Page 14 of 474 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    you think he was gonna come out and confirm he was thinking about resigning? ... you give so much weight to these public denials
    ... you give so much weight to these reports with unnamed former US officials and their inside knowledge even after they are shot down within hours, time and time again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whenever Nancy says.

What part of that do yo not understand?
    When is she still afraid of egg on her face
    She knows right now she has nothing

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How many pages will this one get before the president walks away with nary a blemish again? It'll pick up once Johnny boy stops jacking off to his Westbrook poster

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When is she still afraid of egg on her face
    She knows right now she has nothing
    She knows she doesn't have the votes. It's not now or never.

TSA still thinks the Q arrests are going to happen, for example.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    FACT
    Abramson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If A of I will include

obstruction from Mueller report

soliciting campaign aid from a foreign country

should also include

secret meetings with foreign active enemy country

Trash University fraud, $25M fine

etc, etc

could go on for pages.

Impeachment is political, not legal.

Set up a trap for Senate Repugs to vote it down, if Dems even send it to the Senate

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If A of I will include

obstruction from Mueller report

soliciting campaign aid from a foreign country

should also include

secret meetings with foreign active enemy country

Trash University fraud, $25M fine

etc, etc

could go on for pages.

Impeachment is political, not legal.

Set up a trap for Senate Repugs to vote it down, if Dems even send it to the Senate
    it's awesome watching you cry daily over orange man bad! another 5 years of this will be the cherry on top.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-25-2019 at 04:59 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol "founding fathers"... yeah, we needed the obvious because it wasn't clear. well, maybe not obvious to the left because yall are brain dead tbh.

ps: when were glass beer mugs invented?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol "founding fathers"... yeah, we needed the obvious because it wasn't clear. well, maybe not obvious to the left because yall are brain dead tbh.

ps: when were glass beer mugs invented?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump-Zelensky Phone Call: Key Takeaways From Two New Do ents

Both do ents should be treated with caution.

A footnote in the five-page
    reconstructed transcript says it is not verbatim, and its text contains ellipses.

a footnote in
    the office of legal counsel memo says it is a rewritten version and that “we have changed the prior version to avoid references to certain details that remain classified.”

Notably,

the revised memo talks only about a single phone call,

but the inspector general
    told Congress the whistle-blower’s complaint concerned more than one action.

1. Trump asked for an investigation into the Bidens.

2. Trump alluded to American aid, while not explicitly linking his request to unfreezing it, the do ent shows.

3. Zelensky agreed to pursue an inquiry into the Bidens.

4. White House officials, the whistle-blower, and the intelligence community inspector general were concerned that Trump may have broken the law.

5. The whistle-blower did not have direct knowledge of the call and may not like Trump, but the Trump-appointed inspector general still found the information credible.

6. Trump said Barr would call the Ukrainian president about another investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/25/us/politics/ukraine-phone-call-transcript.html?emc=rss&partner=rss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's a question to all those up in arms over that call whether or not trump tried to get dirt on his opposition from a foreign leader/nation....

why would yall push so hard for fake news russiagate but not for ukrainegate involving hunter and joe biden? i thought yall wanted more transparency within our gov?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Man, this dude is always involved in some

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Powers Does a Formal Impeachment Inquiry Give the House?

for the purposes of carrying out further investigation, the House’s hand would be strengthened significantly if it initiated impeachment proceedings.

Several experts have argued that the House might have a stronger legal position in disputes with the executive branch over information and witness appearances if it were undertaking impeachment proceedings rather than investigations

“the Supreme Court has contrasted the broad scope of the inquiry power of the House in impeachment proceedings with its more confined scope in legislative investigations.

From the beginning of the Federal Government, presidents have stated that in an impeachment inquiry the Executive Branch could be required to produce papers that it might with‐hold in a legislative investigation.”

today’s judiciary committee may not need the same kind of special powers it was granted as part of previous impeachment inquiries.

the full House of Representatives directing the judiciary committee “to investigate fully and completely whether sufficient grounds exist for the House of Representatives to exercise its cons utional power to impeach” the president in question.

In both cases, the resolution granted several specific powers to the committee for it to use in the course of completing the investigation with which it was charged by the full House.

First, the authorizing resolutions outlined procedures for issuing subpoenas. Second, the measures laid out a process for taking staff depositions.

Since 1998, however, the rules of the House governing staff depositions have evolved to give committees access to the tool more regularly.

Yet while today’s judiciary committee already has some of the useful powers for impeachment proceedings available, it could pursue additional procedural items if the House chooses to specifically authorize impeachment.

the House judiciary committee voted to give the president procedural rights in the committee’s deliberations. The president and his counsel were invited to attend all executive session and open committee hearings,

The current judiciary committee would not be bound by precedents to afford the president these same procedural rights,

Impeachment proceedings may also give the judiciary committee a stronger case for obtaining certain materials protected from disclosure by statute,

like the grand jury materials from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

there is some historical precedent for the House judiciary committee to obtain such information from the court—most notably in the context of the Watergate impeachment proceedings.

the power to impeach is contained in an entirely separate and discrete section of the U.S. Cons ution.

The decision of whether to impeach requires the development of a detailed, backward-looking factual record of specific conduct by the president.

We think it is entirely possible—probable even—that judges would recognize the primacy of impeachment proceedings against the president of the United States and expedite consideration of such cases.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-pow...iry-give-house

Dems should get the IRS to release Trash's tax returns, which IS THE LAW for nearly 100 years

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    here's a question to all those up in arms over that call whether or not trump tried to get dirt on his opposition from a foreign leader/nation....

why would yall push so hard for fake news russiagate but not for ukrainegate involving hunter and joe biden? i thought yall wanted more transparency within our gov?
    what are you saying the Bidens did that was illegal?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

still with her

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    still replying

too easy