Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this sound like the musings of a winner? Celebrating a 7th place embarrassment? But we beat Poland!

https://www.espn.com/olympics/basket...mpression=true

"Some people want to play the blame game. There's no blame to be placed anywhere," Popovich said. "They want to play the shame game, like we should be ashamed because we didn't win a gold medal? That's a ridiculous at ude. It's immature, it's arrogant, and it shows that whoever thinks that doesn't respect all the other teams in the world and doesn't respect that these guys did the best they could."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST: Hey guys Pop found a cure for cancer!
    Response: Took him long enough! Selfish ass letting all those people die.

Nothing better to do on a Saturday morning then at that same old broken record? Move on...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST: Hey guys Pop found a cure for cancer!
    Response: Took him long enough! Selfish ass letting all those people die.

Nothing better to do on a Saturday morning then at that same old broken record? Move on...
    If you can't have a mature conversation, then why are you posting in here?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start a mature conversation and you will receive mature replies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start a mature conversation and you will receive mature replies.
    I did.

GNSF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Retire already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say what you want about the talent on the team, but 7th place?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My god...I watched most of Team USA's games this world cup. And yes, the match vs Turkey should have been a loss already and losing in the quarterfinals can't be the standard for Team USA.
    I still think it's got more to do with the sad fact that the other countries' teams are way better at playing organized basketball than the average NBA player by now. Knowing the FIBA rules helps too (see Harris' late foul vs Turkey), as does playing together for a long time.
    What I really don't get about the criticism - most of the guys here clown players like Kemba, Mitc , Turner, etc on a regular basis. If RC and Pop would aquire this iteration of Team USA for the Spurs over the offseason you would bust their balls. These guys are all okay, but who has led his respective team anywhere over the last years? Maybe Tatum for one season, but he didn't play after the Turkey game iirc.
    Look at the quarterfinals. Everyone know before tipoff that the most impactful player on the court will be Gobert, and it wasn't even close. This team was just not talented enough to win every game by 20 points and didn't execute when it mattered (see the Turner play vs Turkey). Perhaps that's why Pop turned to Kemba isolating in the closing possesions vs France, which did not work as well.

Or USA lost cause Pop doesn't like Orange Man.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The only international compe ion that matters to USA players and fans is the Olympics. I'm going to go out on a limb and say better players will show up for those.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very telling quote and fact in this article:

"Much has been made about 31 of the 35 players who started last summer on Team USA's roster pulling out of playing for the team."

Basically we sent our C squad with and assembled them a few weeks ago. Of course we lost! This ain't 1992 anymore. International players are getting pretty good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Derrick White, but to go from a 2nd year player to a roster spot on the national team without being an all-star and spending his first year in the G-League, you can tell that the USA was hurting in their attempts to land the best players.

That said, no one star wants to go unless they all go or unless they get a guarantee to be on the Olympic roster. I can understand why mid-tier stars didn't go.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    How bad did Popovich wanna call USA fans deplorable?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see how much Coangelo follows through on his threats of remembering who pulled out.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Let's see how much Coangelo follows through on his threats of remembering who pulled out.
    Dumb logic. He essentially said they are hopeless without certain players so his solution is to punish these certain players by not allowing them to play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude we invented the sport. And we won like a million games in a row against some of these countries. It’s not arrogance, it’s the ing standard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming from somebody who is beating a dead horse. Just pathetic. Get a life

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this sound like the musings of a winner? Celebrating a 7th place embarrassment? But we beat Poland!

https://www.espn.com/olympics/basket...mpression=true

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does a 7th place finish qualify for a trip to the White House?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he being purposely ironic or is he too stupid to see it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who really gives a about fiba or the world cup. No country is good enough to compete with USA when they have the absolute best players on the roster and are motivated to win it. Team USA steam rolls through the compe ion when they want to. Let other countries have a win. It really isn't a big deal. American players have more important things to worry about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude we invented the sport. And we won like a million games in a row against some of these countries. It’s not arrogance, it’s the ing standard.
    Didn't a canadian invent it?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Who really gives a about fiba or the world cup. No country is good enough to compete with USA when they have the absolute best players on the roster and are motivated to win it. Team USA steam rolls through the compe ion when they want to. Let other countries have a win. It really isn't a big deal. American players have more important things to worry about
    This made me laugh. American athletes are the most pampered es on the planet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, like Taco Tuesday? SMH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't a canadian invent it?
    Canada is the USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This made me laugh. American athletes are the most pampered es on the planet

lebron is such a massive piece of . I hope he gets a career ending injury next year

Thread Information