Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Better arm than Lamar Jackson
    where do you get this from?

More accurate than Josh Allen
    that describes about 90% of NFL starters

More compe ive than Kirk Cousins
    incredibly vague/subjective tbh

Better college numbers than pretty much all of the playoff starters sans Watson, Mahomes
    o colt brennan

Most better starters were random finds. Look at Tannehill for instance. Doing decently, random dude. All of the big name school QBs tend to suck ass in NFL (Mayfield, Josh Rosen, etc). Tua, if he comes out, will suck, just like other big names Mariota, Joey Harrington, etc. only one I can think of that is decent from a big name school is Stafford
    tannehill was a first round pick because he was productive while still being incredibly raw (had only started 19 games at QB in college after changing positions)... he had good mobility, size, solid arm/accuracy and was seen to have a lot of room to grow given his lack of experience.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    its re ed to pool together comps like that... what's next?

stronger arm than brees
    more mobile than brady
    better teammate than rodgers
    more durable than wentz
    more accurate than cam

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i dont see how minshew is much different than fitzpatrick tbh

thats not a bad thing, but no team should look at him and think "oh yeah we've got our guy going forward"... i think he's a high end backup given his aggressive mentality and ability to escape pressure

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i dont see how minshew is much different than fitzpatrick tbh

thats not a bad thing, but no team should look at him and think "oh yeah we've got our guy going forward"... i think he's a high end backup given his aggressive mentality and ability to escape pressure
    Fitzypat is very different. He's a 5 star backup who doesn't last long because he gets figured out and is easy to exploit due to his ill advised throws downfield/over the middle (like Jameis Winston). He's like a flamethrower pitcher in baseball who's good the first few innings but then gets crushed when hitters figure him out. Guys usually rally behind Fitzy because he comes in after ty game manager/silver spooner 1st string QBs the bed, but that doesn't change who he is, a break glass only in emergencies QB. Minshew is also smaller than Fitzy I believe, and more mobile/less of a pure pocket passer. Fitzy is an old school statue by comparison.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Better arm than Lamar Jackson
    More accurate than Josh Allen
    More compe ive than Kirk Cousins
    Better college numbers than pretty much all of the playoff starters sans Watson, Mahomes

Most better starters were random finds. Look at Tannehill for instance. Doing decently, random dude. All of the big name school QBs tend to suck ass in NFL (Mayfield, Josh Rosen, etc). Tua, if he comes out, will suck, just like other big names Mariota, Joey Harrington, etc. only one I can think of that is decent from a big name school is Stafford
    Minshew is truly the Roddy Beaubois of NFL QBs.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Winshew

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Minshew played well today, tbh. His first int went off the hands of his receiver and the second one was thrown in desperation mode at the end of the game. He had some very impressive throws on this game. Loss definitely not on him, imho.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dude he's a beast in the making. The L is def not on him. He was finding his guys all day.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    minshew is fine. i still think he's either a low end starter or a high end backup, but he does have potential to be a little more than that, jeff garcia-esque

but kyler is on a different level, hence this thread being dumb

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Where’s all the Kliff Kingsbury hate now? Nary a peep from the mainstream media about how well he’s coaching, but they had no problem ting on him the entire offseason he got there

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    kyler taking a slight lead due to him being electric on an open field. also helps to have Nuk. Arizona looks good and in a probably the best division in the NFL. Jags dont seem to be a pushover and will definitely battle for a playoff spot since their upcoming schedule is pretty soft. next 6 weeks are MIA, Cincy, Houston, Detroit, Chargers then Houston again. All winnable games and could go 4-2 or maybe even 5-1. back end of the schedule is brutal they have Packers, Steelers, ans, Vikings (lol) and Ravens. theyll most likely miss the playoffs at 6-10 or 7-9. but the homer in me thinks theyll go 10-6 and get the first ever #7 seed lol

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Where’s all the Kliff Kingsbury hate now? Nary a peep from the mainstream media about how well he’s coaching, but they had no problem ting on him the entire offseason he got there
    ? Give Winshew DHops, Fitz, prime Kenyan Drake and that defense propping him up and he's 2-0 just as easily.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    "slight lead"

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ? Give Winshew DHops, Fitz, prime Kenyan Drake and that defense propping him up and he's 2-0 just as easily.
    I'm a huge fan of Gardner. I love him at Wazzu since I am a Leach fan. He just brings calm and a sense that the game is going to be ok when he's on the field. Not every QB has that trait. I rather have him than Jimmy G tbh.

But all the national media on Kliff and said he didn't deserve the job and now that he's 2-0 and beat the reigning NFC champs, they are very quiet on his lack of coaching ability. All the praise goes to D-Hop and Kyler, and they deserve it, but you never hear Kliff's name is my point.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm a huge fan of Gardner. I love him at Wazzu since I am a Leach fan. He just brings calm and a sense that the game is going to be ok when he's on the field. Not every QB has that trait. I rather have him than Jimmy G tbh.

But all the national media on Kliff and said he didn't deserve the job and now that he's 2-0 and beat the reigning NFC champs, they are very quiet on his lack of coaching ability. All the praise goes to D-Hop and Kyler, and they deserve it, but you never hear Kliff's name is my point.
    D Hops, Kenyan Drake on offense, and Budda Baker on defense have put that team in contention. 49ers injuries definitely helps too. The HC just didnt it up as all.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This thread aged like bread.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    2-0 and rising. They play ty Detroit on Sunday.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Winshew looking magical out there, despite Jags defense

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    let it go

i swear these people are going to become the new Vince Young truthers

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    let it go

i swear these people are going to become the new Vince Young truthers
    6th round talent is 6th round talent for a reason... for every Brady there are a few dozen Minshews. Jags need to draft a QB or trade the farm for Prescott next spring.

This thread aged like bread.
    Like bread, I said!

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    i thought kyler was gonna run away with it after minshews horrible game on tnf. gonna be a long season and minshew will come out on top by seasons end. hopefully, so we dont spend another high pick on a QB.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    i thought kyler was gonna run away with it after minshews horrible game on tnf. gonna be a long season and minshew will come out on top by seasons end. hopefully, so we dont spend another high pick on a QB.
    Hold strong.

This reminds me of the famous Cam > Luck debate

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    A lot of people don’t realize that Murray is in the Air Raid, stat pad offense. Murray is still ahead. Closer than ppl lead on

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Kyler has a much better team. Much better in every way. Coaching, front office/ownership, more offensive weapons, probably better o-line, defense, special teams. It's understandable if Kyler comes out with more wins. It may end up being like the who's better, Dan Marino or some dude who got wins on a stacked team like Trent Dilfer, etc. Or in NBA parlance, who's better, Kenny Smith because he has 2 rings or Charles Barkley with his MVP, gold medal and 0 rings. One had a better team but the other was the better player

And before semantics people say it, no, I'm not comparing him to Dan Marino or saying he's the Charles Barkley of the NFL. Just using them as comparisons of guys on worse teams with more skills than guys who performed adequately on stacked teams.

Thread Information