Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Fwiw, Hulu's so much more user friendly now than it was even 6 months ago.

The sports package with the live TV is really good, imo. The only thing I've had problems is watching the Astros every game because ATT got em....but meh, I can live without that.

The first losers in all this unless they do something drastic is the cable companies, tbh. I don't see any reason to ever go back to UVerse

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nice backtrack, eh.

Going from Netflix is over, doom, gloom, desperate to broad terms like ..in the future..if they continue in this path blah blah.

Whatever happened to your overblown confidence?

They literally just took Seinfeld from Hulu while keeping other companies from even offering a price for it.

When you talk about Netflix relience, you have no idea what you're talking about. Netflix relies on their own original content. They have never truly relied on third party shows or movies. I mean most of their movies are passable to trash.

They're prevelant for their in house TV shows like House of Cards, Orange is the new black, Stranger Things and the Marvel shows etc.

- their new subscriber numbers are slowly/steadily dropping with no sign of any rapid increase
    Clearly did not read the links Capt bringdown posted in liue for a false win so let me reiterate

Netflix is currently the most popular subscription OTT service in the U.S. with 158.8 million viewers this year and it's projected to grow to 177.5 million by 2023. Despite missing subscriber growth expectations in Q2, eMarketer projects Netflix to experience strong growth for the remainder of the year, up 7.6% from 2018.
    One of his articles (Reccomend you read the third one) even goes to say is not that they are losing subscriber to those others, rather the saturation of all of them combine.

The numbers are the numbers and they say they're healthy.

All you had to say is you really dislike Netflix and this back and forth would have been over a long time ago. I'm afraid you'll hit old age before Netflix goes BOOM.

I reccomend not holding your breath.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I always laugh when I see stuff like this.

Firstly, lol hyping a 30 year old show
    Then pulling a but is in 3 years from now

I canceled my Netflix subscription about 2 weeks ago. Not sure where I'll go next if at all.
    It's not about hype. Office set to leave in 2021. Certain segment of viewers want a replacement level show.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    ATT just spent billions on Big Bang Theory

https://io9.gizmodo.com/why-1838181809
    Gonna have faith that the numbers work out.

Netflix has no qualms about spending an insane amount of money on Friends. HBO getting exclusive Big Bang gonna bring a ton of viewers, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Nice backtrack, eh.

Going from Netflix is over, doom, gloom, desperate to broad terms like ..in the future..if they continue in this path blah blah.

Whatever happened to your overblown confidence?
    I don't recall saying Netflix is over. I think they're in trouble though.

The bet is still on the table as to you thinking Hulu will be the first one to go under. I'm still giving you 100-1 odds.

They literally just took Seinfeld from Hulu while keeping other companies from even offering a price for it.
    Yeah that reeks of desperation to me. If it doesn't to you then neato.

When you talk about Netflix relience, you have no idea what you're talking about. Netflix relies on their own original content. They have nevertruly relied on third party shows or movies. I mean most of their movies are passable to trash.
    The bolded part is ridiculously false.

They're prevelant for their in house TV shows like House of Cards, Orange is the new black, Stranger Things and the Marvel shows etc.
    House of cards is done. Orange is done. Marvel is going going gone. But yeah I guess they still have Stranger Things for a few more years.

Amazon and Hulu also have original programming.

I think if people start getting price forced to start getting more selective about which they keep and which they drop, I think Netflix gets the drop.

Again, the bet has never left the table.

Clearly did not read the links Capt bringdown posted in liue for a false win so let me reiterate

One of his articles (Reccomend you read the third one) even goes to say is not that they are losing subscriber to those others, rather the saturation of all of them combine.

The numbers are the numbers and they say they're healthy.

All you had to say is you really dislike Netflix and this back and forth would have been over a long time ago. I'm afraid you'll hit old age before Netflix goes BOOM.

I reccomend not holding your breath.
    I've read plenty of market analysts reports saying Netflix is projected to be very strong for the next few years. I can see it.

But after Disney+ kicks in and gets firmly entrenched is when it's going to get interesting. I just don't see how Netflix maintains position while using the same business plan.

Maybe I'll be old when Netflix goes belly up, maybe not. There's a lot of troubling signs ahead for them that I don't see them really addressing.

I don't hate Netflix. I just like talking about their business strategy. I also like the back and forth. If you don't like it, you could have ejected the thread a long time ago.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Man...I must grossly underestimate the impact of adding these sitcoms to a service. If I didn't have Netflix, I can't imagine liking Friends enough for that to make a difference. Is the hope that someone signs up and likes Netflix enough to not cancel after they've finished the series?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Man...I must grossly underestimate the impact of adding these sitcoms to a service. If I didn't have Netflix, I can't imagine liking Friends enough for that to make a difference. Is the hope that someone signs up and likes Netflix enough to not cancel after they've finished the series?
    https://variety.com/2018/digital/new...ce-1203085230/

I have sit coms on for background noise a lot. I wonder how many people do the same

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Parks and Rec leaving Netflix, Amazon and Hulu to go to the "Pea "

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-and-why.html/

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Parks and Rec leaving Netflix, Amazon and Hulu to go to the "Pea "

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-and-why.html/
    I thought Community was a way better show, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    https://variety.com/2018/digital/new...ce-1203085230/

I have sit coms on for background noise a lot. I wonder how many people do the same
    Maybe. IDK. I don't log on to Netflix and then select something to run as background noise. But maybe others do?

I think it's kind of foolish for Netflix to look at the success of Friends and then re-up for big money. Although I guess it's just for one year.
    If someone that wants but doesn't already have Netflix, it's probably due to the cost. So if one of these people just has to watch Friends, seems like they'd cancel once it's done.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe. IDK. I don't log on to Netflix and then select something to run as background noise. But maybe others do?

I think it's kind of foolish for Netflix to look at the success of Friends and then re-up for big money. Although I guess it's just for one year.
    If someone that wants but doesn't already have Netflix, it's probably due to the cost. So if one of these people just has to watch Friends, seems like they'd cancel once it's done.
    I do it all the time (or did). My favorite show to have on for whatever reason is Dexter and Spartacus.

Or put one of those serial killer shows while I browse the net.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Friends headed to HBO Max

https://people.com/tv/seinfeld-heads...ming-platform/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I also like having a British guy nature do entary running to fall asleep to

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lmao @ people bashing Seinfeld to be all edgy. Same people that like Always Sunny prolly which is literally which is literally a watered down Seinfeld clone with extra penis jokes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    People need shows to watch when they just want to see 1 episode at a time which is why sitcoms and things like CSI do well. I can kind of understand it if I have a free half hour to hour I am not going to watch a random Breaking Bad or Sopranos as much as I love those shows. but I would watch a Seinfeld or an old Columbo since they have self contained stories with a beginning and an ending and I don't get dragged into an ongoing story!I've with a cliffhanger

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LOL, Sunny and Seinfeld aren't very comparable. There's the "group of insanely vain people" plot cornerstones, but that's about it. Different types of comedy completely. Both absolute all time greats.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    People need shows to watch when they just want to see 1 episode at a time which is why sitcoms and things like CSI do well. I can kind of understand it if I have a free half hour to hour I am not going to watch a random Breaking Bad or Sopranos as much as I love those shows. but I would watch a Seinfeld or an old Columbo since they have self contained stories with a beginning and an ending and I don't get dragged into an ongoing story!I've with a cliffhanger
    Yeah...I guess I can see that. Especially if someone doesn't have a streaming live service. I have ATT TV now (nee DirecTV now). I'll usually just look for the Office or Impractical Jokers that's running. But if I didn't have that, I guess I would catch a sitcom on Netflix or whatever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Lmao @ people bashing Seinfeld to be all edgy. Same people that like Always Sunny prolly which is literally which is literally a watered down Seinfeld clone with extra penis jokes
    they ripped their le scene straight from trailer park boys.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    they ripped their le scene straight from trailer park boys.
    The entire opening credits vignette is a rip-off of TPB. The stroll through the trailer park with piano accompaniment = the stroll through Philly with piano accompaniment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Back to Netflix for a bit-- there are 67 "original" (some are truly original, some stuff just bought from other sources) Netflix movies and shows scheduled for October. I know of only a few and am interested in about two. That's about the same as I'd look forward to on any of the other services, so licensed stuff is still pretty important.

The Disney+ lineup I've seen is extremely high-quality family entertainment across the board, but you're never going to see R or TV-MA stuff on there. Hulu should be the place where things like FX/FXX and mature Marvel productions end up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I am enjoying Top Boy on Netflix. It's listed as season 1, but it is the third season of the show...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Back to Netflix for a bit-- there are 67 "original" (some are truly original, some stuff just bought from other sources) Netflix movies and shows scheduled for October. I know of only a few and am interested in about two. That's about the same as I'd look forward to on any of the other services, so licensed stuff is still pretty important.

The Disney+ lineup I've seen is extremely high-quality family entertainment across the board, but you're never going to see R or TV-MA stuff on there. Hulu should be the place where things like FX/FXX and mature Marvel productions end up.
    That would make sense for Hulu. I wonder if they keep using Hulu for the live TV streams as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    That would make sense for Hulu. I wonder if they keep using Hulu for the live TV streams as well.
    Good question. Live streaming is starting to resemble cable in its costs. Disney does own like half the channels in most packages so it shouldn't be impossible, but it will be interesting to see if Disney and other groups like AT&T start playing hardball with each other RE: in-house live streaming services.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I am enjoying Top Boy on Netflix. It's listed as season 1, but it is the third season of the show...
    I forgot about this show. I saw the first 2 seasons a while ago and it was very good.

You might also like Gomorrah. The series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LOL, Sunny and Seinfeld aren't very comparable. There's the "group of insanely vain people" plot cornerstones, but that's about it. Different types of comedy completely. Both absolute all time greats.

Nah the whole Larry David show template format is copied. Every episode. Google "Seinfeld on crack" everyone knows this.

Thread Information