Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    ing NFL.

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    Agreed but it's early and anything can happen. Brees and Big Ben both injured today. Long season. All comes down to injuries.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Chiefs offense is better tbh. Miami actually hung around most of the way until the lolphins started throwing pick sixes midway thru the 2nd half.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I may have made this same thread last year, tbh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Too early to say, tbh. Haven't seen how ab will fit in once he's adjusted and injuries are piling for the O line.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    NFC will win it this year, tbh. But yes in the AFC the only thing that can bring down this dynasty is Mahomes' arm, which better show up in the first half of their meetings this year around unlike last year.

The Pats present huge playoff challenges such as requiring the opposing teams defensive players to line up on sides.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Chiefs offense is better tbh. Miami actually hung around most of the way until the lolphins started throwing pick sixes midway thru the 2nd half.
    Josh Rosen and Fitzpatrick as your QBs

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    squeaking by the bills

NFL's parity

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    squeaking by the bills

NFL's parity
    yeah. The Bills provided some good blueprint, the Pats offense isn't special at all this year. If they had a competent starting quarterback the Bills would have won today by a healthy margin.

nonetheless, the Pats play the hapless Redskins next week so it's 5-0, after that it's the Giants at home but you never know, Giants have played well since Jones took over QB

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    There are better teams than the Patriots, problem is they're in the NFC.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I’d take the Saints over them at this point and probably the Packers, not sure about SF yet. Theyve also benefited from a ridiculously easy schedule the same way the Patriots have.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I’d take the Saints over them at this point and probably the Packers, not sure about SF yet. Theyve also benefited from a ridiculously easy schedule the same way the Patriots have.
    I'm not impressed with the Packers. They've had a soft schedule too including the no-defense Chiefs without Mahomes no less and that game went down to the wire. I'd take the Vikings over them in the division, much more balanced team overall and should have won the early h2h if not for some dumb penalties, one really bad call, and a boneheaded pick in the red zone.

The 49ers are dominant, stacked (that D-Line!!), young and very well coached. The Panthers are a solid team and they demolished them. They made the Rams their es, too. Their first 4 games were pretty easy but after that, yeah.

Who knows what other teams will emerge? The Eagles tend to be a better second-half season team than the first, and they're about to get a lot of pieces back finally. The Cowboys have all the talent but Jason Garrett, so they'll go nowhere this year. If Seattle can start to get back that mojo on defense they'll be tough to beat as well.

In the AFC...? The Chargers got a lucky win and they're still 3-5. The Billygoats at 5-2 are a joke waiting to implode. The Chiefs can't stop the run (or really the pass when it comes down to it) even if they had Mahomes. The Colts can't be taken seriously without a viable QB. The Texans are poorly coached and have a crappy defense especially now with Watt gone. The Ravens are pretty legit (and may give the Patriots an L very soon) but Bill Belichick won't lose to a gimmick QB in the playoffs, we all know that. The Raiders are 3-4 and have no defense. The rest of the AFC is hot garbage.

The NFC is so much better than the AFC it's not even funny. It's a joke.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I'm not impressed with the Packers. They've had a soft schedule too including the no-defense Chiefs without Mahomes no less and that game went down to the wire. I'd take the Vikings over them in the division, much more balanced team overall and should have won the early h2h if not for some dumb penalties, one really bad call, and a boneheaded pick in the red zone.

The 49ers are dominant, stacked (that D-Line!!), young and very well coached. The Panthers are a solid team and they demolished them. They made the Rams their es, too. Their first 4 games were pretty easy but after that, yeah.

Who knows what other teams will emerge? The Eagles tend to be a better second-half season team than the first, and they're about to get a lot of pieces back finally. The Cowboys have all the talent but Jason Garrett, so they'll go nowhere this year. If Seattle can start to get back that mojo on defense they'll be tough to beat as well.

In the AFC...? The Chargers got a lucky win and they're still 3-5. The Billygoats at 5-2 are a joke waiting to implode. The Chiefs can't stop the run (or really the pass when it comes down to it) even if they had Mahomes. The Colts can't be taken seriously without a viable QB. The Texans are poorly coached and have a crappy defense especially now with Watt gone. The Ravens are pretty legit (and may give the Patriots an L very soon) but Bill Belichick won't lose to a gimmick QB in the playoffs, we all know that. The Raiders are 3-4 and have no defense. The rest of the AFC is hot garbage.

The NFC is so much better than the AFC it's not even funny. It's a joke.
    Regardless, I think the Saints are clearly the best team so far. IMO they should have sat Brees even longer to make sure he was fresh for the playoffs, the Saints with Bridgewater still handily beat the Cardinals yesterday.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    As historically is the case. AFC is the junior circuit.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Packers might actually be for real this year. For the longest time, they've beaten up on bad teams then the bed against teams above .500 with the obvious exception of the GarrettBot Cowboys. This year they're actually racking up some quality wins for once

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    so apparently during the Pats Browns game, late in the game the Browms had a 4th and 11, and sent the punt team out. kitchens then decided he changed his mind and wanted to go for it on 4th down. the clock was running and they didnt want to burn a timeout, so they had one of the players commit an intentional false start, and then they went for it on 4th and 16

that sounds like the raiders during the art s /lane kiffin era
    Last edited by spurraider21; 10-28-2019 at 01:33 PM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    As historically is the case. AFC is the junior circuit.
    AFC has won 4 out of the last 5 superbowls, tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    so apparently during the Pats Browns game, let in the game the Brows had a 4th and 11, and sent the punt team out. kitchens then decided he changed his mind and wanted to go for it on 4th down. the clock was running and they didnt want to burn a timeout, so they had one of the players commit an intentional false start, and then they went for it on 4th and 16

that sounds like the raiders during the art s /lane kiffin era
    Kitchens is in over his head in a big way, they promoted him because of his relationship with Mayfield even though Gregg Williams was three obvious choice.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    IMO they should have sat Brees even longer to make sure he was fresh for the playoffs, the Saints with Bridgewater still handily beat the Cardinals yesterday.
    yes that was the debate, but the bye is next week, and Brees tends to be a little slow out of the gate (historically slow Septembers, very slow start to their first playoff game last year) when he's had any significant amount of time off, so I'm sure the prevailing thought from Payton was that he needed to reps and catch his rhythm in an easy game. Their next 2 are divisional but still pretty easy IMO. But the Saints can't afford to lose a division game because they need to keep the Panthers at bay.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Kitchens is in over his head in a big way, they promoted him because of his relationship with Mayfield even though Gregg Williams was three obvious choice.
    way too obvious tbh. Kitchens sucks. The Browns had a winning record with Williams last year after Jackson alas got the axe.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    AFC has won 4 out of the last 5 superbowls, tbh
    that's about like saying the Heatles/Cavs won 4 of 5 NBA championships. One en y doesn't make a whole conference good. The AFC has long been the LEastern Conference of the NFL, except for the year the Patriots *didn't* make the playoffs.

It will require unbelievably complex strategies and talent to beat this years Pats.

Like lining up on sides on defense.
    Or giving the ball to your monster running back behind the monster OLine at the goaline vs the tiring Pats DLine to close the game.
    Or kicking the game clinching field goal from 35 yards vs getting sacked for a 15 yard loss thus out of field goal range.

Actually I think this years Pats team is one of the better ones, especially in comparison to the rest of the NFL.
    But, concur that their usual patsy Division + NFC much stronger this year + injury to Mahomes = pretty much another skate into the AFC le game.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It will require unbelievably complex strategies and talent to beat this years Pats.

Like lining up on sides on defense.
    Or giving the ball to your monster running back behind the monster OLine at the goaline vs the tiring Pats DLine to close the game.
    Or kicking the game clinching field goal from 35 yards vs getting sacked for a 15 yard loss thus out of field goal range.
    I wish I could give this post 3 likes.

Thread Information