Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Better arm than Lamar Jackson
    where do you get this from?

More accurate than Josh Allen
    that describes about 90% of NFL starters

More compe ive than Kirk Cousins
    incredibly vague/subjective tbh

Better college numbers than pretty much all of the playoff starters sans Watson, Mahomes
    o colt brennan

Most better starters were random finds. Look at Tannehill for instance. Doing decently, random dude. All of the big name school QBs tend to suck ass in NFL (Mayfield, Josh Rosen, etc). Tua, if he comes out, will suck, just like other big names Mariota, Joey Harrington, etc. only one I can think of that is decent from a big name school is Stafford
    tannehill was a first round pick because he was productive while still being incredibly raw (had only started 19 games at QB in college after changing positions)... he had good mobility, size, solid arm/accuracy and was seen to have a lot of room to grow given his lack of experience.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    its re ed to pool together comps like that... what's next?

stronger arm than brees
    more mobile than brady
    better teammate than rodgers
    more durable than wentz
    more accurate than cam

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i dont see how minshew is much different than fitzpatrick tbh

thats not a bad thing, but no team should look at him and think "oh yeah we've got our guy going forward"... i think he's a high end backup given his aggressive mentality and ability to escape pressure

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i dont see how minshew is much different than fitzpatrick tbh

thats not a bad thing, but no team should look at him and think "oh yeah we've got our guy going forward"... i think he's a high end backup given his aggressive mentality and ability to escape pressure
    Fitzypat is very different. He's a 5 star backup who doesn't last long because he gets figured out and is easy to exploit due to his ill advised throws downfield/over the middle (like Jameis Winston). He's like a flamethrower pitcher in baseball who's good the first few innings but then gets crushed when hitters figure him out. Guys usually rally behind Fitzy because he comes in after ty game manager/silver spooner 1st string QBs the bed, but that doesn't change who he is, a break glass only in emergencies QB. Minshew is also smaller than Fitzy I believe, and more mobile/less of a pure pocket passer. Fitzy is an old school statue by comparison.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Better arm than Lamar Jackson
    More accurate than Josh Allen
    More compe ive than Kirk Cousins
    Better college numbers than pretty much all of the playoff starters sans Watson, Mahomes

Most better starters were random finds. Look at Tannehill for instance. Doing decently, random dude. All of the big name school QBs tend to suck ass in NFL (Mayfield, Josh Rosen, etc). Tua, if he comes out, will suck, just like other big names Mariota, Joey Harrington, etc. only one I can think of that is decent from a big name school is Stafford
    Minshew is truly the Roddy Beaubois of NFL QBs.

Thread Information