My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a ing clown

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he wrong though? Anybody die as a result?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop just putting us out of misery so we can watch actually cohesive teams rather than a bunch of career role players and fake stars.

I'm sure pop doesn't want to be around these players any more than we want to watch said players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defeatist mindset per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Professional players should not be playing in the Olympics anyway. Go back to using all the college kids. It’s a waste of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is that a "defeatist mindset?"

He's calling like it is. They lost which sucks, but they need to regroup, win on Thursday and field a better team for the Olympics.

Pretty sure he understands "winning" and being a high level compe or better than anyone (constantly complaining about him) on these boards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Professional players should not be playing in the Olympics anyway. Go back to using all the college kids. It’s a waste of time.
    That won't work at all. Other nations (especially in Europe) will send professionals still while the USA would send (low tier) college players. Essentially, the same issue as this World Cup team especially if the NBA rids itself of the "one - and - done" rule during the next CBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That won't work at all. Other nations (especially in Europe) will send professionals still while the USA would send (low tier) college players. Essentially, the same issue as this World Cup team especially if the NBA rids itself of the "one - and - done" rule during the next CBA.
    That’s fine so we simply get our asses kicked. The bottom line is the players really don’t want to do this. The season is ridiculously long. We value how they play in the playoffs more than anything. And the NBA owners want nothing to do with their players playing. This whole system should’ve been abolished a long time ago. For the most part the players don’t want to participate. If some of the European players are more prideful and want to risk getting injured over the Olympics, OK that is fine. I don’t think the American players give a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Spurs fans we remember what it was like for Manu Ginobili dealing with all of his injuries at the end of every season and we had to listen to him talk about international play in the off-season. The is ridiculous.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, is he supposed to slash his wrists and jump off a cliff?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop had a weak JV team

Like most wealthy, NBA wealthiest don't GAF about anything but their money and certainly don't give a about the country

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop had a weak JV team

Like most wealthy, NBA wealthiest don't GAF about anything but their money and certainly don't give a about the country
    I agree with BD on this one regarding the top tier NBA players not really caring about their country. The Olympics are different than the world championships - the team will be very capable in two years. Hopefully Pop will provide adequate focus when the time comes. I'm not sure he had more than one top 25 Player on the WC team (Kimba). The kid from Utah is a really nice player. Still, this was the least talented USA team in the last 27 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure pop doesn't want to be around these players any more than we want to watch said players.
    Well, nobody forced him. If he didn't want to be around them he could let other coach to get the job.

Kids like Jaylen Brown, Donovan Mitc , Jayson Tatum, Myles Turner, even our D-White were training and traveling all summer. They deserved a coach that really wanted to work with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he wrong though? Anybody die as a result?
    Ask Kawhi's sister, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White once again blue balls fans with hints of good play only to come crashing down when it matters the most, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These weren't the Olympics though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The talent excuse is invalid. The US still had, arguably, the most talented roster in the compe ion.

The lack of time for preparation excuse is somewhat valid, but you expect the GOAT coach to do better than what he did.

This is definitely a stint in his resume.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Life would go on if we just stopped doing the ing World Cup. Save a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of wear and tear on players. Life would definitely go on.

But if you're going to do something, play to win and act like you care when you lose. Athletes who really, really hate to lose... lose a lot less. I'm sure the same goes for coaches. If you want to win crazy bad, you approach things differently. If you're ing indifferent to a loss? You sound like Pop did right there. Winning isn't random. "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" is what losers say.
    Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 09-11-2019 at 02:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cuck mentality all throughout this thread tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop had a weak JV team

The fans are usually the first ones who b!tch and moan if their players get hurt playing for the national team so I find that a little hypocrite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 rings.

5 rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Life would go on if we just stopped doing the ing World Cup. Save a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of wear and tear on players. Life would definitely go on.

But if you're going to do something, play to win and act like you care when you lose. Athletes who really, really hate to lose... lose a lot less. I'm sure the same goes for coaches. If you want to win crazy bad, you approach things differently. If you're ing indifferent to a loss? You sound like Pop did right there. Winning isn't random. "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" is what losers say.
    To a certain extent winning is random. Let me know the next time in a one off the best team always wins.

Thread Information