Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of all the youngsters on our team I feel like Forbes has another offensive level he can take it to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is at best a poor-man's Patty Mills.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    poor man's Seth Curry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already over-achieved compared to what our expectations were

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is better than Mills or Seth Curry, will get paid, but will never be an elite scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think after his performance in the Denver series his confidence coming into this year will probably be at an all-time high. You know how I can tell he's got his confidence? He stopped licking his fingers and grabbing the bottom of his shoes every 5 Seconds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think after his performance in the Denver series his confidence come into this year will probably be at an all-time high. You know how I can tell he's got his confidence? He stopped licking his fingers and grabbing the bottom of his shoes every 5 Seconds
    As the most vocal Forbes hater throughout most of last season, I admit in the playoffs, he showed the team that he belonged. But where he belongs and is best utilized is off the bench. His defense is still one of the worst in the league and no kind of confidence will change that from him. Also, he simply does not have the athleticism or BBIQ to ever take his offense to an elite level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes keeps getting better he is impressive. And he led the nba in games played, huge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum: you're welcome amigo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. He did a admirable job filling in during injury issues, but I expect him to slip behind White, Murray, and Walker by the middle of this upcoming season.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See zero reason he can't keep getting better, but I don't think he has it in him to be an elite scorer. For one thing, he's a bit too small. There are a couple of great scoring guards, but I think it really helps to be big enough to create mismatches, and Forbes can't do that. Maybe he can get to where Lou Williams is, though. I just feel like in addition to being too small, he is a little too slow to really get his shot off against concentrated defense like he would have to as a main option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See zero reason he can't keep getting better, but I don't think he has it in him to be an elite scorer. For one thing, he's a bit too small. There are a couple of great scoring guards, but I think it really helps to be big enough to create mismatches, and Forbes can't do that. Maybe he can get to where Lou Williams is, though. I just feel like in addition to being too small, he is a little too slow to really get his shot off against concentrated defense like he would have to as a main option.
    Agreed. He is obviously a great catch and shoot threat, can get his shot off behind a screen, and has a serviceable floater. But he is still undersized and hasn't really shown the ability to create his own shot, which are those are the kind of qualities it takes to become an "elite" scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only he was taller

He's already over-achieved compared to what our expectations were

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. He is obviously a great catch and shoot threat, can get his shot off behind a screen, and has a serviceable floater. But he is still undersized and hasn't really shown the ability to create his own shot, which are those are the kind of qualities it takes to become an "elite" scorer.
    When he was featured in the summer league he was a scoring machine. And yeah I know it's a damn Summer League but still. This year I'm hoping him and dejounte get the start and Derrick White and Lonnie Walker off the Bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely think he can be an elite scorer... In Austin

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patfo had an elite scorer with Jimmer. But then they decided Frenchie, Fatty, and Black Ollie were more important.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Patfo had an elite scorer with Jimmer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn was averaging what,12pts in 28MPG in the regular season and 11pts in 30MPG in the Playoffs?

You don't want him to up his scoring,you want him to up his effectiveness and get his 10ppg in 20mpg instead of 30.
    That way the defense has less holes,the bench shooting is stronger,the rotations work better.

Forbes was shooting 42% from 3 in the regular season (in 5 attempts per game) and 48% from 3 in the playoffs (4attempts pg).
    The Spurs goal is to help him keep those numbers at those heights,and hide him better in defense.

He can be an elite shooter,he doesn't have to be an elite scorer.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got muscle and got guts

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of agree with the majority here. Elite is pushing it, but he can get better. I think it’s more a lack of the physicals than actual skills that prevents him from becoming an elite scorer

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can be Eddie House or Steve Kerr, it would be good

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Saved me the trouble of saying it. Forbes can score more... if someone else provided him more opportunities.

"Elite scorer" isn't his role. His job is to stretch defenses, and he does that. If he can learn to make use of the muscle he's put on to become a better defender, then he'll be more valuable to the team. By late season/playoffs, he was showing some signs that he might be learning to play more physical D. That's really all I'm looking for from him.

Patfo had an elite scorer with Jimmer. But then they decided Frenchie, Fatty, and Black Ollie were more important.

I'm afraid I may have sustained some brain damage from reading that. Fortunately I'm a quick healer.

Thread Information