Page 25 of 474 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fear the Dem pols don't have the fire and skill to put together a winning Articles of Impeachment nor to expose it thoroughly, slowly in the House.

I already read recommendations that A of I should be narrowed only to the Ukraine , excluding all the other Trash has committed before and after election. eg, excluding his guilt and $25M penalty for Trash U scamming

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fear the Dem pols don't have the fire and skill to put together a winning Articles of Impeachment nor to expose it thoroughly, slowly in the House.

I already read recommendations that A of I should be narrowed only to the Ukraine , excluding all the other Trash has committed before and after election. eg, excluding his guilt and $25M penalty for Trash U scamming
    It is a legit problem.
    The guy has pushed so many boundaries it’s overwhelming. The blue team gives the red team a chance to muddy the water by going into other . This current and most blatant problem is clear and most recent. The American people don’t even necessarily know that asking a foreign government to dig up dirt against a political opponent is a seriously high crime. And Certainly 1/3 of the voting public does not gaf.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelosi will narrow this impeachment to only the ukraine ery

then will display only do ented facts

trump withheld $$$
    trump sent goons to strong arm ukraine and announcing that only if ukraine prez “plays ball” - will there ever be any $$

after that was established and 400 million was held

then trump took call and impeached himself officially

wh then tried to cover it up

it will be a simple clear vote

dems will all vote that

”yes- any president who abuses his power to extort and to sic foreign govts on his political opponents should be impeached for high crimes and assorted ery”

mcconnell and the corrupt gop will tell america

”we defend abuse of power even when we see proof and facts and the crimes are indisputable”

good night moscow!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Founders: Removal from office is not the only purpose of impeachment

In my work as a law professor studying original texts about the U.S. Cons ution, I’ve found statements made at the
    Cons utional Convention explaining that the Founders viewed impeachment as a regular practice with three purposes:

• To remind both the country and the president that he is not above the law
    • To deter abuses of power
    • To provide a fair and reliable method to resolve su ions about misconduct.

The Convention delegates repeatedly agreed with the assertion by George Mason of Virginia, that

no point is of more importance … than the right of impeachment” because no one is “above justice.”

Need for deterrence

One of the Founders’ greatest fears was that the president would abuse his power.

George Mason described the president as the “
    man who can commit the most extensive injustice.”

James Madison thought the president might “
    pervert his administration into a scheme of [stealing public funds]

or oppression or
    betray his trust to foreign powers.”

Edmund Randolph, governor of Virginia, said the president “will have
    great opportunitys of abusing his power;

particularly in time of war when the military force,

and in some respects the public money will be in his hands.”

https://theconversation.com/founders...achment-124254

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The narrow path will also influence red team members to stick with one issue. Then we watch the rats jump ship, or stay on and drown. Some are up for re election. They know the seriousness, it seems only Trump was oblivious. Rudy et al will also be interesting with a narrow focus.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The narrow path will also influence red team members to stick with one issue. Then we watch the rats jump ship, or stay on and drown. Some are up for re election. They know the seriousness, it seems only Trump was oblivious. Rudy et al will also be interesting with a narrow focus.
    Trump is the GOP. No one is jumping ship.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You omitted the next sentence, where he clearly invites him to talk to his personal laywer, his attorney general, about the Bidden.

Because you didn't quote it doesn't mean I didn't post it or it didn't happen. People here can read all of our posts.
    You are just making up now

"I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are just making up now

"I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible."
    yeah

because the entire planet knows and believes that Trump is a bastion of goodness, honesty & moral fiber and just roots out corruption all over the world!

lolololol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says pressure from “leftist” Democrats sparked the House’s impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, Politico is reporting.

And he predicted the investigation would create total gridlock in Washington.

Cuomo said the nation was headed “down a very long and unproductive road” that will not end with Trump’s removal from office, according to Politico.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media Report Trump’s Ukraine Call ‘Preconditioned’ On Discussing Hunter Biden. That Was A Lie.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/media...mpaign=dwbrand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says pressure from “leftist” Democrats sparked the House’s impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, Politico is reporting.

And he predicted the investigation would create total gridlock in Washington.

Cuomo said the nation was headed “down a very long and unproductive road” that will not end with Trump’s removal from office, according to Politico.
    Cuomo agrees with the chorus of ideologically diverse Never-Trumpers at the NYT pooh-poohing impeachment.

What a surprise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the server normally reserved for highly sensitive intelligence and covert ops was used for the transcript and related do ents.
    In a move that former intel officials call... unusual, given the call did not concern any actual intelligence operations.

Almost as if they knew there was something they wanted to hide.

Trump official says lawyers had Ukraine call transcript moved to secure system
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-secure-system

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tulsi

Condolences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the server normally reserved for highly sensitive intelligence and covert ops was used for the transcript and related do ents.
    In a move that former intel officials call... unusual, given the call did not concern any actual intelligence operations.

Trash's secret server was for top secret Nat Sec stuff.

Trash/Barr stashed Trump-incriminating POLITICAL stuff there and told Congress nobody could have it.

Why are Trash and his mafiya always hiding stuff, forgetting, lying, obstructing?

Why do they ALWAYS act so defensively guilty?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Condolences.

Triggered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

After 2017, when verbatim transcripts of his conversations with the leaders of Australian and Mexico were leaked to the press, the White House began to restrict the number of officials who had access to the transcripts. One former Trump administration official confirmed that the White House started placing transcripts into the codeword system after those leaks.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...script-1514714

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seven important and awful signs for Trump

it is the muted reaction of Senate Republicans that leads the list of disastrous signs for the president.

A second bad sign for Trump: The polls are already moving in favor of impeachment — and moving fast.

A third negative indicator for Trump is that the involvement of so many people — possibly including Attorney General William P. Barr and acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney — gives this a Watergate feel and creates many witnesses.

Fourth, when Trump’s
    remarks threatening a whistleblower immediately leaked one could see not only a new basis for impeachment but a willingness of all sorts of people to rat him out.

Fifth, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has given the laboring oar to the Intelligence Committee headed by the very able Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) and on which two of the sharpest Democrats sit — Reps. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) and Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.).

Sixth, Pelosi has wisely decided to
    focus on the whistleblower material for impeachment. This topic alone could provide a basis for impeachment articles on abuse of power, obstruction and threatening a whistleblower.

Finally, Trump is even less cir spect, disciplined and rational than usual.

And why wouldn’t he be?

He may well be only the third president
    impeached and has a shot at being the first removed.

Surely he must see the walls closing in and the potential for removal, prosecution and,

worst of all for a first-class narcissist, humiliation.

He was so thickheaded he didn’t even realize what was incriminating.

He was so foolish as to take advice from the equally unhinged Giuliani.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/27/seven-important-awful-signs-trump/?wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/27/seven-important-awful-signs-trump/?wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

tranny Julie Annie, aka The Best People

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-27-2019 at 01:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are still 12 House Democrats who don't support impeachment proceedings. Why?

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/27/pol...www.cnn.com%2F

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After 2017, when verbatim transcripts of his conversations with the leaders of Australian and Mexico were leaked to the press, the White House began to restrict the number of officials who had access to the transcripts. One former Trump administration official confirmed that the White House started placing transcripts into the codeword system after those leaks.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...script-1514714

It's falling apart on them.

Week in review. It's bribery just wait until you see the transcript, oh well you have to read between the lines and a brief claim it cons uted a campaign finance violation. Then it was just wait until you see the whistle blower report but now that it's clear this person doesn't even qualify as a whistle blower they are moving onto the "cover up" angle. Let's see how long it takes to find out who the leaker is and if the rumors that Schiff was involved in writing the phony whistle blower report are true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's falling apart on them.

Week in review. It's bribery just wait until you see the transcript, oh well you have to read between the lines and a brief claim it cons uted a campaign finance violation. Then it was just wait until you see the whistle blower report but now that it's clear this person doesn't even qualify as a whistle blower they are moving onto the "cover up" angle. Let's see how long it takes to find out who the leaker is and if the rumors that Schiff was involved in writing the phony whistle blower report are true.
    Don't forget they first said Trump threatened to sta aid and quid pro quo etc

Then quid pro quo is not needed

Now it's not the call it's the cover up of the call

Thread Information