San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet another ST meltdown for no reason thread

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blah blah France good USA bad blah blah trump. re posting as usual
    Where did I say France good? You're unhappy when I use Trump vocabulary to describe San antonio?

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask Kawhi's sister, tbh.
    Well played. Well played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    scrUbSA will easily win gold next Olympics even if they send B team of:
    Chimpchuck
    Butler
    Pg
    Green
    Aldridge

Book it

Calling it

Called it
    lol no, they ain't winning with that awful lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I don't know why the US doesn't select size anymore. FIBA isn't the NBA. You can still get away with playing traditional lineups.

I understand going "small" when you have guys like Lebron and Durant playing the forward spots. But if your option is Harrison ing Barnes, just go with a physical beast which FIBA players aren't used to deal with. Cousins would have been a good option for a spot.
    Last edited by DAF86; 09-12-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I don't know why the US doesn't select size anymore. FIBA isn't the NBA. You can still get away with playing traditional lineups.

I understand going "small" when you have guys like Lebron and Durant playing the forward spots. But if your option is Harrison ing Barnes, just go with a physical beast which FIBA players aren't used to deal with. Cousins would have been a good option for a spot.
    If you go small, you have to have 5 three point shooters. That's what was weird about this team. It had no ability to play big, but when it went small, it didn't have any shooting. Just a weird combination of players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    04 team had two recent MVPs and several players a year or two away from being all NBA. This team was nowhere near as good as that one, it barely had a couple (east) all stars.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Life will go on. Let's not pretend FIBA matters much at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop did well to avoid a 20 pts loss vs Argentina, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop did well to avoid a 20 pts loss vs Argentina, imho.
    Truth nuke tbh. Argentina would've castrated the gringos. Worse than 2004 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil Jackson could have been coaching them and they still would have lost. Not deep enough and the NBA has become a global game now and players are better and at or near NBA level. If players in the NBA want the USA to win the gold medal, show up and play for your country next go round. A head coach can't beat five players on the court, that is your job. Pop is a HOF head coach but hes limited to how stacked his roster is like any coach. This loss isn't on Pop it's on the NBA players that didn't show up to play for the gold.
    This.

Let the naysayers and cry babies ("he said that 'life goes on, other things are bigger than basketball or he doesn't like Trump" wah) tell every loss in USA history since '04 (when he was an assistant coach) is on him.

Mother ers meltdown and cry like es even when it isn't about the Spurs.

Basketball is a compe ion and eventually other countries WILL CATCH UP. Especially, when the tournament is so poorly scheduled and a lot of top tier, 2nd tier and 3 tier American talent stays home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil Jackson could have been coaching them and they still would have lost. Not deep enough and the NBA has become a global game now and players are better and at or near NBA level. If players in the NBA want the USA to win the gold medal, show up and play for your country next go round. A head coach can't beat five players on the court, that is your job. Pop is a HOF head coach but hes limited to how stacked his roster is like any coach. This loss isn't on Pop it's on the NBA players that didn't show up to play for the gold.
    Most likely. NBA coaches are very overrated.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's hard to talk about a lack of depth when Lopez is sitting on the bench watching Gobert have his way with small guys. I don't know if he would have fared better, but that's a coaching decision not a lack of depth. Lopez is past his prime, but he had the best shooting season of his career this year. The Spurs scored something like 5 points in the last 5 minutes, and none in the last two. I really thought after Scola had that performance against Serbia that Pop would take a hint about the way FIBA, and the way the game is called.

But, hey, life goes on.

Mother ers meltdown and cry like es even when it isn't about the Spurs.
    The only meltdown and -crying I see here right now is from one person. "Someone disagrees with me. They're being mean to Pop. Waaaah!" I'm tempted to go back and see if you get like this around the middle of every month, but some things should remain private.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many genius coaches in ST

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has the world ended? Nope. Pop is Nostradamus!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best team does always win. The best team today. Team USA wasn't the best team today.

If you look really closely, I wasn't commenting on the loss - it was about Pop's "life goes on" comment. If you really believe that Team USA was the best team, and they still lost, it means they didn't execute. (France shot well, but they weren't unconscious.) I want a guy who is pissed after a bad loss, because the better team didn't execute. This team lost to Australia right before the tournament, squeaked out an OT win against Turkey, and lost by 10 to France. And Pop says, "Life will go on." He'll go out tonight and have a few bottles of wine, and never think about it again. If he doesn't give a , why should I? And if that's not what he meant, he should have said something else.

If Team USA never went to the World Cup again, I wouldn't lose any sleep. But if you're going to compete, give a .
    There are elements of randomness involved in every basketball game. There's a reason we have playoff series and no a simple one off game. That is because in a single game, you can win and not be the best team. It can even happen in a series, but that's far more unlikely. We see this time and time again in the NCAA tournament. There's a reason the best team doesn't always sweep a series. There's a reason the best team doesn't always go undefeated.

As for Pops comments, IDGAF. I also DGAF if you care. But to say the best team always wins is demonstrably wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are elements of randomness involved in every basketball game. There's a reason we have playoff series and no a simple one off game. That is because in a single game, you can win and not be the best team. It can even happen in a series, but that's far more unlikely. We see this time and time again in the NCAA tournament. There's a reason the best team doesn't always sweep a series. There's a reason the best team doesn't always go undefeated.

As for Pops comments, IDGAF. I also DGAF if you care. But to say the best team always wins is demonstrably wrong.
    Very true. And the NCAA tournament is a great testament to that, you're right. No one can say Maryland-Baltimore County was the better team when they beat Virginia as a 16 seed a couple of years ago. Any team can beat any other team in a single game because sh!t happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matchups don't really matter.
    I'm sure Red A, Phil J, Pat Riley, John Wooden and other legit greats would have Patty take it to the rack vs these guys. Also be paid Fiddy for Five.

Thread Information