My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Does anyone actually like the announcers? A man actually goes by the moniker “booger” and this is supposed to be top tier broadcasting? The other dude is so generic and sets up super softball analysis for the other doofus to stumble all over the English language and perform a lame Jon Gruden everyone is amazing impersonation. There are better bottom tier analysts on Fox that could do a decent job. Why does espn suck so bad?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    booger is awful. he's enthusiastic and i can see how he can be somewhat entertaining, but his actual takes are usually incomprehensibly wrong

i dont mind the play by play guy though

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    booger is awful. he's enthusiastic and i can see how he can be somewhat entertaining, but his actual takes are usually incomprehensibly wrong

i dont mind the play by play guy though
    Tessitore (the play by play guy) is much better than the boring college-football schmuck they used in 2016 and 2017. Still, Tirico was one of the best in the league (both NFL and NBA) and it sucks he's not calling NFL games anymore.

Booger is one of the worse color analysts there is; OP is right that the 5th and 6th string color guys on, say, Fox are better than him. Last year he literally bragged about pooping his pants on the sidelines back in his playing days... not even joking.

Witten obviously wasn't a generational color analyst talent like his buddy at CBS, probably worse than Gruden, but he was far better than Booger.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lol witten was a monumental bust in the booth. he was bruce arians bad. i'd take booger over him.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lol witten was a monumental bust in the booth. he was bruce arians bad. i'd take booger over him.
    He was completely monotone bad the first half of last season but got better by the second half of last season. Better than Phil Simms at least.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Thats my gripe though with Espn. Monday night Football no matter the matchup was worth the watch because of the pageantry and show of it all. The announcers had charisma and character and could illustrate the game in a way that captivated you. Now they have Booger and Tess and an old tired ass hank Williams intro.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Thats my gripe though with Espn. Monday night Football no matter the matchup was worth the watch because of the pageantry and show of it all. The announcers had charisma and character and could illustrate the game in a way that captivated you. Now they have Booger and Tess and an old tired ass hank Williams intro.
    Also nobody watches MNF anymore because appointment TV is dead. People have lives now

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Also nobody watches MNF anymore because appointment TV is dead. People have lives now
    That is so true. But we’re football fans. I can make it a point in my life to watch MNF if the broadcast was more entertaining. I don’t want to be reminded that I’m watching ESPN with its mediocre staff. MNF needs to go to another network. I would love it if TNT could get into the football business.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i still watch MNF and even the abortion level TNF games tbh... nfl junkie

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i still watch MNF and even the abortion level TNF games tbh... nfl junkie

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    I would love it if TNT could get into the football business.
    TNT (or TBS, one of the Turner networks anyway) did Sunday night games back in the day. They did the first half of the season and ESPN did the second half.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    TNT (or TBS, one of the Turner networks anyway) did Sunday night games back in the day. They did the first half of the season and ESPN did the second half.
    Thats interesting. I bet they could freshen it up a bit for sure.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    The bigger problem with today's MNF are the terrible matchups that are on it way too often. It's rare that you have two good teams facing off. It's usually 1 good team vs. a bottom feeder or in some cases, bottom feeder vs. bottom feeder.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    you keep coming in here to post about the NFL and check up on it ... like a jealous ex girlfriend

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The bigger problem with today's MNF are the terrible matchups that are on it way too often. It's rare that you have two good teams facing off. It's usually 1 good team vs. a bottom feeder or in some cases, bottom feeder vs. bottom feeder.
    Also this. Bc of the short week it creates for the teams and the lessened interest in MNF, it’s not as valuable and teams/networks would rather flex the good games into SNF, now the far better property

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Why are you even in this forum

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    That is so true. But we’re football fans. I can make it a point in my life to watch MNF if the broadcast was more entertaining. I don’t want to be reminded that I’m watching ESPN with its mediocre staff. MNF needs to go to another network. I would love it if TNT could get into the football business.
    I like SNF.

But yeah back in the day with only the 3 big networks running things, MNF was can't miss TV. There really also wasn't much else to watch

Thread Information