Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your avi is the reason. nobody wanted to play for poop in 2004–> olympics loss. same thing happened post timmy (kawhi, every non FA) and happened again for this tournament

Poop

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These weren't the Olympics though.
    Uh isn't that what they are heading towards? Summer 2020?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan of that comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh isn't that what they are heading towards? Summer 2020?
    Nah, this is the World Cup. Pretty ing big deal on itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No surprise, Pop just doesn't have it anymore.

"It" of course is Timmy Duncan.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's some kind of tournament going on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball is a world sport. Don't expect to give only your C team and win the world cup. Pretty simple.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have love to seen what Coach K would have done. I think they would at least medal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, this is the World Cup. Pretty ing big deal on itself.
    Big deal to who? The owners paying the players 20 plus mil a year to around in NON-NBA games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big deal to who? The owners paying the players 20 plus mil a year to around in NON-NBA games?
    Nop, to every basketball fan around the Globe except the US, apparently. Untill they get their handed to them, that's when they care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nop, to every basketball fan around the Globe except the US, apparently. Untill they get their handed to them, that's when they care.
    They should never care. Let the College kids plays. The world loves basketball, and I get that the 92 Dream Team was a part of that.. But it's done. The game is not going to stop growing because the US sends out teams from now on. The top guys once they become vets won't play on Team USA.. The season is too grueling and nobody counts this on your legacy. You have to win in the NBA..

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To a certain extent winning is random. Let me know the next time in a one off the best team always wins.

The best team does always win. The best team today. Team USA wasn't the best team today.

If you look really closely, I wasn't commenting on the loss - it was about Pop's "life goes on" comment. If you really believe that Team USA was the best team, and they still lost, it means they didn't execute. (France shot well, but they weren't unconscious.) I want a guy who is pissed after a bad loss, because the better team didn't execute. This team lost to Australia right before the tournament, squeaked out an OT win against Turkey, and lost by 10 to France. And Pop says, "Life will go on." He'll go out tonight and have a few bottles of wine, and never think about it again. If he doesn't give a , why should I? And if that's not what he meant, he should have said something else.

There's some kind of tournament going on?

If Team USA never went to the World Cup again, I wouldn't lose any sleep. But if you're going to compete, give a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team is just not very good. No top 20 player & a bunch of young talent with a fair likelihood that none become bondafide stars, including Mitc & Tatum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should never care. Let the College kids plays. The world loves basketball, and I get that the 92 Dream Team was a part of that.. But it's done. The game is not going to stop growing because the US sends out teams from now on. The top guys once they become vets won't play on Team USA.. The season is too grueling and nobody counts this on your legacy. You have to win in the NBA..
    Yeah well, when they realized they can't no longer send C or B teams and win anyways they started to give a . And it wasn't just the players, when NBA management realized they began to lose prestige they started to get the players to represent team US.

Or do you think that the NBA is cool with letting everyone realize that suppossed "star players" like Kemba Walker or Donovan Mitc aren't really all that better than what you might find in Europe? Their product depends on selling the idea that they have all the best players the World has to offer.

Also, good luck with convincing NBA players from other countries not to participate in the World Cup and Olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah well, when they realized they can't no longer send C or B teams and win anyways they started to give a . And it wasn't just the players, when NBA management realized they began to lose prestige they started to get the players to represent team US.

Or do you think that the NBA is cool with letting everyone realize that suppossed "star players" like Kemba Walker or Donovan Mitc aren't really all that better than what you might find in Europe? Their product depends on selling the idea that they have all the best players the World has to offer.

Also, good luck with convincing NBA players from other countries not to participate in the World Cup and Olympics.
    It is not relevant to their job. They don't get paid to play, and it takes away from their actual job. In a time when Load MGT is becoming the norm, and we obsess on players winning rings to the point, we say they are " " without them. The days of the top US pros playing on Team USA will go extinct. It does nothing for their legacy. The NBA season is too long. Not worth playing on Team USA.. Duncan was on that 2004 team. Well ask him what was more important? A 4th and 5th ring, or playing in the summer for Team USA trying to win the Gold? He did NOT Skip out simply because it was a bad taste in 2004. It was not worth the miles on the body..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not relevant to their job. They don't get paid to play, and it takes away from their actual job. In a time when Load MGT is becoming the norm, and we obsess on players winning rings to the point, we say they are " " without them. The days of the top US pros playing on Team USA will go extinct. It does nothing for their legacy. The NBA season is too long. Not worth playing on Team USA.. Duncan was on that 2004 team. Well ask him what was more important? A 4th and 5th ring, or playing in the summer for Team USA trying to win the Gold? He did NOT Skip out simply because it was a bad taste in 2004. It was not worth the miles on the body..
    That's your reasoning. Experience shows that after every defeat NBA players (and managers) do care about International ball. Watch most tier 1 stars make a comeback for the olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your reasoning. Experience shows that after every defeat NBA players (and managers) do care about International ball. Watch most tier 1 stars make a comeback for the olympics.
    They might get a new crop of young players to go.. Not when they become vets.. NBA season is too long..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might get a new crop of young players to go.. Not when they become vets.. NBA season is too long..
    Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Durant, Harden, etc. Weren't vets when they decides they couldn't let a B team get embarrassed again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have love to seen what Coach K would have done. I think they would at least medal.
    Lol, Coach K. Arguably the most overrated coach of all time. College coaches with loaded, paid rosters playing undermanned inferior schools. Lets all worship them for their deep pockets, er I mean success and excellence. Get real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Durant, Harden, etc. Weren't vets when they decides they couldn't let a B team get embarrassed again?
    Load MGT and media obsession over rings.. It is a new day..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Load MGT and media obsession over rings.. It is a new day..
    Yeah? We will see what happens in the Olympics. So far history indicates that most tier 1 players will suit up to avoid another loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Life would go on if we just stopped doing the ing World Cup. Save a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of wear and tear on players. Life would definitely go on.

But if you're going to do something, play to win and act like you care when you lose. Athletes who really, really hate to lose... lose a lot less. I'm sure the same goes for coaches. If you want to win crazy bad, you approach things differently. If you're ing indifferent to a loss? You sound like Pop did right there. Winning isn't random. "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" is what losers say.
    Yeah, cause you are more well versed in winning than a HOF coach with 5 NBA les on his resume? As if his "at ude" postgame had anything to do with the actually outcome of the game. You sound stupid as , man.

I'm sorry his pragmatism seems to bother and "insult" you overly sensitive, "armchair" GM's/coaches.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, cause you are more well versed in winning than a HOF coach with 5 NBA les on his resume?

LOL. Did I say I was a better coach than Pop, you insignificant little bug? People have been making up myths about me for thousands of years. You're not even very good at it.

I don't like his "Life will go on" comment. Deal with it. Or don't.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Phil Jackson could have been coaching them and they still would have lost. Not deep enough and the NBA has become a global game now and players are better and at or near NBA level. If players in the NBA want the USA to win the gold medal, show up and play for your country next go round. A head coach can't beat five players on the court, that is your job. Pop is a HOF head coach but hes limited to how stacked his roster is like any coach. This loss isn't on Pop it's on the NBA players that didn't show up to play for the gold.

Thread Information