My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    “the timeout by the Cowboys might have iced their own kicker”

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    I forgot about the whole, ":26 seconds left, two timeouts left edge of field goal range...but no, let's not take a timeout lets walk up to the LOS and have the clock run out basically wasting a player or two" thing. IMO, that's the real blunder of this one, what happened afterward was the hilarious result of incompetent time management

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I forgot about the whole, ":26 seconds left, two timeouts left edge of field goal range...but no, let's not take a timeout lets walk up to the LOS and have the clock run out basically wasting a player or two" thing. IMO, that's the real blunder of this one, what happened afterward was the hilarious result of incompetent time management
    was going to say the same thing, they had more than enough time to make that a chip shot field goal that their kicker could make even if he was iced by Garrett.

Ill bet Garrett deliberately had Romo e the ball on that last play though just so he wouldn’t lose the ability to ice Bailey

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    was going to say the same thing, they had more than enough time to make that a chip shot field goal that their kicker could make even if he was iced by Garrett.

Ill bet Garrett deliberately had Romo e the ball on that last play though just so he wouldn’t lose the ability to ice Bailey
    rofl the funny thing is that The Bot did this many times his first few years. The "icing his own kicker" game was the funniest but there were a few more too. I think it was the next year against Baltimore where they got right into "50 yd FG territory" again with similar time on the clock and he had that same deer in the headlights look. Instead of calling the timeout then maybe calling a quick out-route to get closer, he just stared petrified as the clock ticked down then called it right before time ran out and of course Bailey missed the gamewinning kick then too

Thread Information