Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great video that debunks all the myths the haters say about Tim Duncan. For all the Pop haters go to 10:00 minutes to see how the video illustrates Pop being overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t watch the video but is there a part about him having a gay lover and financing his wife’s new boyfriends gym?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t watch the video but is there a part about him having a gay lover and financing his wife’s new boyfriends gym?
    its a video about debunking myth so i don’t think so. But they do mention how kobe raped a girl in Denver paid her off to stay quiet and bought his wife a massive diamond ring to bury the hatchet.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YouTube...were everyone has an opinion and a video will be made and posted. I think we have 100000 videos saying pop is great and people who actually played for him or in the league who say he is great. I think I'll go with those opinions then couch coaches...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YouTube...were everyone has an opinion and a video will be made and posted. I think we have 100000 videos saying pop is great and people who actually played for him or in the league who say he is great. I think I'll go with those opinions then couch coaches...
    My problem with Pop is that people prop him up on purpose to diminish Duncan's legacy. It's always the bs narrative of "Duncan only won because of Pop. Duncan was a product of Pop's system." That to me is a bunch of horse .

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

11 other current threads on the subject, and you had to start it up here too? You're worse than a ing insurance salesman.

You sure you don't want to say something about Kawhi? Maybe Scola? We've gotten kind of lax about bringing them up in every thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice video. Fans ranking and using these excuses against TD do sound very uninformed. In truth, Pop, D-Rob, TP, Manu, Kawhi, etc... should most importantly thank TD. TD was the the Spurs mountain that these guys were privileged to climb.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Uh, which Spurfan here is a Tim Duncan hater?

Or is this just another way to hate on other Spurs?

Tiresome tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, which Spurfan here is a Tim Duncan hater?

Or is this just another way to hate on other Spurs?

Tiresome tbh.
    What's tiresome is fans of other teams and media constantly ting on Duncan to prop up Pop's legacy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's tiresome is fans of other teams and media constantly ting on Duncan to prop up Pop's legacy.
    yeah, who actually does that?

Who is constantly ting on Duncan specifically?

Give explicit non YouTube examples.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 other current threads on the subject, and you had to start it up here too? You're worse than a ing insurance salesman.

You sure you don't want to say something about Kawhi? Maybe Scola? We've gotten kind of lax about bringing them up in every thread.
    OP specifically mentions the minute (10:00) vid starts talking about Pop. Its a perfectly valid response. Like you state, there 11 other current threads on Pop (threads not posts lol), and you're mad at a response?

Duncan can be GOAT, while Pop is too.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it address his purported love for Dungeons and Dragons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its a video about debunking myth so i don’t think so. But they do mention how kobe raped a girl in Denver paid her off to stay quiet and bought his wife a massive diamond ring to bury the hatchet.
    He also raped the Spurs in 2001 averaging 40 on them suckers. I kid I kid. I’m not even a Kobe fan, which is why my avatar is of him injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe > Tim

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They Don’t Call Him “Back Door Kobe” for nothing. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, who actually does that?

Who is constantly ting on Duncan specifically?

Give explicit non YouTube examples.
    It seems like you never hear Colin, Nick, Shannon and a bunch of ty tv-guys saying Shaq was more explosive, more dominant...In part because they talk about Tim post-knee injury and forget his first years, in part because they see Tim as a Pop's product.

Something like "Tim was a Pop's guy. You know, always efficient but boring"

Years ago, even Tim vs Garnett was a thing when Tim was a million times better.

I never heard "MJ was a Phil's product" or "Kobe was a Phils's product"...You have to admit that Pop and his coaching ways overshadow his players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True Tim better but Garnett was badass in 2003 and 2004.
    Completely ed out of a Champ appearance by LakerRef in '04.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like you never hear Colin, Nick, Shannon and a bunch of ty tv-guys saying Shaq was more explosive, more dominant...In part because they talk about Tim post-knee injury and forget his first years, in part because they see Tim as a Pop's product.

I never heard "MJ was a Phil's product" or "Kobe was a Phils's product"...You have to admit that Pop and his coaching ways overshadow his players.
    No, they don't. That only exists in the mind of insecure Spur fans that have a weird complex against the best coach in their team's history.

Pop gives all praise and due to Duncan (and to a lesser extent Ginobili/Parker), even stating that Duncan "made him look great" as a coach, but his team's fanbase (at least on ST) swears he takes all the praise. Their relationship is a lot like Auerbach and Russell, yet I never heard anyway (in the media or otherwise) trying to state who "deserved" more credit for the team's success from those Boston teams.

He is even rumored to not want to be inducted into the basketball HOF until Timmy is inducted/eligible.

Just like Jordan is (literally) cited for most, if not all, the success of the 1990's Bulls and little credit is shown to Jackson, Pippen, etc.

Anyone stupid enough to say Tim was a product of "Pop's system" should be completely ignored. He was the "system" (in some form or fashion) for about 19 years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

nobody see's Tim as Pop's "product." He was a #1 draft pick and was seen as a future hall of famer before that draft. You've bought your own narrative. This echo chamber isn't helping you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My problem with Pop is that people prop him up on purpose to diminish Duncan's legacy. It's always the bs narrative of "Duncan only won because of Pop. Duncan was a product of Pop's system." That to me is a bunch of horse .
    that narrative isn't too common in these parts; i'd say it's the polar opposite that has more traction in ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP specifically mentions the minute (10:00) vid starts talking about Pop. Its a perfectly valid response. Like you state, there 11 other current threads on Pop (threads not posts lol), and you're mad at a response?

Duncan can be GOAT, while Pop is too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that narrative isn't too common in these parts; i'd say it's the polar opposite that has more traction in ST.
    I was referring to this narrative being pushed outside of ST on other fan forums and with the media.

Thread Information