Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two years out and it’s all anybody talks about or remembers when talking about the spurs—losing all time great kawhi leonard of riverside, california

the cavs had the benefit of lemafia-driven league narrative and refball (draymond suspension) en route to a welfare championship.

at this point I’m starting to think we’re going to have to wait until kawhi shines his light on us again to win a ship.

Thoughts?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't draft another player from the LA metro area, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't. Not until they properly tank, or acquire some legit top 10 talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't. Not until they properly tank, or acquire some legit top 10 talent.
    Or relocate to a better, more caring city.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have just enough here to float by, imo. Probably why they're content fighting for the 8th seed these days. Just enough is enough for the Spurs now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have just enough here to float by, imo. Probably why they're content fighting for the 8th seed these days. Just enough is enough for the Spurs now.
    I don't disagree with this but I also think this city isn't willing to support a non-playoff team for any considerable number of years. It's a small, relatively nonchalant fanbase in a smallish metro area and the fans are not used to supporting anything less than a perennial contender. 6th-8th seed is just enough to float by but once they start becoming the Sacramento Kings for a few years, "how much are they willing to pay to break the lease" will start being a thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everything you say about the spurs can also be said about memphis, charlotte, okc, sac, phoenix, and New orleans. They are not breaking the lease and by the time the lease is done San Antonio will be ready to spend $$$. It's not fans fault that the stadium is in a crap spot

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two years out and it’s all anybody talks about or remembers when talking about the spurs—losing all time great kawhi leonard of riverside, california

the cavs had the benefit of lemafia-driven league narrative and refball (draymond suspension) en route to a welfare championship.

at this point I’m starting to think we’re going to have to wait until kawhi shines his light on us again to win a ship.

Thoughts?
    They recovered after he left. Question is how long is it going to take for certain people on this forum to recover?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like LA, NY, Dallas, Chicago, Houston? Like what is considered a better city? Please dont say Austin LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Austin might as well relocate to California and take all those homeless, hippies and gs back home. LMAO!

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Just move this team to Seattle already.

As for OP's question, until Gregg Popovich retires the Spurs won't recover from it. No superstar free agents wants to be coached by Pop as evident by all of them not participating in the FIBA tournament.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like LA, NY, Dallas, Chicago, Houston? Like what is considered a better city? Please dont say Austin LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Austin might as well relocate to California and take all those homeless, hippies and gs back home. LMAO!
    Seattle for sure, then there's a handful in the Midwest like KC, STL, CIN, PIT after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seattle for sure, then there's a handful in the Midwest like KC, STL, CIN, PIT after that.
    You think of Pittsburgh as the Midwest?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Calling Lebron's 3-1 comeback a welfare ring but no mention of the Warriors being completely butchered by injuries while Toronto was fully healthy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They recovered after he left. Question is how long is it going to take for certain people on this forum to recover?
    Answer to that is: until the schtick dies, which will be never. Some dudes here are running 15 year old schtick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahahhahaha ok sure OMG where do they find these people LMAO!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Recover" is pretty relative. For most teams, making the playoffs would count as recovering. The Post-Lebron Cavs became an immediate lottery team. The Spurs lost four all timers in a three year span, and still haven't missed the playoffs... contrast that with the post-Kobe disaster that the Lakers have been-- half a decade of not even having a shot at the 8th seed. And, yeah, I guess I'm counting Kobe's last two seasons as "Post-Kobe."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long did it take the Bulls to recover from losing Jordan?

That should give some perspective. At least we haven't gone completely in the toilet like Chicago did when he left.

It's been 3 seasons since Duncan left, and the Spurs haven't really gotten a fair chance to compete largely due to injuries (Parker and Kawhi in '17, Kawhi in '18, Murray in '19)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those markets you mentioned except Seattle are garbage. They will have the same small market problems a city like SA,Charlotte has when their teams are not winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're huffing paint if you think midwest holes in missouri and ohio are better than san antonio

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thoughts?
    Not sure Kawhi is an all-timer, really.

This is more like what could the Spurs do after losing Duncan. That's an all-timer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure Kawhi is an all-timer, really.

This is more like what could the Spurs do after losing Duncan. That's an all-timer.
    good point. hopefully tim is a calming force on the sideline

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling Lebron's 3-1 comeback a welfare ring but no mention of the Warriors being completely butchered by injuries while Toronto was fully healthy
    Part of the game it os what it is nephew could have gone down too like he has before and warriors would have benefited from that and won. Hopefully lebron doesn’t suffer a season ending injury early or maybe the lakers will be moving to Seattle or KC or Pittsburgh or a better city than San Antonio LMAO!!!!!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just move this team to Seattle already.

As for OP's question, until Gregg Popovich retires the Spurs won't recover from it. No superstar free agents wants to be coached by Pop as evident by all of them not participating in the FIBA tournament.
    why don’t you move to Seattle?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In about 2 weeks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Businesses are leaving Seattle, not moving to Seattle. Meanwhile, big money keeps moving to Austin and San Antonio from California. This is absolutely the wrong time to think about moving a business from San Antonio. The only really viable city for an NBA franchise that is growing economically you did not even mention and that would be Louisville.

Thread Information