Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll give you 100-1 odd it's not hulu
    But you just said Disney+ will swallow Hulu in your previous post.

The big loser from all of these giants coming up is most definitely Hulu. It's the less popular of them all to begin with. I also dont think Hulu would simply cease to exist. Rather as stipulated in my post, If we are playing who goes first it's them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Disney+: will swallow Hulu, plus pull all Disney/abc/ESPN content from Netflix, and then do anything Netflix can do
    They're going to own Hulu but keep it separate for adult content that can't be shown on Disney+ if nothing else. The reported Disney+/Hulu/Espn+ bundle seems like an easy sell.

Netflix should be OK simply because of its head start and war chest, but they're going to have to be more judicious with their spending.

AT&T/Warner looks like a huge rudderless mess at this point. They have like five live TV delivery options, none of which have the same content. Then they will have HBO Max, which is going to take content from existing services like HBO Now and DC Universe with no current plan to change either. Throw nonsensical failures like Warner Archive and FilmStruck. Damn.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    And Comcast just announced their service. Can't see s ing out a monthly fee for that. CBS has Star Trek as their killer app and could potentially put the whole franchise on lock with the Viacom merger. NBC has?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

The big loser from all of these giants coming up is most definitely Hulu. It's the less popular of them all to begin with. I also dont think Hulu would simply cease to exist. Rather as stipulated in my post, If we are playing who goes first it's them.
    Your bet is that Hulu folds first if we're going that far.

Disney bought them. They aren't going anywhere, tbh.

Netflix is the one that is starting to find themselves alone on an island.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your bet is that Hulu folds first if we're going that far.

Disney bought them. They aren't going anywhere, tbh.

Netflix is the one that is starting to find themselves alone on an island.
    It is easier for Disney to discard them once they see its not up to par with the rest now that they're getting into it themselves. You just made my case for me.

How is Netflix alone on an island? Anyways you look at it, Netflix is still king and by their lonesome. I guess you're right in that sense.

Why are you even arguing this? Its non debatable at the moment. Now if you want to pick this up when Disney+ gets going and actually starts beating Netflix consistently then we'll talk.

Which streaming service is currently beating Netflix right now?

So far you're playing the if and when game which counts for nothing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It is easier for Disney to discard them once they see its not up to par with the rest now that they're getting into it themselves. You just made my case for me.
    Lol "easier to discard". I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. You haven't looked at the Disney/Hulu deal at all.

And where are you getting that Hulu isn't up to par? I think Hulu is way better than Netflix.

Even the series options that let you search individual episodes based on tag words is really cool.

How is Netflix alone on an island? Anyways you look at it, Netflix is still king and by their lonesome. I guess you're right in that sense.

Why are you even arguing this? Its non debatable at the moment. Now if you want to pick this up when Disney+ gets going and actually starts beating Netflix consistently then we'll talk.

Which streaming service is currently beating Netflix right now?

So far you're playing the if and when game which counts for nothing.
    Well yeah, I've been playing the Netflix future game. I never said I wasn't. Why you getting riled up about it?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol "easier to discard". I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. You haven't looked at the Disney/Hulu deal at all.
    Dont need to.

Do you actually think that when and if the time comes that Hulu is not viable against the other giants that Disney won't just either sell it back to whomever or s it if they are losing money because of it?

They're not just going to bleed money to keep a streaming service for the of it.

And where are you getting that Hulu isn't up to par? I think Hulu is way better than Netflix.

Even the series options that let you search individual episodes based on tag words is really cool.
    Well that is of course your opinion. I'm going based on subscription and revenue.

And I tried Hulu once. Their UI is . You have to look up stuff yourself.

Ads to start a movie or tv show even on the "no ad" plans. lol I quickly canceled that nonsense.

Well yeah, I've been playing the Netflix future game. I never said I wasn't. Why you getting riled up about it?
    Oh I'm not. I'm just telling you how things are at the moment. And like I said in this very thread, I'm not even a Netflix subscriber anymore so I have no dog in this fight per se.

You're the one bordering on delusional here talking about all this doom and gloom. Netflix is international, Disney+ will not be for years.

How are you thinking they will be able to cripple Netflix as a whole when admittedly they will only operate within the states.

Netflix advantage is their head start on everybody. They have that by years.

Dont expect Disney or any other streaming service to just overtake them in a month like you seem to think.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Notice how you ignore 99% of my post.

I'll take that as you bowing out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Notice how you ignore 99% of my post.

I'll take that as you bowing out.
    I didn't really ignore it. I'm not really up for the line by line answer thing from a big post. If you want to take that as bowing out sorry I don't care

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh ok, more popular than...a company I'm not even talking about. lol reaching

On Roku

as the third most popular channel on the Roku
    I wonder who the first one is...lets read some..

remains the most popular channel on Roku, as it has been for years. Even back in 2014, in one of Roku's earliest published rankings, the streaming service was the top destination for viewers. That's unchanged today, and Netflix is followed by Alphabet's YouTube
    Bye.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    If you read Disney plans for Hulu, I don't really see Disney shutting them down. It's not really even a debate on that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Oh ok, more popular than...a company I'm not even talking about. lol reaching

On Roku

I wonder who the first one is...lets read some..

Bye.
    They moved ahead of Amazon by Roku users. Even though they're only talking Roku, I think it's still telling. I think hulu is waaay more popular than you think.

I don't know what's up with it saying "alphabet" instead of Google. Lol ok bye.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you read Disney plans for Hulu, I don't really see Disney shutting them down. It's not really even a debate on that.
    I didn't say they would. I said if Hulu starts being a liability and cost them money, they will.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They moved ahead of Amazon by Roku users. Even though they're only talking Roku, I think it's still telling. I think hulu is waaay more popular than you think.

I don't know what's up with it saying "alphabet" instead of Google. Lol ok bye.
    Argument lost so you started moving the goalpost to Amazon instead of what I had been arguing for. I also said they were less popular than the main streaming service, not that they are unpopular.

Keep fighting the good fight, Blake.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I didn't say they would. I said if Hulu starts being a liability and cost them money, they will.
    So "if game" good now.

If Disney World starts being a liability I guess they'll shut that down too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Argument lost so you started moving the goalpost to Amazon instead of what I had been arguing for. I also said they were less popular than the main streaming service, not that they are unpopular.

Keep fighting the good fight, Blake.
    What was the original argument? Srs question I don't know which argument you're referring to

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So "if game" good now.

If Disney World starts being a liability I guess they'll shut that down too.
    Post #26. Keep up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post #26. Keep up.
    Thanks. Lemme look

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What was the original argument? Srs question I don't know which argument you're referring to
    Let's see, you're on a thread about Netflix, you start an argument that they are in desperation mode and I countered.

A page and a day later you're moving the goalpost from Netflix is desperate to Hulu is more popular than Amazon on who gives a Roku.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Is this your argument? I'm not arguing that Hulu isn't #3 of the Big 3.

And I just gave you two links showing huge growth, solid future and popularity for Hulu so I'm not sure how you think they're the future loser other than personal anecdote.

Is that it? I'm still not sure what your exact argument really is here.
    Last edited by Blake; 09-17-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is this your argument? I'm not arguing that Hulu isn't #3 of the Big 3.

And I just gave you two links showing huge growth, solid future and popularity for Hulu so I'm not sure how you think they're the future loser other than personal anecdote.

Is that it? I'm still not sure what your exact argument really is here.
    Blake, if it comes down to Netflix, Amazon or Hulu, who is the most likely to fold if it came to that?

Literally my stance from the ensuing discussion from the start.

I already stated Hulu would be the loser in that exchange. You posted a link saying Hulu is the preferred app on Roku. Wow ground breaking stuff. It's really too bad there are more than one device and platform you can have the app in.

Your argument: Netflix is desperate
    My arguement: Blake, please explain how they are desperate and how are these other companies are "passing Netflix by"

Never heard from you about that. But hey Hulu just took Amazon's spot on Roku.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Blake, if it comes down to Netflix, Amazon or Hulu, who is the most likely to fold if it came to that?

Literally my stance from the ensuing discussion from the start.

I already stated Hulu would be the loser in that exchange. You posted a link saying Hulu is the preferred app on Roku. Wow ground breaking stuff. It's really too bad there are more than one device and platform you can have the app in.

Your argument: Netflix is desperate
    My arguement: Blake, please explain how they are desperate and how are these other companies are "passing Netflix by"

Never heard from you about that. But hey Hulu just took Amazon's spot on Roku.
    K, well I think Netflix is the future loser. I know it's definitely not Hulu thanks to the backing of Disney. I also know it's not Amazon because their platform is so flexible and they've made great partners.

Lol your argument is asking for an explanation of my argument.

There's a lot of easy to Google info on issues facing Netflix here in the near future but off the top of my head, I'll try to summarize.

- i think in 7-8 years if they continue down this same path, they'll be stuck in a freefall.

- when I say Netflix is starting to find themselves on an island, i mean all the networks/production companies that were their good friends before in selling them prime content are now going to be their compe ors. Very soon.
    Netflix has very much relied on this content that is getting pulled. That's why I think they went desperation mode and felt forced to pay out the ass for Seinfeld.

- their new subscriber numbers are slowly/steadily dropping with no sign of any rapid increase

- them coming up with original content was innovative at the time but now it's nothing new. Now all these streaming services are in bidding wars for writers like the Game of Thrones dudes and JJ Abrams.

- they're spending a load on making new films but for what? They won't be distributed in theaters so they're obviously hoping to add subscribers.

I'll go anecdoting here and say I don't know anyone that is adding Netflix because of their original made Netflix movies. Do you?

- if the current trend continues and Netflix isn't adding enough new subscribers then how do they pay off the billions in debt they've been borrowing to pay for all this original content plus having to pay $500 million for big rerun shows like Seinfeld?

I can only think of two ways: raise rates and/or turn to advertising. Maybe they start with banners like ST here. Dunno.

Whatever the case, I don't see their current formula working for the long haul. Amazon and Hulu do what they do but with more options which is what I mean when I say they've passed up Netflix [in that regard].
    Last edited by Blake; 09-17-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Thread Information