to be a little hyped, tbh. He's getting praise everywhere and has physical gifts like koonie size hands, works extremely hard and never seems to slack off. Sessions turned out decent after some years but he wasn't gifted in any way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta love all the useless analysis that follows Lebron from city to city, about other players impact on the teams when it's just Lebron being there really. It doesn't matter what most of these other clowns do, the ring follows the king.

Thread Information