College
    UCLA Bruins
    In 2021

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1173634552373243912?s=21

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I always laugh when I see stuff like this.

Firstly, lol hyping a 30 year old show
    Then pulling a but is in 3 years from now

I canceled my Netflix subscription about 2 weeks ago. Not sure where I'll go next if at all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    plebs gonna pleb over subscription service

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Netflix in desperation mode

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Netflix in desperation mode
    Explain?

Business wise this is a good move given they lost both The Office and Friends the same year they'll get Seinfeld. It kinds of stabilizes the lost.

Also the news about Disney+ not releasing their shows all at once gives Netflix room to breath. it will be a while before their library become stack one episode at a time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i dno, blake has had a habit of posting articles about the demise of netflix

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    when i saw this on twitter i actually thought for a split second that new episodes were coming out.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't understand wanting to watch any old network shows. I have Netflix for movies and their content.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I like it tbh. If I ever catch it on TBS, I'll tune in. Wonder if they can get a special or something. I know they did Curb, but still.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Well there's more and more articles coming out about it.

It's fascinating to me how they expect to stay afloat with the same formula while other streaming services are passing them by. They remind me of Blockbuster.
    Last edited by Blake; 09-16-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Explain?

Business wise this is a good move given they lost both The Office and Friends the same year they'll get Seinfeld. It kinds of stabilizes the lost.

Also the news about Disney+ not releasing their shows all at once gives Netflix room to breath. it will be a while before their library become stack one episode at a time.
    Well yeah that's it. It's clear they didn't just want Seinfeld. They need it.

I think it's still just a band-aid on a large wound tho.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know about heir demise but they really don't have much to watch. Mostly original programs most which is pretty bad, especially their movies.

I'll keep it though. Nice to know I can watch the office eight more times and then they'll have Seinfeld.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My response to netflix

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know about heir demise but they really don't have much to watch. Mostly original programs most which is pretty bad, especially their movies.

I'll keep it though. Nice to know I can watch the office eight more times and then they'll have Seinfeld.
    Yeah...I find myself watching less and less of Netflix. They'll put out a few good do entaries here and there and some so/so movies. But also a lot of crap.

I don't care much about them losing the Office. I've seen them all once or twice and feel like I can get my fix catching it on syndication. Think several networks run it pretty frequently.

I don't like that they don't put up ratings but I get it.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Compared to Hulu and Amazon, it's better. Hulu is great for some old sitcoms and cartoons. Have pretty much exhausted the good do entaries on all of the services, but I cut the cord a while back. I don't get into any series as I just don't have time. YouTube gets most of my TV viewing time, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    People cancelling Netflix over certain content is stupid. If you can't afford 10 bucks you have bigger problems. Good Luck.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    ATT just spent billions on Big Bang Theory

https://io9.gizmodo.com/why-1838181809

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Compared to Hulu and Amazon, it's better. Hulu is great for some old sitcoms and cartoons. Have pretty much exhausted the good do entaries on all of the services, but I cut the cord a while back. I don't get into any series as I just don't have time. YouTube gets most of my TV viewing time, tbh.
    I like Amazon because it's cheap when you account for the free shipping and other benefits. And I think their in house serieses are far better than Netflix.
    Hulu's good if you pay the extra for HBO/Sho/CM.

Netflix is the 3rd on that list for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    People cancelling Netflix over certain content is stupid. If you can't afford 10 bucks you have bigger problems. Good Luck.
    Lol streaming high roller

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I like Amazon because it's cheap when you account for the free shipping and other benefits. And I think their in house serieses are far better than Netflix.

And you can rent/buy movies on Amazon.

I've got the live package with Hulu. I think it's a fair deal for $50

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well there's more and more articles coming out about it.

It's fascinating to me how they expect to stay afloat with the same formula while other streaming services are passing them by. They remind me of Blockbuster.
    What are you even talking about here?

Who are these other services "passing them by? Netflix reported they didn't meet quite their goal on subscriber a few weeks ago but even that still is plenty to keep them ahead of the rest. They lost subscribers (or at least didn't gain much) and still were #1.

Your Blockbuster analogy is stupid, I'm sorry to say.

As far as Netflix getting Seinfeld and "needing it" is a stretch. Seinfeld is a 30 year old show. Who's the one person you know that's pining for this and that hadn't seen it by now?

Also what is Hulu and Amazon doing differently than Netflix? They're all doing the same. Hulu I'll give you, they are trying the live TV package deal but the point of cord cutting is that you're trying to be lean and cut costs.

At some point though you might be right that one of these companies will have to give given the saturation of the streaming market. It likely won't be Netflix or Amazon. Money on who folds first is entirely on Hulu if we're going that far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Meh the Blockbuster analogy wasn't great. Point is, Netflix is getting stagnant.

Maybe they become like HBO in this next decade which isn't a bad thing except they are spending some serious cash that I'm not seeing how they make up for any time soon. Like you mentioned, who is pining to see Seinfeld so bad that already doesn't have Netflix?

Here's the rundown as I see it; feel free to correct me if I miss something:

Netflix: they have to purchase popular network shows, movies, and they make original content

Amazon: free shipping, movie rental, some live TV including Thursday Night NFL plus all the things that Netflix can do

Hulu: live and local TV packages including many sports channels plus all the things Netflix can do

Disney+: will swallow Hulu, plus pull all Disney/abc/ESPN content from Netflix, and then do anything Netflix can do

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Netflix is also good for their kids stuff. We get our money's worth on the kids programming alone.

I'm not into dramas so I don't sink teeth into the serieseses, so original content that will appeal to me will be comedies, some animation (new Rocko's Modern Life was awesome, tbh) and do entaries. I love Amazon for the plentiful bounty of old, fun cheese movies to watch with the fam while cooking and eating dinner, but Netflix's original content fits my tastes better.

With all the streaming services I have- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, WWE Network, Amazon (Cinemax and Starz added on), I'm still saving $40-$75 per month compared to cable. Thinking of adding YouTube Premium as well since I spend more time on YT than any of my pay-services.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Money on who folds first is entirely on Hulu if we're going that far.
    I'll give you 100-1 odd it's not hulu

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    ^ I do agree about Netflix being great for kids

Thread Information