Page 357 of 474 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 11850
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitch McConnell considering ‘kill switch’ that

allows him to pull plug on Trump impeachment at any time

According to a report at Fox News

a “kill switch” rule that would allow him to dismiss the articles of impeachment in the Senate against Donald Trump quickly after a minimum of evidence has been presented.

McConnell is keeping the whatever rules the Senate will have to abide by secret from te Democrats Russian show trial!

the resolution will give the president’s team the option to either move to judgment or to move to dismiss at a meaningful time.”

trial will become endless circus run by Adam Schiff.” talking point from orchestrated script!

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ‘has receipts’:

Reporter breaks down why ‘honest’ White House officials are concerned about Lev Parnas

claimed “Trump
    knew exactly everything that was going on that Rudy Giuliani was doing in Ukraine.”

there’s “a recognition among sources who are being honest that even if [Parnas is] not an official witness, he’s already impacting this trial.”

“Unless senators are completely tuned out,

they are absorbing what he is saying and they are seeing what he is dropping in these do ent dumps,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/he-has-receipts-reporter-breaks-down-why-honest-white-house-officials-are-concerned-about-lev-parnas/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3521

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Defense Brief Is So Weak He Likely Dictated Parts Himself, John Dean Suspects

“It’s of that vernacular,” said Richard Nixon’s former White House counsel. “It’s not legally sophisticated. It obviously plays to the base.”

John Dean criticized the initial brief laying out Donald Trump’s impeachment defense as

an unconvincing “scorched earth” strategy that lawyers in the Senate aren’t likely to buy.

speculated that parts of it may have been “dictated” by Trump himself.

“I think it’s actually going to insult some of the lawyers in the Senate.

If their more detailed brief is of the same tone, they’re making a serious mistake,” Dean said.

“Lawyers are not going to buy into this.

Most members of the Senate, both parties, are lawyers.”

Dean also accused the legal team of cherry-picking particular details and distorting facts in the brief.

The “scheme” to pressure Ukraine to announce an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden, which would have politically benefited Trump,

“wasn’t just two phone calls”

to Ukraine’s president, as the brief claims, Dean noted.

“Any news person, any person following the news, would know it’s been going on for months, involving multiple people,”

added Dean, who called the operation a “shakedown.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/john-...s&guccounter=1

Repug Senators are lawyers? lawyers, they'll do any "lawyering" that they are paid to do.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parnas attorney asking for Barr’s recusal-

i really hope parnas and his attorney have do ents/evidence to bury Barr

otherwise parnas is ed and barr will destroy the evidence at the SDNY

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legal experts compare Trump lawyers’ impeachment brief to the ‘scream of a wounded animal’

. Legal experts Benjamin Wittes and Quinta Jurecic, ... assert that there is an enormous difference between the two:

while the House brief is professionally organized,

the one from Team Trump is a rambling mess that reads like “the scream of a wounded animal.”

“It starts with the law,

the nature and purposes of Congress’ impeachment power,

then walks through the evidence regarding the first article of impeachment,

which alleges abuse of power, and

seeks to show how the evidence establishes the House’s claim that President Trump is guilty of this offense.

It then proceeds to argue that the offense requires his removal from office.”

filed by the president’s personal lawyer Jay Sekulow and the White House Counsel Pat Cipollone,

does not read like a traditional legal argument at all,”

“It begins with a series of rhetorical flourishes — all of them, to one degree or another, false.

The articles of impeachment are ‘a dangerous attack on the right of the American people to freely choose their president,’

as though the impeachment power were not a cons utional reality

every bit as enshrined in the founding do ent as the quadrennial election of the president.”

​the Trumpian brief “reads like one of the president’s speeches at his campaign rallies. The language is a little more lawyerly, if only a little.

Trump’s cries of ‘witch hunt!’ have turned into

‘lawless process that violated basic due process and fundamental fairness.’

His allegations that Democrats are a ‘disgrace’ have turned into ‘an affront to the Cons ution.’

And Trump’s insistence that there’s a plot to destroy his presidency has become a ‘highly partisan and reckless obsession with impeaching the president (that) began the day he was inaugurated and continues to this day.’

But the message is unchanged. It’s not a legal argument. It’s a howl of rage.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/leg...8460&list_id=1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump White House would ‘block any attempt to include testimony from Lev Parnas’ in Senate trial

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/trump-white-house-would-block-any-attempt-to-include-testimony-from-lev-parnas-in-senate-trial-report/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3532

Parnas is a govt employee?

The defendant can block hostile witnesses?

This needs resolution by SCOTUS

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the strong Repug tradition of incomprehensible word salad originated with Sarah Palin, and continued by Trash

Let's Play A Quick Round Of 'WTF Is Kellyanne Conway Saying Here?'

She said:

Well, I can tell you the president is preparing for Davos and

agrees with many of the things that Dr. Martin Luther King stood for, Trash is a racist, ask any black Congressperson.

and agreed with for many years — including unity and equality, and

he's not the one trying to tear the country apart through an impeachment process and

a lack of substance that really is very shameful at this point.

I've held my opinion on it for a very long time,

but when you see the articles of impeachment that came out,

I don't think it was Dr. King's vision to have Americans dragged through a process

where the president is not going to be removed from office,

is not being charged with bribery, extortion, high crimes and misdemeanors.

And I think that anybody who cares about "and justice for all" on today or any day of the year

will appreciate the fact that the president will have a full throttle defense on the facts

and everybody should have that.

I this morning was reading some lesser-known passages by Dr. King

and I appreciate the fact that we as a nation respect him by giving him his own day,

and I'm happy to share a birthday with him.

https://www.wonkette.com/lets-play-a-quick-round-of-wtf-is-kellyanne-conway-saying-here

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kellyanne Conway Threatens ‘Reciprocity’

if Democrats Push For Trump Trial Witnesses:

‘Be Careful What You Wish For’

Kellyanne Conway responded ... to the possibility of Senate Democrats (and several Republicans) defying President Donald Trump

and calling upon witnesses to testify over the impeachment articles.

Conway warned of “reciprocity” against any Democratic senators who call for witnesses.

“The president was denied witnesses in the house proceeding. LIE Trash rejected the Dems invitation to participate

If the Democrats really want to go down that road and have witnesses,

then we’re going to have reciprocity, in those witnesses, I dare them,”

“Witness number one would have to be Hunter Biden.

How else would he know about the corruption in Ukraine?

Do you know people have tripping over themselves for the last six months or so, including in the mainstream media, saying there’s no evidence Hunter Biden did anything wrong?

He should willingly come and testify.”

would that mean for the White House to have
    John Bolton testify?”

“Very little.

The president may exert executive privilege. why would Trash gag Bolton?

The House should have called
    John Bolton if they were so anxious to hear from him.”

“they failed to make a case,

Conway concluded the interview by blasting the impeachment now in the Senate as an “abuse of the cons ution.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/kellyanne-conway-threatens-reciprocity-if-democrats-push-for-trump-trial-witnesses-be-careful-what-you-wish-for/

Does "alternative facts" KAC typify the lawyers from Trinity Washington U and Geo Washington U?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump White House would ‘block any attempt to include testimony from Lev Parnas’ in Senate trial

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/trump-white-house-would-block-any-attempt-to-include-testimony-from-lev-parnas-in-senate-trial-report/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3532

Parnas is a govt employee?

The defendant can block hostile witnesses?

This needs resolution by SCOTUS

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alan Dershowitz Walks Back Notion President Can’t Be Impeached Unless He’s Committed Crime

“There is no inconsistency between what I said during the Clinton impeachment and what I am saying now,” he declared.

“I said then that there doesn’t have to be a ‘technical’ crime.

I have said now there must be ‘criminal-like’ conduct,

or conduct ‘akin to treason and bribery.'”

Renato Mariotti commenting,

“This argument is silly and ahistorical, but even if it were true, there is obviously conduct ‘akin to’ bribery in this case.”

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/alan-dershowitz-walks-back-notion-president-cant-be-impeached-unless-hes-committed-crime/

Trash brings out The Best in His Very Best People

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Doug Collins,
    Mark Meadows,
    Jim Jordan, and

More Joining Trump Defense Team

the following Republican congress members will be on the legal team:

1. Jim Jordan
    2. Doug Collins
    3. Debbie Lesko
    4. Mark Meadows
    5. John Ratcliffe
    6. Elise Stefanik
    7. Lee Zeldin
    8. Mike Johnson

https://www.mediaite.com/news/doug-collins-mark-meadows-jim-jordan-and-more-joining-trump-defense-team/

These gutless, less, spineless lying asshole sycophants made for hilarious, ridiculous no-DEFENSE TeeVee in the House,

but has anybody told Trash that Fox won't have a feed? c-span and PBS only, afaics

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moscow's Little McConnell said "Clinton impeachment rules" would apply, but THAT WAS A LIE

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s poll numbers have tanked in the last month —

and even his supporters agree he broke the law

51 percent of Americans support removing Trump from office,

It’s a shocking number that even President Bill Clinton didn’t have to contend with when he was impeached.

At no time did Clinton drop below 50 percent favorability during his impeachment trial.

After it was over, Clinton topped 73 percent approval.

“Net support for removing Trump from office is up 8 points since mid-December,”

even Republicans and Trump’s supporters agree

what the president did was wrong and

he likely is guilty of the crimes he’s accused.

On the first article, whether Trump abused the power of his office, 58 percent agreed he’s guilty (41 percent disagree).

On the second article, whether Trump obstructed justice, 57 percent believe Trump is guilty (39 percent disagree).

a massive 74 percent of Americans said they were paying attention to the impeachment trial.

Americans also don’t like the way Republicans are handling the impeachment, to the tune of 54 percent. Only 39 percent approve.

A whopping 67 percent of people polled said that Russia is either a very serious or moderately serious threat.

Only 14 percent of people said that Russia isn’t a threat at all, meaning even Republicans agree Russia is a threat to the United States.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/tru...he-law-report/

To paraphrase, criminal Repug Tricky Nixon, the only President ever to resign in disgrace (naturally a Repug):

"Congressional Repugs don't do the popular thing, they do the wrong thing"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McConnell frantic Trump will do something to derail speedy impeachment trial before another bombs hits

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has

multiple reasons for hoping to get the impeachment trial of Donald Trump over with as quickly as possible,

including the fear that more bombs s are about to drop or

the president may stick his nose in the proceedings and disrupt the whole process.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/mcconnell-frantic-trump-will-do-something-to-derail-speedy-impeachment-trial-before-another-bombs -hits-report/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3534

Moscow's Little McConnell has shutdown communications from Senators, but surely Trash will be tweeting 100s times / day and nights

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Giuliani throws Lev Parnas under the bus:

‘I was misled by him’

Rudy Giuliani distanced himself on Fox News from his indicted associate Lev Parnas.

Parnas has claimed in recent interviews that he helped Giuliani carry out a pressure campaign against Ukraine,

but President Donald Trump’s personal attorney tried to put daylight between himself and his former henchman, reported Axios.

“Lev is someone I’m — I was close to,” Giuliani told “The Ingraham Angle.”

“Obviously, I was misled by him.

I feel very bad. awww, sniff, sniff, hard-ass Julie Annie has a heart?

I was godfather to his child and spent a lot of time

… I still feel sorry for him.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/rud..._campaign=3534

With Trash's mafiya, there is "no honor among thieves"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christian fanatics, TV showboats and corrupt clowns:

Donald Trump’s defense team is amazing —

but not in a good way

most of us who could see how he might seduce the

faction of the country that had been primed for a demagogue like him over the past several decades

also overestimated the patriotism of Republican officials,

many of whom made it clear in the beginning that they knew what he was and

have since rolled over for him like trained poodles.

That phenomenon is what will determine the eventual outcome of the trial we are about to witness.

We have an incompetent and corrupt president,

who has clearly committed multiple cases of abuse of power,

being protected by his party —

which is openly engaged in a cover-up of his high crimes.

Leading Republicans are no longer even trying to pretend they are statesmen (or women).

It is just an exercise of pure partisan resistance to any and all accountability for their leader.

​McConnell has manipulated the trial procedures to be as opaque and hurried as possible.

His rules for the media, and his demands that

much of the trial be presented in the dead of night,

are nothing more than an attempt to cover up the proceedings as much as possible.

Republican voters will be shielded from the truth by Fox News and other right-wing media.

what kind of lawyers would take a case like this? It appears that it isn’t top conservative legal talent.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/christian-fanatics-tv-showboats-and-corrupt-clowns-donald-trumps-defense-team-is-amazing-but-not-in-a-good-way/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3534

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-21-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mueller report = cover up was successful

Senate Impeachment Trial = Cover up in progress

2016 Elections = stolen by trump team with russia’s interference

2020 Election = cheating/foreign interference & GOP cover ups will hand trump another 4 years

who cares?

not enough americans

we will get the govt we deserve

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, dismissal after opening arguments?

scared Republicans

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you clamor for dismissal of a case you know you are going to win?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you clamor for dismissal of a case you know you are going to win?
    because :

How Donald Trump’s Unlikely Legal Team Will Try to Defend Him

At some level, Donald Trump’s defenders must know that his conduct is impeachable.

That’s why the President has taken every opportunity to block the facts from coming out.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...term=TNY_Daily

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ukraine story isn't going to ever get better for Dennison. It sucks having to kick the can TSA-style but we all knew nothing would happen in the senate. The only thing to watch for is a crack in the red wall.

Thread Information