Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who you got???

I like the Argies.

at Poop and the gringos for losing to France, who got destroyed by Argentina in the semifinal. Argentina would probably beat USA by 30 tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu who? This proves Manu was just a system player

Rooting for the maradrogas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu who? This proves Manu was just a system player

Rooting for the maradrogas.
    No Manure? No problem! tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big 7th place game tomorrow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Even Mark Jackass could have at least won a ing medal with this roster. Pop needs to give his Coach of the Year awards to Duncan, Manu and Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spain all the way, old Gasols and Spanish Manu FTW

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if Argentina keeps it close. Spain has too much size for them upfront, and just as much skill, shooting, and gritty defending. In a way, it would have been better for them to hope for someone else to take Spain out.

Still, this has been a great tournament, with two somewhat surprising teams making it to the finals, but also showing the popularity of the game worldwide. The 4 seminfinalists were from the 3 different continents, and the U.S wasn't one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if Argentina keeps it close. Spain has too much size for them upfront, and just as much skill, shooting, and gritty defending. In a way, it would have been better for them to hope for someone else to take Spain out.

Still, this has been a great tournament, with two somewhat surprising teams making it to the finals, but also showing the popularity of the game worldwide. The 4 seminfinalists were from the 3 different continents, and the U.S wasn't one of them.
    You mean like Serbia and France?

Argentina and Spain played a friendly before the WC, it was close throughout.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who cares, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the winner will get a Chinese fried rice platter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the winner will get a Chinese fried rice platter
    That's like the supermax only stars get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Mark Jackass could have at least won a ing medal with this roster. Pop needs to give his Coach of the Year awards to Duncan, Manu and Kawhi.
    Poop sucks, but that roster sucked ass tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You mean like Serbia and France?

Argentina and Spain played a friendly before the WC, it was close throughout.
    They have mostly been superior to you during these last 10-15 years, haven't they? Even at the height of the "golden generation", Spain would more often come on top in direct clashes.

This has a lot a 2006 feeling to me where an experienced and crafty Greek team made it to the final to find another very experienced, crafty team which also had more size, shooting and skill, and got totally blown out.

It's obviously one game, and everything can happen. Facundo can go crazy, Scola can start hitting three pointers and take away Gasol from the paint. But if I were a betting man, I'd say it's Spain's game to lose.

As a fan though, yeah I guess I'd prefer the storyline of another Argentina golden generation coming through. Spain will have players in the future no matter what, it'd be nice to know that Argentina is here to stay on the global basketball landscape and that Manu and co. weren't just a blip on the radar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have mostly been superior to you during these last 10-15 years, haven't they? Even at the height of the "golden generation", Spain would more often come on top in direct clashes.

This has a lot a 2006 feeling to me where an experienced and crafty Greek team made it to the final to find another very experienced, crafty team which also had more size, shooting and skill, and got totally blown out.

It's obviously one game, and everything can happen. Facundo can go crazy, Scola can start hitting three pointers and take away Gasol from the paint. But if I were a betting man, I'd say it's Spain's game to lose.

As a fan though, yeah I guess I'd prefer the storyline of another Argentina golden generation coming through. Spain will have players in the future no matter what, it'd be nice to know that Argentina is here to stay on the global basketball landscape and that Manu and co. weren't just a blip on the radar.
    Spain is the favourite, sure. But to say "I'd be surprised if Argentina keeps it close" because Spain is taller and just as skillful is to not have been paying attention to what Argentina did on this WC, and vs whom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn't been much of a game tbh. Not overly close.. Spain never looked worried

Good to see Rudy Fernandez still playing. He couldn't get a NBA gig or just left?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't consider myself a prognosticator but I saw this one coming. It's been much of the same whenever these two have played during the last decade or so. I feel bad for Argentina losing two finals in the last 17 years, but at least they remain the only ones to take Olympic gold away from the US. I hope they continue to be a force in the future.

Hasn't been much of a game tbh. Not overly close.. Spain never looked worried

Good to see Rudy Fernandez still playing. He couldn't get an NBA gig or just left?
    He was a good player for a few years, just decided he was more comfortable back home. Same with Mirotic leaving to go back to Spain though he was still a very solid rotation player in the NBA for a contending team.

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't consider myself a prognosticator but I saw this one coming. It's been much of the same whenever these two have played during the last decade or so. I feel bad for Argentina losing two finals in the last 17 years, but at least they remain the only ones to take Olympic gold away from the US. I hope they continue to be a force in the future.

He was a good player for a few years, just decided he was more comfortable back home. Same with Mirotic leaving to go back to Spain though he was still a very solid rotation player in the NBA for a contending team.
    It's a shame because Rudy's game is now made for todays nba of shooting quick 3s and passing. He would fit right in with the golden gets.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rudy had some lift back in the day man. One of the few white European who could really explode to the basket. His dunk on Dwight in the 2008 Olympic final was legendary stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'5" Rudy Fernandez led the way in rebounding and 7'1" Marc Gasol led the team in assists... Nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy had some lift back in the day man. One of the few white European who could really explode to the basket. His dunk on Dwight in the 2008 Olympic final was legendary stuff.
    He was the Blazers Ginobili

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Argentina’s Silver Generation

Spain’s Golden Generation

France also beats Patty Cakes and the Aussies in the bronze medal game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

France also beats Patty Cakes and the Aussies in the bronze medal game.
    in Aus everyone is saying how proud they are of the team and how heartbreaking it is... they choked big leads in both semi and this game. They are chokers. The France game was hard to watch. Bogut is such a ing has been

Patty should've made the top 5 of the tournament though

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best team won, tbh

Thread Information