Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Simmons was on a hyper-rant with one of the smartest people on the planet, Malcolm Gladwell. Simmons did 95%of the talking and Gladwell disagreed heartily and often when he could get a word in, regarding Pop. Just sayin'

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I have never heard is him take credit for his success.
    /end thread

At one who who believes pop has never called himself and his staff out. Idiots don’t pay attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not wrong... Team USA wasn’t very good, but they should of finished better than 7th for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We're obviously discombobulated on offense. So a lot of that has to do with me. I've got to do a better job there."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-roughed-again

Literally the first Google result.
    Doesn't fit their bull narrative, so must have never happened.

Cause a coach with 30+ years experience never, ever was accountable for a loss (in his own mind). Such stupidity floating around in the minds of some posters here.....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh who the cares. What is the point of all this bashing of players and coaches? Who cares who had who? Cannot just appreciate it? It is just basketball. To some of you this is way too serious to be a fan of a team. Like this some how is part of your existence and being on the planet.

Jesus , I hate coming here cause no one is ever happy and must argue over every damn thing and then call people names. There is no actual basketball talk, it's all meaningless. Who cares who is to blame? Going through every damn moment of things that didn't work out. What good is it if someone comes out and saya blame me? Does it change anything?Nope!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much this.

Most Spurs fans who followed the team before 1997 know how good Pop has been for the organization. Lots of dumbass haters in here quite honestly. When Pop retires prepare for the return to small market mediocrity.

Remind me again how many NBA les have been won by small market teams in the last 30 years? Remind me again how many former ABA teams now hang championship banners? Tim was the heart of the Spurs for 20 years, but Pop provided the framework for the team to succeed. We could be sitting here talking about how the Duncan era was similar to the Robinson era...or how Tim won 2 les after leaving here for Orlando. The championship legacy of this team is as tied to Pop as it is to Tim Duncan.
    I see a lot of people on this site trying to do a Pop vs Duncan thing, which is really silly. Duncan had multiple opportunities to leave Pop & San Antonio and never did. He even took pay cuts later in his career to help Pop & the team when he easily could have made more money elsewhere playing for a different coach. It's funny to me that someone who "hates" Pop but loves Timmy doesn't see that they're actually insulting Timmy, saying that he was a great player but wasn't smart enough to choose a "better" coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Fake News"(in my Trump voice)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow... who cares?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Fake News"(in my Trump voice)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We're obviously discombobulated on offense. So a lot of that has to do with me. I've got to do a better job there."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-roughed-again

Literally the first Google result.
    nothing like demonstrating to someone just how easy it is to not be so intellectually lazy. (i used the term "intellectually" loosely here.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should've added in the original post that Simmons called Pop a " ing bully" and a "sore loser."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons has been salty since we got TD in the draft. Celts had best chance to get Tim that year. He doesn't hide it either. Cant find the clip but he's said multiple times he's still mad we got him and how the Celts would have won 5 chips blah blah ... Bill Simmons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He basically goes on a tirade about Popovich, saying he did a terrible job with Team USA, that he’s a bully, that he should own his loss. And he goes on to bemoan how Pop’s cult of personality has made him immune from criticism.

You can listen to the segment in his podcast (around 5 minutes) here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/co...well_that_pop/
    Meh, Culburn called him out years ago. Bill is sniffing Dale's farts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say this: Pop might not assign self blame, but he also will not accept credit. He defers credit for wins to players, credit for winning culture to coachable players and ownership that allows the GM and coaches to do their jobs, and credits the other team for winning if they do. Taking blame for a loss is pointless, much more so than assigning credit to your opponent for kicking your ass.

Pop lost his life long partner recently, and he lost the big 3 that he coached for damn near 20 years. He still took on the responsibility of coaching the only players who weren't too petty to actually play for Team USA. He probably knew he was going to lose but he did it anyhow instead of quitting like Kawhi or the other "stars" who abandoned the games. How he treats the media is meaningless to anyone else, or should be. the media. Since when did Bill Simmons give a about the Spurs when they were winning everything?

Some of you seem salty about the FIBA games and the results. If the best players in the US don't want to play in the FIBA games, they obviously don't give a about it. Why does Bill or anyone else? Pop is just doing what he does, coach.

Thread Information