Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This made me laugh. American athletes are the most pampered es on the planet

They're getting paid millions to put a ball in a hoop, no they're living a luxurious life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, like Taco Tuesday? SMH.
    Still more important than fiba

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol it’s like Pop is describing himself to the media

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see how much Coangelo follows through on his threats of remembering who pulled out.
    I think there are mid level stars he’ll exclude. But guys like Durant that have injuries, or guys that have a colorable excuse to have stayed home will make it bc they don’t want a repeat of the world championships.

The world can compete with USA superstars. USA superstars would be favored. But even favorites can have one bad night and the underdogs can have a great night. And the talent level in some countries is almost as good as us. It’s the new reality when basketball became a global sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't a canadian invent it?
    Dude is from Springfield Massachusetts isn’t he? Isn’t that why the hall of fame is there? I know for a fact he got his degree in Denver though

**edit: the dude was Canadian but moved over to the US and became a citizen. Either way basketball was invented HERE in the U.S

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol @ stars pulling out excuses.

But but we didn't have a completely stacked team of all-stars to zerg through the compe ion!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lebron is such a massive piece of . I hope he gets a career ending injury next year
    Dude actually tried to trademark "taco Tuesday" like he invented that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lebron is such a massive piece of . I hope he gets a career ending injury next year
    He’d still be the goat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’d still be the goat
    3-6

losing twice the amount of finals after steamrolling through a east

1-2 against the spurs (would be 0-3 if not for poop)

cuckold millenials love le

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-6

losing twice the amount of finals after steamrolling through a east

1-2 against the spurs (would be 0-3 if not for poop)

cuckold millenials love le
    You ever reread your posts and feel disappointed in yourself?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only international compe ion that matters to USA players and fans is the Olympics. I'm going to go out on a limb and say better players will show up for those.

It obviously didn't matter to the players. If it didn't matter to the fans, who is Pop ing about?

I think a lot of people don't know that there are two Olympic slots reserved for the two best teams from the Americas. Team USA has to send a squad to the World Cup, to make sure and qualify for the Olympics. I get the impression from a lot of places - from the selection process to Pop's comments - that securing the Olympic bid was the goal, and beyond that he focused a lot on developing and encouraging young guys, teaching "life lessons", etc. I don't think he dove into it like his life depended on winning gold. I'm not saying it did - just that attacking that way makes a difference in performance.

Before you start arguing (like you always do), that pretty much ties in to your own idea that nobody much cares about any international compe ion other than the Olympics.

I think there was a time when Pop wouldn't have been so philosophical about a loss, even in a meaningless World Cup. That's all I've ever said on this subject. Maybe he's just learned with age, and this way is better. But I'd still rather see him fake it, if that's what it takes, and pretend like winning is really important. I'm a pretty solid defender of Pop, and I think a lot of the criticism he's gotten is bull . But his, "Life will go on" comment left me cold.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the "life will go on" comment by Pop is simply a way to show how bitter he is against the kind of mentality that took a lot of players to renege their committments to the team...looks to me that the words of Colangelo confirm this.
    The point is simple...all this was frankly unexpected...and for the times, manners and kind of players (young guys with no particular contract problems) that refused to play, it showed not only a disrespect for the organization but also for the nation...against teams that play with the same players all the time and have developed chemistry during years and years you can't assemble a team in two weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ever reread your posts and feel disappointed in yourself?
    le fan on a spurs messageboard who would’ve thought

ing SWEPT in 07

largest point differential loss in finals history in 14

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop you go to win
    Someone is to blame
    The players who refused to go or the players that went or coaches

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the players would want to play for the USA if pop you stopped bashing the President of the USA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and his spins... Pop deserve the most blame for this failure!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sad part is just by Pop coaching the team, you know it's something that opening the lanes for a failure and underachievement like that, Pop coaching became such a weakness to anywhere he is while always being the most overrated thing...

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    What Popovich is trying to say is “I can’t win without Tim Duncan”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You Pop haters seriously need to find a new hobby. It’s pretty embarrassing at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the players would want to play for the USA if pop you stopped bashing the President of the USA
    The players probably hate the embarrassment who is sitting in the white house right now. Hard to represent your country when your president is a fascist moron

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's favorite song right now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The players probably hate the embarrassment who is sitting in the white house right now. Hard to represent your country when your president is a fascist moron
    Ducks is a deranged Trump supporter that has 20 different alts in here. He also believes #2 was a Trump supporter and that Pop being anti-Trump was one of the reasons why he forced the Spurs to trade him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It obviously didn't matter to the players. If it didn't matter to the fans, who is Pop ing about?

I think a lot of people don't know that there are two Olympic slots reserved for the two best teams from the Americas. Team USA has to send a squad to the World Cup, to make sure and qualify for the Olympics. I get the impression from a lot of places - from the selection process to Pop's comments - that securing the Olympic bid was the goal, and beyond that he focused a lot on developing and encouraging young guys, teaching "life lessons", etc. I don't think he dove into it like his life depended on winning gold. I'm not saying it did - just that attacking that way makes a difference in performance.

Before you start arguing (like you always do), that pretty much ties in to your own idea that nobody much cares about any international compe ion other than the Olympics.

I think there was a time when Pop wouldn't have been so philosophical about a loss, even in a meaningless World Cup. That's all I've ever said on this subject. Maybe he's just learned with age, and this way is better. But I'd still rather see him fake it, if that's what it takes, and pretend like winning is really important. I'm a pretty solid defender of Pop, and I think a lot of the criticism he's gotten is bull . But his, "Life will go on" comment left me cold.
    Good for you.

He's been this way from the beginning. Frontrunners just get pissy the further away from the last championship for which they take credit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who really gives a about fiba or the world cup. No country is good enough to compete with USA when they have the absolute best players on the roster and are motivated to win it. Team USA steam rolls through the compe ion when they want to. Let other countries have a win. It really isn't a big deal. American players have more important things to worry about
    They should care about the world cup. It's the world cup. Soccer doesn't care about the Olympics, but apparently the US Basketball team does? I wonder if it has anything to do with screwing young hot athletics at the Olympic village!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Popovich is trying to say is “I can’t win without Tim Duncan”
    Truth nuke

Thread Information